Welcome to virtual west bank
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

St Mirren Online Shop And J D Sports

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Shopping online at J D is a nightmare, its a joke and when you phone the customer helpline they never answer and its a expensive 0844 number, it would be better if the St Mirren football gear was sold by Sports Direct, their stores and online shop are far superior, has anyone else had problems shopping online at JD Sports and what do you think of the St Mirren shop?

The_idea

The_idea

International Call Up

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
Any shopping I've done online has been no bother. Orderd stuff when it was first released then orderd couple of things for crimbo and they have all arrived no bother!

Guess it just depends what you are looking for?

But it should be sports direct... then i'd get a discount Posted Image
Advice : Do not tie ones shoe lace in a revolving door way!

div

div

I'm bald and I know I am

• The Gaffers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,616 posts
  • Top Man:Marian Kello
I've bought a few things from the website and it came when it said it would come, and I got free delivery as well. No complaints here.

The club has a contractual agreement with JD Sports which is for 3 years and we are only in the middle of year 1. I think they have publically acknowledged recently that mistakes were made this year in terms of stock etc which hopefully they will learn from.

New 3rd strip due out in April and for the first time I can remember the new home strip for next season is due out on the last day of this season. If they pull that off and do it right that will be brilliant. Just need to wait and see I guess, the new strips for next season are all magnif if you ask me !
  • HighlandStmirrenfan and TediousTom like this

"It's great to be part of the history of this football club, and I'm just bursting with pride"
Steven Thompson Mar 17th 2013

pozbaird

pozbaird

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 6,181 posts
  • Top Man:Guni Torfason

I've bought a few things from the website and it came when it said it would come, and I got free delivery as well. No complaints here.

The club has a contractual agreement with JD Sports which is for 3 years and we are only in the middle of year 1. I think they have publically acknowledged recently that mistakes were made this year in terms of stock etc which hopefully they will learn from.

New 3rd strip due out in April and for the first time I can remember the new home strip for next season is due out on the last day of this season. If they pull that off and do it right that will be brilliant. Just need to wait and see I guess, the new strips for next season are all magnif if you ask me !

I had no problem ordering a couple of items online, or in getting a home top at Braehead, and have just got a discounted rain jacket for £20, down from £39.99.

Obviously there have been well-documented problems in certain kid's items, running out of certain sizes, and so on... but as Div says, moves are afoot to make 'year 2' of the deal better than 'year 1'. We can either kick them in the nuts for the problems, or give them a chance to sort them. If there are still supply and demand issues in 'year 2', then there's real cause for concern. I'm happy enough to see what transpires in 'year 2' before coming down too heavy on anyone - but kit and trainingwear aside, issues remain with all the other 'gubbins' that goes to make up a top flight football club's merchandising operation. Basically, all the stuff Provan's did - Hummel gear aside. Hopefully, we see improvements here too as we head into season 2012/13. Again, I'm prepared to give the club a chance to take on board the criticism of life 'post Provans', and to see improvements here too.

Just to agree with Div on one more point - I also think the 2012/13 kits are cracking. We should sell tons of em'. I hope. Posted Image

Lavety & Van Zanten. Inducted May 2013. Still not on the stadium HoF boards... ONE YEAR, TWO MONTHS... and counting.

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Any shopping I've done online has been no bother. Orderd stuff when it was first released then orderd couple of things for crimbo and they have all arrived no bother!

Guess it just depends what you are looking for?

But it should be sports direct... then i'd get a discount Posted Image

You are lucky ! ,JD Sports got 1Star on internet reviews.
Having trouble buying a St Mirren rain jacket, says its in stock but when i go to buy it a crazy message appears that makes no sense, and why do they have a customer helpline that never answers the phone, i have bought tons of stuff from Sports direct with no problems and the delivery is super fast, Greaves sports in Glasgow are also good, but they sell no St Mirren.Posted Image

FS

FS

'The Eejit'

• Special Access
  • 8,855 posts
  • Top Man:Guni Torfason
Is the rain jacket any good ? i.e Is it actually rain-proof ?

Scabby Dug

Scabby Dug

SFA Hall of Fame

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Shopping online at J D is a nightmare, its a joke and when you phone the customer helpline they never answer and its a expensive 0844 number, it would be better if the St Mirren football gear was sold by Sports Direct, their stores and online shop are far superior, has anyone else had problems shopping online at JD Sports and what do you think of the St Mirren shop?

If you get a phone number like that go to this site for an alternative:-

SAYNOTO0870.COM
type in the number and you usually get normal alternatives

Edited by Scabby Dug, 25 January 2012 - 16:43.

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

If you get a phone number like that go to this site for an alternative:-

SAYNOTO0870.COM
type in the number and you usually get normal alternatives

Did you know that DWP Jobcentres, Goverment use a 0845 number which is sick, they are making money out of the unemployed, it should be a freephone number for those out of work, talk about kicking a dog when its down!

St. Sid

St. Sid

YOUR FUTURE PRESIDENT!!!!!!!

• Special Access
  • 19,470 posts
  • Top Man:Gary Teale

Did you know that DWP Jobcentres, Goverment use a 0845 number which is sick, they are making money out of the unemployed, it should be a freephone number for those out of work, talk about kicking a dog when its down!

If they're no working what's to stop the lazy f'k'rs walking down to the JobCentre. Posted Image

Got Sid's bench coat from the club shop. The quality of the products is top notch.
  • Stuart Dickson and TediousTom like this
Never Mind the f**kshitcuntybollox!

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

If they're no working what's to stop the lazy f'k'rs walking down to the JobCentre. Posted Image

Got Sid's bench coat from the club shop. The quality of the products is top notch.

Are you related to Norman Tebbit, is Maggie Thatcher your idol?
They are not all lazy f'k's as you put it, some are disabled and can't walk,
have you ever been in a Jokecentre?, depressing ,horrible place, arrogant staff, old over weight security guards who annoy every punter who goes in there, talk about a Nazi state.
You can always wear your bench coat if you ever have to sign on at a JokecentrePosted Image

top 6

top 6

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
On line off line the shop is crap bring back provan sports
You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart
But now I'm not an artist I'm a f**king work of art

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

On line off line the shop is crap bring back provan sports

The shop does not really have that much for sale, its lacking and empty looking, compared to other clubs.

top 6

top 6

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Provans was a great shop for saints fans
You could always pick up a good hat scarf sticker you name it they had it even the odd phone cover I miss it
You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart
But now I'm not an artist I'm a f**king work of art

buddiecat

buddiecat

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 3,209 posts
  • Top Man:The Thommohawk

there is an 0800 number to make a new claim, the 0845 numbers are for maintaining your claim-reporting changes etc, you can also report changes in writing and get a freepost envelope from your jobcentre or ask them if they will copy and email it to the benefit centre, the 0845 number is charged at local call rates and does not make a profit, hope this helps

buddiecat

buddiecat

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 3,209 posts

Are you related to Norman Tebbit, is Maggie Thatcher your idol?
They are not all lazy f'k's as you put it, some are disabled and can't walk,
have you ever been in a Jokecentre?, depressing ,horrible place, arrogant staff, old over weight security guards who annoy every punter who goes in there, talk about a Nazi state.
You can always wear your bench coat if you ever have to sign on at a JokecentrePosted Image

the people who work for jobcentreplus are not all old arrogant fat gits i'll have you know

exiledfan

exiledfan

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,770 posts
JD Sports online is fine I had no issuess with my tops. I do miss being able to get pens, mugs and gifts from Proven though.

Tracy Barlow Loyal

Tracy Barlow Loyal

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 2,625 posts

Provans was a great shop for saints fans
You could always pick up a good hat scarf sticker you name it they had it even the odd phone cover I miss it

JD Sports online is fine I had no issuess with my tops. I do miss being able to get pens, mugs and gifts from Proven though.

Did you like the Rubber Ducks as well? C'mon, own up, which one of you are Kombi Buddie?!
  • Kombi Buddie likes this
The Cops are out, They're running about, Don't know if they'll ever be able to blockbuster out!

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

the people who work for jobcentreplus are not all old arrogant fat gits i'll have you know

Jokecentre plus is a depressing place, i would make the place more welcoming for the unemployed, treat them with respect, make it more inviting, play music, have plants, nice decor, free internet, newspapers, tv, free tea and coffee, that way the unemployed would enjoy looking for work instead of the Hitler tactics that the DWP inforce.
Give them a carrot not the stick!
  • St. Sid and Tracy Barlow Loyal like this

jda

jda

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

there is an 0800 number to make a new claim, the 0845 numbers are for maintaining your claim-reporting changes etc, you can also report changes in writing and get a freepost envelope from your jobcentre or ask them if they will copy and email it to the benefit centre, the 0845 number is charged at local call rates and does not make a profit, hope this helps

0845 numbers and they take forever to answer the calls and maybe repeat calls, then you get your phone bill in and OH MY GOD is that what i have to pay, come on mate it should be free.

buddiecat

buddiecat

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 3,209 posts

0845 numbers and they take forever to answer the calls and maybe repeat calls, then you get your phone bill in and OH MY GOD is that what i have to pay, come on mate it should be free.

i don't disagree - it should be easier to get through - but it's the government that have recently decided to pay off the people they brought in to cover all the extra calls they knew they would get when they introduced new benefits and new policies, and it's also the government who want to decrease footfall in jobcentre offices , they would prefer most of it to be done online or by phone, they will argue that conducting business online is cheaper than phone calls and that not everyone has to phone, blame the government not jobcentre staff in general, if someone in a jobcentre causes you grief then make an official complaint - all complaints are taken very seriously i can assure you
  • ErskineSMFC likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users