Welcome to virtual west bank
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Open Top Bus Route

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

FTOF

FTOF

Atheist extremist Natsi

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,633 posts
  • Top Man:The Thommohawk

Bus route for potential open top bus route outlined in PDE today.

ver, in the event of a St Mirren victory, an open-top bus will set off from Paisley Canal railway station and head along Causeyside Street, St Mirren Street, Gauze Street and Smithhills Street before arriving at County Square for the official victory party.

http://www.paisleyda...87085-32929134/

Strange to see our current provost claiming to be such an ardent supporter of the club.I could be wrong but I seem to remember her being one of five councillors who voted against us getting planning permission for the new ground.

http://www.blackandw...saturday/page-4

Post #76 seems to confirm that.

Edited by FTOF, 06 March 2013 - 18:25.

• shull and Slash like this

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. 

Bertrand Russell

Super_Saints

Super_Saints

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,603 posts
  • Top Man:The Thommohawk
Will this be on the Sunday straight after the game if we win ?

Slash

Slash

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,913 posts

Some councillors will do anything to get their two-faces in the press. 

Some players are like a fine wine and take years to mature and develop. Others are like the Buckfast - instant hit but gie ye the boak the day after.

David Mc

David Mc

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,947 posts

Bus route for potential open top bus route outlined in PDE today.

http://www.paisleyda...87085-32929134/

Strange to see our current provost claiming to be such an ardent supporter of the club.I could be wrong but I seem to remember her being one of five councillors who voted against us getting planning permission for the new ground.

Post #76 seems to confirm that.

Let's just say If Anne Hall was indeed at the semi-final she wouldn't have much enjoyed losing.

saintnextlifetime

saintnextlifetime

Bored Mod

• Special Access
  • 8,952 posts

Let's just say If Anne Hall was indeed at the semi-final she wouldn't have much enjoyed losing.

Well , I don't think she mentioned which end she was sitting in and left it open to assumption/supposition. .

• SGG likes this
I'm just another Glory Boy

So scared of getting old

Shout hurrah , for us Glory Boys

With eyes of lead and hearts of gold. .

davidg

davidg

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Board Mod
  • 15,068 posts
  • Top Man:Guni Torfason
Gorgie Road is where the bus will be heading if we play like we did in the second half tonight.

shull

shull

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 35,000 posts

Gorgie Road is where the bus will be heading if we play like we did in the second half tonight.

Wash yir mouth out .................lol.gif

• davidg likes this
40 Part Time Clubs and

Scottish Football will live happily ever after.

pod

pod

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 3,626 posts

Will this be on the Sunday straight after the game if we win ?

Nobodies listening to you and I can't answer it.

gc_SMFC

gc_SMFC

Panel Pundit on Radio Clyde

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • Top Man:Kenny McLean

I hope it's one of those bus boats, bring it out to the North Sea for those that can't be there....

Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."
"Very well! Give him cake!"
"Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice."

spoogy1

spoogy1

First team regular

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

I say give the team the bus incase we lose. They should be applauded for getting to the final in the first place after beating celtic in the semis which most people would off excpected a mauling off them.

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,858 posts
I'd imagine the team will be applauded regardless by the hardcore fans at the final whistle,open top bus only if we play a blinder and win this game.

I wouldn't imagine it would be the night of the game would it?

BuddieMagill89

BuddieMagill89

Ball Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Top Man:Gary Teale
"Danny Lennon added: “Cup fever is certainly biting, and the whole town is buzzing – everywhere we go we get well-wishers

“It will be great if we can bring the cup back and make it a memorable occasion for the town.

“We have a fantastic opportunity to be a proud part of this wonderful club’s history and we will do everything we can to make that happen.”

Renfrewshire Council has put plans in place for any victory party – should Saints return from Hampden with the trophy.

An open-top bus parade will take the squad around the town centre, before ending in County Square, with a stage to be erected there for the team to show off the trophy.

The parade will start at Paisley Canal Street station, and head along Causeyside Street and Gauze Street to County Square.

Fans can congregate there to enjoy the party, with a funfair also laid on as part of the entertainment.­­"

From the Renfrewshire council website - I believe it will be straight after the game!!

hamlet

hamlet

Baby Crew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Spot on. Worth repeating that Provest Anne Hall voted against the planning permission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users