Welcome to virtual west bank
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

St Mirren Junior Trials

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

shull

shull

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,970 posts
  • Top Man:Tony Fitzpatrick

http://www.saintmirr.../pages/?p=27189

My wee yin would fancy this but i don't know if she would be permitted.

The link isnae too clear although it does mention " son ".

Anybody know ?

Thanks !

Edited by shull, 07 October 2013 - 23:29.

40 Part Time Clubs and

Scottish Football will live happily ever after.

shull

shull

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 36,970 posts
YOU ARE HERE: HOME / NEWS / COMMUNITY NEWS / ST MIRREN JUNIOR ACADEMY OPEN TRIALS (2005 TO 2008)
St Mirren Junior Academy Open Trials (2005 to 2008)
OCTOBER 7, 2013 BY ADMIN

St-Mirren-Junior-Academy-%E2%80%93-Open-St Mirren Football Club’s Junior Academy will be holding an open trial for players born in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 (including goalkeepers) on Sunday 27th October.

Players interested in trying out for their local professional football club can come along to the club’s exclusive indoor astroturf venue at the St Mirren Airdome.  The hour long sessions will consist of small sided games for young players to show off their skills.

The Junior Academy links the Community Department to the Youth Department at St Mirren Football Club, creating a pathway for young players to Pro Youth Football.

Players born in 2005 and 2006 – 11:00am-12:00pm – registration at 10:45am at the Community Office (situated in the North Stand adjacent to the St Mirren Airdome)

Players born in 2007 and 2008 – 12:00pm-1:00pm – registration at 11:45am at the Community Office (situated in the North Stand adjacent to the St Mirren Airdome)

If your son is interested in attending, please send his name, year of birth and a contact number to [email protected]

40 Part Time Clubs and

Frank McGarvey' wonky legs

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 2,739 posts

Should be mixed up till around age 11 but SMFC youth teams seem to have a win at all costs attitude to the kids football.

• Maximillion likes this

Doakes

Doakes

Reserve team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Should be mixed up till around age 11 but SMFC youth teams seem to have a win at all costs attitude to the kids football.

Main problem with Scottish football imo. Kevin Bridges actually hit the nail on the head when he talked about the mental manager standing at the side screaming abuse at the weans.

Should be all about technique, fun and learning to control the ball at that age. This "win at all costs" attitude breeds bad behaviours.

• stevie-dee, Edinbuddie, Desnold and 1 other like this
Surprise, M*therf*cker.

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,933 posts

Main problem with Scottish football imo. Kevin Bridges actually hit the nail on the head when he talked about the mental manager standing at the side screaming abuse at the weans.

Should be all about technique, fun and learning to control the ball at that age. This "win at all costs" attitude breeds bad behaviours.

Totally disagree,worse thing that's ever been done in 7 a side non competitive football that the kids now play. It's an utter nonsense,get back to 11 a side knocking f**k out each other and breed winners.
  • weetoonsaint and Isabella Duke like this

shull

shull

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 36,970 posts

Totally disagree,worse thing that's ever been done in 7 a side non competitive football that the kids now play. It's an utter nonsense,get back to 11 a side knocking f**k out each other and breed winners.

Just like Junior Football.
Cabey will agree with you.
  • weetoonsaint likes this
40 Part Time Clubs and

stevie-dee

stevie-dee

SFA Hall of Fame

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Top Man:John McGinn

arse wipe

the best wee team in paisley.

stevie-dee

stevie-dee

SFA Hall of Fame

• Special Access
  • 1,165 posts
  • Top Man:John McGinn

Yip!  There's far too much emphasis on winning instead of enjoyin guys like Stuart Dickson with experience of getting the best out of kids and making the kids enjoy their sport first and foremost.  No wonder there are so many professional sportsmen/women who can't be gracious in defeat.  I mean, they can't all suffer from the classic "single child syndrome" now can they?

are you Stuart Dickson?  

• Maximillion likes this

the best wee team in paisley.

Isabella Duke

Isabella Duke

SFA Hall of Fame

• Special Access
  • 1,100 posts

Not in my experience they don't. Quite the opposite in fact.

Better Together!

Isabella Duke

Isabella Duke

SFA Hall of Fame

• Special Access
  • 1,100 posts

Should be all about technique, fun and learning to control the ball at that age.

It is as far as St. Mirren yout development teams are concerned.

In my experience they didn't really care if they won. It was all about finding players, developing players, trying them in different positions and making sure everyone got equal game time.

And also seeing which opposition players they could spot...

Better Together!

class of 76-77

class of 76-77

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,602 posts
  • Top Man:Kenny McLean

You want 5 to 8 year old kids playing 11 a side football ? No wonder football in this country is in the current state that it's in, if people have your attitude.
  • bud72, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs, stevie-dee and 3 others like this

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,933 posts

arse wipe

Great thanks for you're intelligent input wee man.
  • weetoonsaint and Maximillion like this

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,933 posts

You want 5 to 8 year old kids playing 11 a side football ? No wonder football in this country is in the current state that it's in, if people have your attitude.

Yes I do,games that mean something too. Competitive leagues and cups I want to see tough challenges and players with fight.

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,933 posts

Just like Junior Football.
Cabey will agree with you.

He's a wee cock

JJ McG

JJ McG

St.Mirren Till I Die!!

• Special Access
  • 4,291 posts
  • Top Man:Marian Kello

Yes I do,games that mean something too. Competitive leagues and cups I want to see tough challenges and players with fight.

ffs lol.gif

• lovestreet likes this

oaksoft

oaksoft

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,414 posts

We need more guys like Stuart Dickson with experience of getting the best out of kids and making the kids enjoy their sport first and foremost

Oh FFS this is brilliant.  lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

I'm a lover not a fighter!

class of 76-77

class of 76-77

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,602 posts
  • Top Man:Kenny McLean

I understand your viewpoint but kids of 5 to 8 years should be playing non competitive 4 a side games. With the main emphasis on learning basic skills like ball control and actually enjoying the whole experience.
Not being isolated on a huge pitch playing eleven a side with a ball thats too heavy, and with so many kids on the pitch they very rarely get a touch of the ball, and spend most of the time running around in a big clutch chasing the ball.

They have years ahead of them and plenty of time to develope into competitive and hungry players .

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 2,739 posts

It is as far as St. Mirren yout development teams are concerned.

In my experience they didn't really care if they won. It was all about finding players, developing players, trying them in different positions and making sure everyone got equal game time.

And also seeing which opposition players they could spot...

Go to Ferguslie on a Saturday morning and watch the 2004s and you will see the above to be wrong. Is it right that 8 and 9 yr olds train 4 times a week and play 2 games on a Saturday and sometimes play a Sunday too?

FTOF

FTOF

Atheist extremist Natsi

• Special Access
  • 7,981 posts
  • Top Man:The Thommohawk

Oh FFS this is brilliant.  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Indeed. Cover totally blown.:lol:

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. 

Bertrand Russell

11/9/14 - The day 55% of Scotland shat it.

Doakes

Doakes

Reserve team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Such an obvious alt :lol:

Surprise, M*therf*cker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users