Welcome to virtual west bank
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

St Mirren Junior Trials

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Banana Man

Banana Man

Ball Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Which part is nonsense.
There are teams that are mixed and indeed have female players. And are until age 11. Would be interested to see how many girls are involved in actually playing games rather than training.
As to the win at all costs that is from watching games involving smfc kids teams in comparison to other teams.

Sorry, should have been clearer as I have no idea about the part with girls.

It’s the 2nd part which I find ridiculous. It couldn't be further from the truth if you're talking about the pro-youth section. St. Mirren's 'play the right way' is drilled into the boys from a young age and is given a far higher importance than winning the game.

FTOF

FTOF

Atheist extremist Natsi

• Special Access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,693 posts
  • Top Man:The Thommohawk

Sorry, should have been clearer as I have no idea about the part with girls.

It’s the 2nd part which I find ridiculous. It couldn't be further from the truth if you're talking about the pro-youth section. St. Mirren's 'play the right way' is drilled into the boys from a young age and is given a far higher importance than winning the game.

My nephew played pro-youth with Saints for 5 years. That's certainly the spirit that was being fostered on the odd occasion I attended the matches.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. 

Bertrand Russell

Hambud

Hambud

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 1,582 posts

I forgot to say good luck with it anyway.  If she wishes to attend she should be allowed.  End of.  Job done.

is she better than what we already have?

Maximillion

Maximillion

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 2,497 posts
  • Top Man:John McGinn

I don't know?  I've never seen Shull's girl play but let's give her a chance.  At least give her more than 15 minutes before we decide if she should be torn to shreds by the "Boo Boys".

leolovesstmfc

leolovesstmfc

Youth team regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Good luck shulls girl don't care boy or girl its about playing football and enjoying it.
I miss playing more than anything! Still get sad every time I pass places I used to play Ralston,seedhill,mordun,apex and many more.
I say every one who wants to take part in football should be allowed to regardless of sex. I hope there can be a womans st.mirren team she can play for in the future?.
Still think all games should be competitive as technique touch and ability are great but you also need the will to win!.

lovestreet

lovestreet

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 5,868 posts
The only reason females should get near football strips is washing them
  • amdsm likes this

Maximillion

Maximillion

Panel Pundit on SKY

• Special Access
  • 2,497 posts
  • Top Man:John McGinn

The only reason females should get near football strips is washing them

What's the rest of the sentence?! tongue.png

Stuart Dickson

Stuart Dickson

SUPPORT GRASSROOTS FOOTBALL - NOT HOT AIR FILLED VANITY BALLOONS

• Special Access
  • 7,266 posts
  • Top Man:Alex Beckett

If she's five or six years old and it's a new team being started then it should be done on a first come, first served basis. There is no need for trials at that age and there never should be.

Established practice within the SYFA for Clubmarked clubs is that they recruit players on a first come first served basis. At Wishaw Wycombe we start our waiting list a year before the team is due to be set up and we generally have to close the recruitment after a week because we have our maximum number of 25 in our squad. Any subsequent applications will be placed on a waitlist and they will either be contacted if a place opens back up because the child has changed their mind or whatever - or if we get to 50 we may run a second group at that age level if we can get sufficient coaches to volunteer. 

No club should be releasing players at the age of 5 or 6 because someone who is "better" has been found. Neither should a club be bringing in kids only to tell them at the age of 5 or 6 that they aren't good enough for their squad. That's an utter nonsense. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson, 15 October 2013 - 15:07.

• shull, windae cleaner, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs and 3 others like this

Lochwinnoch Saint - "Stuart I firmly believe nuclear subs will be removed from Scotland's soil just as the pound will stay as its in everyone's interest. Book mark it and I can have a wee laugh at you during the 18 month negotiations. Also how can I possibly take you seriously when the Tory party dismantled our industrial industry." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users