Glasgow West End

cuntface

Met my mate in Inn Deep on GWR (formerly The Big Blue) for lunch and many beers on Wednesday. Eventually ended up, via several pubs, in The Hill, steaming and a taxi home for 8.00.

Had a cracking day with no pond life in sight.thumbup2.gif

Didn't see Bradley Wiggins either. Mind you I wasn't in any bike shops.

I did hear a Paul Weller song. Does that count?

Edited by FTOF

Met a mate in the Lismore on Thursday, then onto Tennants to meet another couple of mates. Back to Lismore later on, well oiled. No hassle, no lycra-clad warriors or mods, and no cuntface in sight.

All good (though felt brutal on Friday).

Edited by Drew

Met a mate in the Lismore on Thursday, then onto Tennants to meet another couple of mates. Back to Lismore later on, well oiled. No hassle, no lycra-clad warriors or mods, and no cuntface in sight.

All good (though felt brutal on Friday).

Tennants was one of the pubs I visited on Wednesday.

Quite often start in the Lismore, then on to the Three Judges. There are a few decent pubs along Dumbarton Road/Argyle St now, so going along that way is an option nowadays.

Don't really rate the City Centre other than the Merchant City area which has some great pubs, like Blackfriars and Bar 91.

Going to Edinburgh for a couple of days next week, so will have to seek out some suitable watering holes.

Quite often start in the Lismore, then on to the Three Judges. There are a few decent pubs along Dumbarton Road/Argyle St now, so going along that way is an option nowadays.

I like the Scottish boozers along along here, the Park Bar has a great atmosphere. Nice people, a lot of western isles people drink in here. Edited by davidg

Tennants was one of the pubs I visited on Wednesday.

Don't really rate the City Centre other than the Merchant City area which has some great pubs, like Blackfriars and Bar 91.

Going to Edinburgh for a couple of days next week, so will have to seek out some suitable watering holes.

The Rose And Crown on Rose Street has good live music most nights lots of good pubs in Edinburgh. Be careful using the cashline machines myself and wife used separate cash points where our card had been copied resulting in our cards being canceled which is a pain. Was told Edinburgh is rife with this problem at the moment.

I like the Scottish boozers along along here, the Park Bar has a great atmosphere. Nice people, a lot of western isles people drink in here.

Off topic but does anyone remember the Park Bar in Paisley? [next to the entry gates of Feegie park].

Was in there one night when I was about 18 and this bloke came in with a sawn off shotgun, unloaded on this bloke who was sat at the bar and casually walked out without saying a word, suffice to say chocolate buttons were coming out of my cake hole as I hid under the pool table.

They never called it the Wild West in those days for nothing.

Off topic but does anyone remember the Park Bar in Paisley? [next to the entry gates of Feegie park].

Was in there one night when I was about 18 and this bloke came in with a sawn off shotgun, unloaded on this bloke who was sat at the bar and casually walked out without saying a word, suffice to say chocolate buttons were coming out of my cake hole as I hid under the pool table.

They never called it the Wild West in those days for nothing.

Aye ! Knew the perpetrator and the Victim, Also the Guy who got it outside ? The owner at that time was convicted of Firearms offences not so long ago ? whistling.gif