Spfl Player Of The Year.

Buffs

Fair do's Boyd has scored a decent amount of goals for Killie this year, but would a Championship (of the English variety rather than the Sevco variety) club be interested in signing him? Questionable! EPL clubs and foreign clubs have been checking out some of Dundee United youngsters who have had better season's than Boyd... I know DUFC have plenty of players nominated in the young player category but it still seems crazy that you have most of the 'best player' nominations from Celtic in 1st place then ignore all the players in clubs placed from 2nd to 7th and pick an ex-Rangers player for a team sitting 8th as the only other candidate.

Fair do's Boyd has scored a decent amount of goals for Killie this year, but would a Championship (of the English variety rather than the Sevco variety) club be interested in signing him? Questionable! EPL clubs and foreign clubs have been checking out some of Dundee United youngsters who have had better season's than Boyd... I know DUFC have plenty of players nominated in the young player category but it still seems crazy that you have most of the 'best player' nominations from Celtic in 1st place then ignore all the players in clubs placed from 2nd to 7th and pick an ex-Rangers player for a team sitting 8th as the only other candidate.

So the Player of the season award should be based around other clubs being interested in the candidates ?

Kris Boyd has basically single handidly kept Kilmarnock up (so far) and is joint second top scorer in the league. He deserves to be there, no doubt.

Additionally, the candidates are voted for by their fellow professionals.

So the Player of the season award should be based around other clubs being interested in the candidates ?

Kris Boyd has basically single handidly kept Kilmarnock up (so far) and is joint second top scorer in the league. He deserves to be there, no doubt.

Additionally, the candidates are voted for by their fellow professionals.

Did I say the only criteria for judging the candidates was whether other clubs were interested? Nope! John Sutton has scored the same number of goals as Boyd and plays the same position and isn't nominated. Billy McKay and Stevie May have scored 1 goal less and aren't nominated in the best player category.

Some people here said Lee Mair was single handedly going to keep Partick Thistle up... I don't see Mairzo nominated!

If the criteria for nominations is going to be based on effective players helping useless teams avoid the play-off spot maybe they should cancel the votes until we see who finishes 11th?

Boyd could easily finish up the 5th highest scorer in the SPL this season if Sutton, McKay and May score a few goals in the last 5 games and Killie are sitting only 3 points ahead of Partick Thistle and could easily still finish 11th.

Body's contribution for Killie has been amazing... But undeniably if he had previously played for other than the dead club, he widnae be quoted.

Body's contribution for Killie has been amazing... But undeniably if he had previously played for other than the dead club, he widnae be quoted.

Any more than Tommos?????

Some people here said Lee Mair was single handedly going to keep Partick Thistle up... I don't see Mairzo nominated!

Overegging the pudding, Lee Mair remains what he has been for the bulk of his career - a bottom six plaer. The transfer improved Thistle's first team while weakening our squad.

It was a mistake to transfer him to one of our rivals, doubl so to subsidize it and a further mistake in not being able to sign an adequate replacement.

If the criteria for nominations is going to be based on effective players helping useless teams avoid the play-off spot maybe they should cancel the votes until we see who finishes 11th?

Boyd could easily finish up the 5th highest scorer in the SPL this season if Sutton, McKay and May score a few goals in the last 5 games and Killie are sitting only 3 points ahead of Partick Thistle and could easily still finish 11th.

...........or he could run riot against the other bottom six teams & finish top scorer in a side finishing seventh - who knows? All we know is that his nomination was due to the opinions of the plaers eligible to vote. We know the top four, who knows what other plaers came close to the short list, it doesn't seem controversial to me.

Overegging the pudding, Lee Mair remains what he has been for the bulk of his career - a bottom six plaer. The transfer improved Thistle's first team while weakening our squad.

It was a mistake to transfer him to one of our rivals, doubl so to subsidize it and a further mistake in not being able to sign an adequate replacement.

...........or he could run riot against the other bottom six teams & finish top scorer in a side finishing seventh - who knows? All we know is that his nomination was due to the opinions of the plaers eligible to vote. We know the top four, who knows what other plaers came close to the short list, it doesn't seem controversial to me.

I wouldn't have a problem in seeing Boyd (or, as bluto likes to say, Body) listed among the top dozen SPL players this season, but top 4 seems questionable! I suppose it is all about opinions.

Don't worry BtB I wasn't seriously suggesting Lee Mair for a nomination. Looks like he could be one of Thistle's last remaining fit defenders for the run in.

I'm shocked that Bluto has yet to correct his earlier spelling mistake.

Pretty sure it was a deliberate error to see if anyone is paying attention. I was learned by the same English teachers as Bluto and we never make spelling or gramatical erors.

Boyd's probably disappointed there isn't a 'biggest arse in a pair of football shorts worn by a bald headed has been' award, or he'd clean up.

This reminds me of the joke.

Wife is changing for a night out in the bathroom.

Says to husband "Does my arse look big in this?"

Reply, "To be honest dear, it is a small bathroom"

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Couldnae make it up. bye1.gif

PS Currently on 19 goals, wish we could get e few more "has beens" like him for next season.

One of the laziest strikers I've ever seen. He should've had a far more successful career than he's had, and should still be playing at the top level. But he never has. His 'pinnacle' was playing in a 2 team league and doing well. What was his record in England? Shite. His record for any team outside of Kilmarnock or Rangers? Shite.

One of the laziest strikers I've ever seen. He should've had a far more successful career than he's had, and should still be playing at the top level. But he never has. His 'pinnacle' was playing in a 2 team league and doing well. What was his record in England? Shite. His record for any team outside of Kilmarnock or Rangers? Shite.

What does that make Stevie Thompson? 1eye.gif

You don't have to run about to be a great striker.

He's THE top scorer in the SPL, and there have been a few decent players in that league.

I'm not saying he's Ronaldo but to say a "has been"? lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint