R.i.p Sandy Jardine

stevenw05

We chatted at HT in Cordoba 1978. He was there, but not fit to play... which was a shame as he was great player for Scotland.

Also a shame that he endorsed the mob mentality of Super Salary with his talk of "not forgetting the sly kicks when Rangers were down" and nursing ideas of revenge and resentment.

Edited by bluto

RIP - Great player, no doubt about it. Lost all respect for him when he spearheaded those mob marches to Hampden and stood on the steps of Hampden conducting a baying crowd. He was definitely a chief rabble-rouser and was up there with Super Ally and his 'who are these people' nonsense.

I'm not going to be hypocritical, I thought he acted really badly during that episode. Still, he was a quality player, and like a John Grieg type, was a hero to fans of that deceased club.

Sad to hear of his passing at what is these days, still a relatively young age. RIP indeed.

My view of him mellowed a bit after those Radio Scotland interviews if I'm honest. I didn't agree with a single word he said but he came across as fiercely passionate. Truth be told I hated Jardine as a player both at Rangers and Hearts. I've no idea why and in itself it's probably a marker of how good a player he was in his day. Sad that he's gone too early

Lost all respect for him when he spearheaded those mob marches to Hampden and stood on the steps of Hampden conducting a baying crowd. He was definitely a chief rabble-rouser and was up there with Super Ally and his 'who are these people' nonsense.

On the flip side, it was Jardine's actions, along with Fat Salary, that ensured that fans of the other clubs put enough pressure on their boards to put Sevco in the Third Division.

Without Sandy Jardine's rabble rousing, the new club may well have gone straight into the SPL.