John Mcginn

Newcastle are preparing a bid for John McGinn with Newcastle loaning john back to St Mirren for this season. There was two representatives from them tonight upto discuss this with gilmour. This is from a very good source who heard it from the middle man Spencer Downey tonight in the boardroom. This might be a good deal for both clubs if it happens.

He didn't play well last night same as Kenny and when they don't turn up unfortunately St Mirren don't turn up. I thought he was a bit greedy on the ball, at one point he beat couple players but instead of trying a simple pass he took on the third and lost the ball. Caught in possession a few times before that but to be fair to him he wasn't getting the service and every time he got the ball Hamilton had two guys on him straight away. Was it him that burst into the box when we were 2 down then squared the ball back only for it to be blasted over instead of shooting himself? My eyesight is horrific.

He didn't play well last night same as Kenny and when they don't turn up unfortunately St Mirren don't turn up. I thought he was a bit greedy on the ball, at one point he beat couple players but instead of trying a simple pass he took on the third and lost the ball. Caught in possession a few times before that but to be fair to him he wasn't getting the service and every time he got the ball Hamilton had two guys on him straight away. Was it him that burst into the box when we were 2 down then squared the ball back only for it to be blasted over instead of shooting himself? My eyesight is horrific.

Yes it was McGinn for Reilly I believe.

Last season I thought McGinn was coming onto a good game and rated him. Lately though, he appears to be a little too aggressive and has committed a lot of fouls. He is a bit slow so often has to lunge in when overrunning the ball. Still think he could be a good player but needs to smarten himself up and cut out the dirty stuff.

Last season I thought McGinn was coming onto a good game and rated him. Lately though, he appears to be a little too aggressive and has committed a lot of fouls. He is a bit slow so often has to lunge in when overrunning the ball. Still think he could be a good player but needs to smarten himself up and cut out the dirty stuff.

Dear oh dear....too obviously controversial to be taken seriously.

Newcastle are preparing a bid for John McGinn with Newcastle loaning john back to St Mirren for this season. There was two representatives from them tonight upto discuss this with gilmour. This is from a very good source who heard it from the middle man Spencer Downey tonight in the boardroom. This might be a good deal for both clubs if it happens.

Think Newcastle might appeal to him and glad to know there is more than one Buddie in Rutherglen

I'd focus more attention to a bad team performance. McGinn had a few touches of magic even last night. As said above it's difficult to be a world beater when the rest of the team aren't playing...

I accept there were a few mistakes but it speaks volumes for him if he has set the bar so high that that was his worst ever performance.

To be completely honest I've been extremely surprised that he has flown under the radar for so long when other clubs' young talent is lauded in the media endlessly.

He is a fantastic footballer. I hope we keep him for as long as possible, but Scotland call ups and beyond are definitely within his reach if he makes the right move and kicks on even further.