51% Group Is Killing Our Club

ever since this group was put together the club is being run like a dictatorship, cut cut cut i would like to see when accounts come out if team budget cut ,again and if revenue from club has increased from other sources ,this was the reason for new stadium new revenue streams to help the team .no one from boardroom is ever SACKED ,Iis it not them who appointed the safe hands off T. C you only have too look at his manager record o that right its crap so what did the expect ,

they are still living off ,we saved the club,

Sorry to say you are now doing a crap job,

you were quick to take praise when we won the cup ,

now you must take the flack.........

get it sorted ,we are not Happy ,

clubs like leeds, ross co .can admit they make mistakes ,its early in the season ,

TWO MORE GAMES THEN OUT .

Thing is, despite my frustration and open criticism at such simple stuff as my signature text and some other stuff I mentioned yesterday and don't need to repeat again.... Killing the club? They can't stand accused of that. They need to get out of dodge and sell to decent new owners with ideas, drive, and the ability to sort out simple stuff that doesn't cost a lot of money, and supporters are willing to take on for free anyway, but they cannot stand accused of murder.

Rangers, Gretna, Livvy, Dunfermline, Hearts... even Petrie fcuking up a Hibernian side who languish in third bottom of fizzy pop-land.... THEY can be accused of killing clubs. Big time.

However, to my eyes, the tank of goodwill that deservedly came from saving the club all those years ago seems a bottomless one, and criticising the saviours of the club is, again to my eyes, like kicking a puppy.

Time to go, or pick up the baton that has been dropped so publicly, but killing us? No way. They have stuck with it when others would surely have rode out of town, after selling to any old spiv who showed up.

Utter drivel to say there are killing the club.

The club operates on a budget, that budget I would imagine is then handled by Brian Caldwell and Tommy Craig, if they screw up the management of that it is them who should go.

What we obviously do need is for one, JUST ONE, of the board to take a bit more interest and hands on approach and bring a better culture of accountability in to the club.

We do not currently operate well commercially (as compared to a St Johnstone), in the transfer market (as compared to an Inverness) or on the pitch (as compare to anyone from Arthurlie to even Man Utd)....changes should be made to resolve this asap, to hopefully stay up this season and start building for next season.

If the board will just put the proper people in charge the club should run itself!

the reason is said they are killing the club is the other 49% of shareholders have no say in whats being done .or who they appoint as manager as they run the club so they must take ALL the blame when things go bad were is gilmore now not heard from him .but you cant get him off media when things are going well .

they must accept that its there job to bring the money in to boost the team wage budget.if not the question should be why not they are meant to be business men .if it keeps getting cut .we will be left with what you see now .

other clubs are run far better okay some have sugar daddies. come on we still pay £20 a game .

i we got a screen big deal , sorry not good enough ,no ideas to boost cash into club .

hired a manager whos only good enough to be a coach ? if that .

they just want there bag off silver ,sorry they are not planning for future just year to year they want out .

but no one is going to pay what they want ,debt free club new stadium and still no takers,

the club is slowy die .you must see that death by a thousand cuts

they are killing ..........

the reason is said they are killing the club is the other 49% of shareholders have no say in whats being done .or who they appoint as manager as they run the club so they must take ALL the blame when things go bad were is gilmore now not heard from him .but you cant get him off media when things are going well .

they must accept that its there job to bring the money in to boost the team wage budget.if not the question should be why not they are meant to be business men .if it keeps getting cut .we will be left with what you see now .

other clubs are run far better okay some have sugar daddies. come on we still pay £20 a game .

i we got a screen big deal , sorry not good enough ,no ideas to boost cash into club .

hired a manager whos only good enough to be a coach ? if that .

they just want there bag off silver ,sorry they are not planning for future just year to year they want out .

but no one is going to pay what they want ,debt free club new stadium and still no takers,

the club is slowy die .you must see that death by a thousand cuts

they are killing ..........

Shite from beginning to end.

Not really ! If what he's trying to say is that the BOD don't give a collective f**k anymore then no-one can argue!

It's more complicated than that for me.

I believe that they do have the interests of the club at heart, in that they make sure we survive by breaking even every season. For a club our size that is crucial to our survival.

They also, it would appear, to have been trying to get a reputable buyer for the club, which is commendable, and given some of the names I've heard being bandied about, I'm very thankful for their efforts.

However, they did have a chance to get themselves some recompense for their efforts and relieve themselves of their duties when the CiC was an option. It wasn't perfect, but it gave the chance for fan involvement and it would have taken the club in a different direction. Whether that would have been up or down is something we'll never know.

Their biggest mistake recently, in hindsight, was appointing Craig. I was willing to give him a chance, but it's now pretty obvious that he's an older version of Lennon, particularly when it comes to recognising our weaknesses and with respect to tactics.

I have no idea if there are currently efforts to sell the club going on, but we've painted ourselves into a corner with respect to the manager.

Do the BOD allow Craig to sign a couple of players before Tuesday in the hope that this option might improve matters or do they stick with what we've got and give Craig until the Killie game and get rid of him if we lose. Then any new manager is stuck with the current group of players.

Although Craig seems to think our current player complement is fine, when there is at least one position desperately requiring attention.

Anyway, I'm not against the current BOD trying to get their money back for the years of effort that they've put into keeping the club afloat, but some people, rightly or wrongly, see this as them being greedy and I can understand why there is growing resentment for them hanging around for so long.

I actually believe we'd be a good investment for someone wanting to develop a club in a sensible, measured manner, but maybe that's just my B&W tinted specs coming into play.

Edited by FTOF

It's more complicated than that for me.

I believe that they do have the interests of the club at heart, in that they make sure we survive by breaking even every season. For a club our size that is crucial to our survival.

They also, it would appear, to have been trying to get a reputable buyer for the club, which is commendable, and given some of the names I've heard being bandied about, I'm very thankful for their efforts.

However, they did have a chance to get themselves some recompense for their efforts and relieve themselves of their duties when the CiC was an option. It wasn't perfect, but it gave the chance for fan involvement and it would have taken the club in a different direction. Whether that would have been up or down is something we'll never know.

Their biggest mistake recently, in hindsight, was appointing Craig. I was willing to give him a chance, but it's now pretty obvious that he's an older version of Lennon, when it comes to recognising our weaknesses and with respect to tactics.

I have no idea if there are currently efforts to sell the club going on, but we've painted ourselves into a corner with respect to the manager.

Do the BOD allow Craig to sign a couple of players before Tuesday in the hope that this option might improve matters or do they stick with what we've got and give Craig until the Killie game and get rid of him if we lose.

Although Craig seems to think our current player complement is fine, when there is at least one position desperately requiring attention.

Anyway, I'm not against the current BOD trying to get their money back for the years of effort that they've put into keeping the club afloat, but some people, rightly or wrongly, see this as them being greedy and I can understand why there is growing resentment for them hanging around for so long.

I actually believe we'd be a good investment for someone wanting to develop a club in a sensible, measured manner, but maybe that's just my B&W tinted specs coming into play.

It would also be interesting to know the whole story behind the Gordon Scott bids that were knocked back. Something tells me that Gordon would have been a breath of fresh air had he been afforded the opportunity to take the reins.

As I have said before numerous times the board have continually knocked back investment from the 49 per cent shareholders to buy new shares meaning the money would go into the club, not into their pockets, so we could afford some decent players.

I have nothing but admiration for the job Brian Caldwell is doing to cut costs and get extra income in, but he does not need to if the board would put up new shares for sale

ever since this group was put together the club is being run like a dictatorship, cut cut cut i would like to see when accounts come out if team budget cut ,again and if revenue from club has increased from other sources ,this was the reason for new stadium new revenue streams to help the team .no one from boardroom is ever SACKED ,Iis it not them who appointed the safe hands off T. C you only have too look at his manager record o that right its crap so what did the expect ,

they are still living off ,we saved the club,

Sorry to say you are now doing a crap job,

you were quick to take praise when we won the cup ,

now you must take the flack.........

get it sorted ,we are not Happy ,

clubs like leeds, ross co .can admit they make mistakes ,its early in the season ,

TWO MORE GAMES THEN OUT .

you certainly picked the right moniker. the club is not dying, and is not being killed. it is going through an adjustment and may have to drop down a division as a consequence. but the club will still be alive (as alive as it is possible for a non physical entityto be)

Tommy craig needs to be moved on and we need new guidance at the top, but let's not get hysterical.

I see that Hamilton have a guy called Tena "mopping up" at the back. we could do with a few Tenas to soak up all the knickerwetting that is going on

We do not currently operate well commercially (as compared to a St Johnstone), in the transfer market (as compared to an Inverness) or on the pitch (as compare to anyone from Arthurlie to even Man Utd)....changes should be made to resolve this asap, to hopefully stay up this season and start building for next season.

If the board will just put the proper people in charge the club should run itself!

This. Also, in running a tight ship, we tend to spunk a hell of a lot of money on failed signings - this looks to have extended to all levels of the club.

Clean out required to bring us up to scratch.

As I have said before numerous times the board have continually knocked back investment from the 49 per cent shareholders to buy new shares meaning the money would go into the club, not into their pockets, so we could afford some decent players.

The reason the 51% have so many shares is because they underwrote 2 shares that the supporters more or less ignored.

If the supporters had backed these share issues then the 51% wouldn't be in the majority in the first place.

The reason the 51% have so many shares is because they underwrote 2 shares that the supporters more or less ignored.

If the supporters had backed these share issues then the 51% wouldn't be in the majority in the first place.

sorry i was prepared at the time to buy 2k worth off shares but all of a sudden they were bought by the board.

and offer was not there so come on ,i know at the time of a few supports like my self who were prepared to buy

i would loved to have had shares in the club

SMISA are in the process of acquiring more shares in St Mirren Football Club but we represent only a small number of supporters but still manage to have some clout. What a difference a few hundred more supporters joining would make to the hard working committee. Instead of a few dullards coming on to forums and mumping their gums and getting nothing in return, they could be part of a collective body who are making some inroads to having a say in what happens at St Mirren. So get along to St Mirren Park on the 4th of September and speak to some of the committee about what SMISA are all about.

jim c

And what is the something that tells you?

I suspect its just the voices in your head! lol.gif:

I've met Gordon a few times, and know others that have spent some time in his company. It's all speculation and whatiffery, of course, but not entirely errant shite, unlike 99% of your slabberingswink.png

I've seen some shite on this forum before, but that....

The club is for sale. If you think you could do a better job, raise the funds and buy it.

Until that happens, SGG and his board will remain in situ.

The day to day running of the club is done by Brian Caldwell anyway, and he's very well thought of by those within the game.

Any one of then can resign from The Board if that is their desire..Consequently retaining his/her shareholding and remain part of The Syndicate.

What we urgently require is a freshness on The Board in my opinion.

thats what has happened,

My numbers may not be 100% correct but the principle currently is that the consortium is made up of something like five people, only three of whom are on the board, or rather ARE the board

There are other large shareholders who have more shares than two of the consortium, but the 52% ensures that no one else is invited onto the board

surely because the consortium are trying to sell their 52% shouldn't prevent them from having others on the board and making a contribution to the club practically or otherwise. In my opinion this is where the club is really falling down as it's not just about having the controlling interest it's the fact it's their ball and no one else is getting to play

To the detriment of your club

isnt it all a bit unusual that some of those large shareholders were 'removed' from the board by means of the 52 % over ruling them !

leaving five people with just the exact amount of shares to have the controlling interest but not so many shares (or people involved) that it would increase the cost for anyone wanting to buy the club

for example if the consortium were to be made up of the three board members and two other larger shareholders it would mean they would be trying to sell for example 65% which would obviously cost more than the 52%

The day to day running of the club is done by Brian Caldwell anyway, and he's very well thought of by those within the game.

I've never understood why developments have been so sluggish from the Boardroom when we have a General Manager - it's almost two years since the BoD said they were going to develop The Void area in the wake of the CiC bid failing yet nothing substantial has happened.

thats what has happened,

My numbers may not be 100% correct but the principle currently is that the consortium is made up of something like five people, only three of whom are on the board, or rather ARE the board

There are other large shareholders who have more shares than two of the consortium, but the 52% ensures that no one else is invited onto the board

surely because the consortium are trying to sell their 52% shouldn't prevent them from having others on the board and making a contribution to the club practically or otherwise. In my opinion this is where the club is really falling down as it's not just about having the controlling interest it's the fact it's their ball and no one else is getting to play

To the detriment of your club

isnt it all a bit unusual that some of those large shareholders were 'removed' from the board by means of the 52 % over ruling them !

leaving five people with just the exact amount of shares to have the controlling interest but not so many shares (or people involved) that it would increase the cost for anyone wanting to buy the club

for example if the consortium were to be made up of the three board members and two other larger shareholders it would mean they would be trying to sell for example 65% which would obviously cost more than the 52%

It's coming up for 5 years since the news of the Consortium broke and they haven't been able to complete a satisfactory deal yet, I feel that the current state of affairs is detrimental to the club and the remaining shareholders.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think the fact is that the consortium are going to eventually just have to take a punt with the sale of the club.

They have knocked back a few offers because there was reasonable doubt about the intentions of the buyers, and I believe it's also true that a couple of bids have got pretty far as well before collapsing for one reason or another.

Obviously 10000hours was one of those.

Eventually something HAS to happen.

I think we can more or less rule Gordon out of another bid, as he has invested his money elsewhere now, whilst I think it will be difficult to see a fans led bid getting much traction again after all the pain and false starts of 10000hours.

If there was another fan or group of fans with the necessary money I reckon they would have come forward by now.

That just leaves a third party coming in and we take our chances they turn out to be good guys.