Friday Football @ Firhill -.19Th September

NeilPar72

If we lose this game we will be 10 points behind Thistle, at least 10 behind Killie and Dundee, and at least 13 behind Hamilton, these are the teams we will be challenging to beat the drop. This is now, so early in the season a must win game!

Got to say though I reckon they will pump us by quite a few!

If we lose this game we will be 10 points behind Thistle, at least 10 behind Killie and Dundee, and at least 13 behind Hamilton, these are the teams we will be challenging to beat the drop. This is now, so early in the season a must win game!

Totally agree. Anything less than 3 points and we are done for this season.

Totally agree. Anything less than 3 points and we are done for this season.

Got to agree with you both.

Must win but I cant see it happening.

Going to go to the game but wonder why I bother sometimes.

I've got absolutely no confidence in the team or management team and can't see anything other that a Thistle win. As mentioned on another thread I can here the chant already in Friday night "Tommy get to f**k" just like the game when Coughlin was in charge.

I would hope that the crowd will be closer to 4000 with the buddies bringing 700.

We've started the season quite slowly and are more deliberate in our passing. It always seems to be a ball to feet instead of into space for the attacker to run on to.

Where we have vastly improved is our ability to slow the game down. We have always been very naive when it comes to breaking up the flow of the game with "injuries" and wee fouls. I've noticed this season our physio's magic spray works wonders. Guys who've been down for ages are able to get back up and run around as if they've been touched by some American evangelist!

One bit of advice I'd give Tommy is, don't go out with the tactic of taking turns kicking the shit out of Higginbotham. Caly tried that and he just laughed and tore them apart.

I would hope that the crowd will be closer to 4000 with the buddies bringing 700.

We've started the season quite slowly and are more deliberate in our passing. It always seems to be a ball to feet instead of into space for the attacker to run on to.

Where we have vastly improved is our ability to slow the game down. We have always been very naive when it comes to breaking up the flow of the game with "injuries" and wee fouls. I've noticed this season our physio's magic spray works wonders. Guys who've been down for ages are able to get back up and run around as if they've been touched by some American evangelist!

One bit of advice I'd give Tommy is, don't go out with the tactic of taking turns kicking the shit out of Higginbotham. Caly tried that and he just laughed and tore them apart.

Tommy doesn't need advice , apparently its all going well , he's sticking with the 'plan' and no need to change anything :P

Cannot see us taking 700 Davie. Poorest away support at Killie in quite a while and I for one do not intend to repeat the experience by going to Firhiil, a venue I enjoy going to visit. What was most disappointing at Killie (besides the formation and tactics :) ) was the attitude of some of the players Many had no fight and were unwilling to take responsibility. Maybe too many young players out there but their bottle had gone and without some characters in the team I do not see us even competing.

Like some sort of masochist, im driving up for this before driving back down the road Saturday to watch the equally dire toon v hull. What have I done to deserve this? Guess things can only get better, can't they? Maybe I'll get lucky and see saints/toon wins. Think I've more chance of winning the lottery.

Edited by john scott

It's still a bit early for that surely?!

No so sure buddy, although accies and Dundee have picked up 13 points, if ant see them maintain that form. That's a mountain for us and Aberdeen, Utd and Motherwell all got better squads too.

So really, it does look like a play off place at best.

But you may be right, a lot can happen.

Have you got your head in the clouds?

We took quite a while to win our first game last season if I remember correctly? Granted we scored more goals during that spell last season. Once all the teams have played each other and Celtic gets into gear under their new management team with new players then we'll all be in a better chance to assess where we all are. That's just my thoughts. I'm not backing or slagging Tommy Craig or anyone else on the management/training team.