Secret Buyers/new Owners - Threads Merged

waldorf34

This is happening now , so why the secrecy , who are the buyers and why would anyone spend 2 million quid to buy us ?

If something seems to good to be true, it usually is!

The scenario we are seeing has been played out numerous times in takeovers down south and has led to disaster for many clubs , what occurs is

1) the secret buying of shares by some unknown or traceable finance / holding company or hedge fund

2) once 75percent is achieved ,the club's articles are changed and the money borrowed to buy the club is added to the club's debt.Remember SG only wanted proof of funds,nothing else.

3) Assets are sold and leased back to the club.

4) The club are charged for advisory or management services

5) Debts pile up,they have their money back,they have the assets,they walk away.

If you have to sell shares sell them to SMISA now !

This is happening now , so why the secrecy , who are the buyers and why would anyone spend 2 million quid to buy us ?

The scenario we are seeing has been played out numerous times in takeovers down south and has led to disaster for many clubs , what occurs is

1) the secret buying of shares by some unknown or traceable finance / holding company or hedge fund

2) once 75percent is achieved ,the club's articles are changed and the money borrowed to buy the club is added to the club's debt.Remember SG only wanted proof of funds,nothing else.

5) Debts pile up,they have their money back,they have the assets,they walk away.

Where have you found out about the buying of shares? Just interested to see what's been purchased.

Have been saying the same thing for months on the other thread. In today's climate you don't buy a club and forget about the money paid. You get the business to pay you back plus the rest. Have foreseen very grim and difficult day's ahead.

Only when this takeover happens will everyone realize just how good we had it under the current board. should the new owners go on a spending spree for the team this will come back to haunt us big time. 75% control of the club , guys you should all be worried.

Hope I'm wrong with the above as Stuart Gilmour has said in the past offers were nocked back because buyers were unsuitable. However 75% shareholding should have us all worried. My money is a group led by Methven to purchase the club.

is this more speculation or fact

As Billy wrote above it's been 'common knowledge' shares have been getting bought up.

It's also been 'common knowledge' that Methven and his group want 75% shareholding

The current board have 52% shareholding I understand so if shares are being bought up it must be to reach the 75% or thereabouts.

When you put all that together 2 + 2 then we come up with 13 ( if you catch my drift )

As Billy wrote above it's been 'common knowledge' shares have been getting bought up.

It's also been 'common knowledge' that Methven and his group want 75% shareholding

The current board have 52% shareholding I understand so if shares are being bought up it must be to reach the 75% or thereabouts.

When you put all that together 2 + 2 then we come up with 13 ( if you catch my drift )

Any group other than a Fan Owned one would be daft IMHO to buy less than 75% of the shares.

It is only by controlling 75% of the equity that you have the automatic right to move assets contracts and payments around which is the most obvious way for any "investors" to get their return.

Only in the case of someone buying the Club to not get a return or the Fans collectively buying would less than 75% make sense.

Indeed this was advice given to the 10000hours team during our go at it

Richard why did you never state at any of the AGM's the situation of 75% shareholding.I have always held the opinion that any purchaser(s) would require min 75%.

To be fair, he did mention it at a few meetings. The first meeting was hijacked a bit, so there's a potential for people perhaps having left that meeting just wondering what the lassie at the front was battering on about.

Richard why did you never state at any of the AGM's the situation of 75% shareholding.I have always held the opinion that any purchaser(s) would require min 75%.

I did say it, several times.

Also after the 1st attempt at the purchase i stated the legal advice at one of the public forums we had.

I think there was even a slide on one of the power points about it

Edited by rea