Speechless!

pozbaird

Count me out. Lycra clad fannies! Cue a baldy veggie fae' Bonhill.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/30422698

Speechless? You?

That'll be a first!laugh.png

You shouldn't be surprised by this. That my chosen leisure pursuit is more cool than yours must surely be a given.

Have to say, though, that I've been off the bike for a while on account of damaged shoulder tendons, but hope to get back into it next year. Meanwhile, I'm still shite at gowf, you'll be shocked to learn.

ETA: Oh, and please count yourself out, FFS! The thought of you in lycra *shudders*rip.gif

Edited by Drew

It's down to money. Golf can be expensive (although it depends where you are) with £20 a round or £500+ memberships at the cheaper end of the scales plus equipment. Equally many clubs treat young members like the plague.

Cycling is free to do once you have the bike.

More chance of sustaining serious injury while cycling..... unless Drew is teeing off near you. thumbup2.gif

Count me out. Lycra clad fannies! Cue a baldy veggie fae' Bonhill.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/30422698

Apparently cycling is becoming the new golf when it comes to male bonding.

How the f**k do you bond with a guy who is hareing away from you at 20mph and all you can see is his sweaty lycra clad arse???

Personally if I had spent 3 hours gazing at some guys arse I certainly wouldn't then want to be talking with him for another 2.

Golf anc cycling have one thing in common.

Guys dressing and acting like twats just to play a daft game.

Imagine insisting on someone wearing a shirt with a collar before he can hit a ball around a field with a stick. lol.gif

Edited by oaksoft

Enjoying the crack on this so far small thread. Even Oaky was a bit humorous. Allegedly. But talking about golf, how on earth did Lewis Hamilton get the BBC Sports Personality award and not Rory McIlroy. I love F1 and Lewis has done brilliantly backed by the mega millions Mercedes throws at the sport. Rory wins two majors in one year and is golf's No.1. It just doesn't seem right but possibly it just indicates that the BEEB's event has had its day.

I'll probably get accused of bias because Rory is from just up the road from me but I just can't figure it. Apologies if this is on another thread but I haven't seen anything. The reports of golf's death are a bit premature as somebody somewhere must have said sometime.

Someone help me please. I'm having trouble deciding which one is the fanny out of these two delicious individuals:-

Mmmmm which one of the scrumptious specimens of manhood would I most prefer my daughter to come to me and announce as the man she is currently allowing to snuffle in her truffles.

disfraz-de-jugador-de-golf-tradicional.j419776838_0156160682.jpg

Edited by oaksoft

Enjoying the crack on this so far small thread. Even Oaky was a bit humorous. Allegedly. But talking about golf, how on earth did Lewis Hamilton get the BBC Sports Personality award and not Rory McIlroy. I love F1 and Lewis has done brilliantly backed by the mega millions Mercedes throws at the sport. Rory wins two majors in one year and is golf's No.1. It just doesn't seem right but possibly it just indicates that the BEEB's event has had its day.

I'll probably get accused of bias because Rory is from just up the road from me but I just can't figure it. Apologies if this is on another thread but I haven't seen anything. The reports of golf's death are a bit premature as somebody somewhere must have said sometime.

Public vote, Rick. Young Rory might have had a stellar season, but he did go down in the public's estimation for a few reasons, such as the 'wedding's off' texts and his legal wrangles to get even more cash. Add to that his decision to opt for RoI in the next Olympics (if golf is accepted as a sport) and you can see why folks might not have been enamoured of him.

The whole thing is a farce, anyway. They need to drop the 'personality' bit from the title if nothing else.

Public vote, Rick. Young Rory might have had a stellar season, but he did go down in the public's estimation for a few reasons, such as the 'wedding's off' texts and his legal wrangles to get even more cash. Add to that his decision to opt for RoI in the next Olympics (if golf is accepted as a sport) and you can see why folks might not have been enamoured of him.

The whole thing is a farce, anyway. They need to drop the 'personality' bit from the title if nothing else.

I agree with everything you said and I feel it only confirms my stance. It should be judged purely on the level of sporting achievement. To me his extra-sport activity is irrelevant unless it was illegal or really distasteful. Did Lewis never have off-circuit problems or legal wrangles? Off course he did. I certainly agree it's a bit of a farce now. Up until maybe twenty years ago I wouldn't have missed it but now I barely pay attention apart from looking for the result.

Someone help me please. I'm having trouble deciding which one is the fanny out of these two delicious individuals:-

Mmmmm which one of the scrumptious specimens of manhood would I most prefer my daughter to come to me and announce as the man she is currently allowing to snuffle in her truffles.

419776838_0156160682.jpg

This is "wee" Lard Armstrong, 7 times winner of the tour de fat repulsive bastardo

He had to retire as he could not retrieve the saddle from this bike

Still a cool lahdahn wankbag bikey though, but not truffle snuffling material

in my opinion.

Apparently cycling is becoming the new golf when it comes to male bonding.

How the f**k do you bond with a guy who is hareing away from you at 20mph and all you can see is his sweaty lycra clad arse???

you cycle alongside him or in a group at a pace you can all chat at.

what is difficult to understand about that?

i cycle 18 miles a day as part of my commute but have never cycled as part of a group.

howeve, i used to train for running with a group before my knee forced me to quit and the majority of runs were at a pace you talk

even with the faster runs, you could still chat on the run to the session and back again

i used to run on the cycle track in paisley quite a bit and regularly had groups of chatting cyclists coming by

running and cycling are fantastic social sports

Either of them winning is a nonsense.Seems to me that putting golf or F1, in the same sentence as sport is an oxymoron.

F1 is all about the money. Golf is, as is darts and snooker for that matter, an art at best. Next thing we'll have is beerswirling. As was said about that seventies game, "It's all in the wrist action!"

BEEHAVE!lol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

disfraz-de-jugador-de-golf-tradicional.j419776838_0156160682.jpg

Stephen Thompson's attire at the 2013 golf day....and StuDick going to Fir Park.

Couple of things jump to mind. Rory's wins happened in the summer / Ryder Cup in September. Hamilton was fighting for the title all through September & October and won it in November, appearing on the TV and radio then numerous times. As such he had a higher profile closer to the vote.

F1 can be watched in under 2 hours on TV and has a higher profile than golf on terrestrial TV with millions watching most weeks. Golf most weeks is hidden on Sky (excluding the open) and rounds can take 4 hours with coverage being very long. As a TV sport F1 works better for the casual viewer than golf.

I also think Rory's personality and demeanour isn't great, but Hamilton is the same. I doubt the Ireland thing cost him many votes like some have suggest however.

I don't think Hamilton's achievement should be put down. He is a worthy winner too, double world champion and a very good driver even if I am not much of a fan!