Celtic Will Make An Offer For John Mcginn

He's a fabulous talent and will move on at some point. But when? I have no doubt that the best thing for John is stay here and play regular fooball. He seems a level headed and sensible and very happy at the club. Him staying longer is not out of the question

I think that it is out of the question. He has turned down offers to extend his deal.

John doesn't seem settled this season. Perhaps we would be better to cash in on him now rather than wait till the summer. Either way, we'll get a decent fee (transfer or development).

McGinn is a huge talent, but, for whatever reason, he seems out of sorts just now. Perhaps a new manager would lift him, but he'll be gone soon enough, so maybe its time to cut our losses.

McGinn's probably at the stage where slogging away at the wrong end of the league in a struggling side isn't the greatest thing for his career. Wouldn't begrudge him a move but would rather it wasn't to the Celtic reserves.

Edited by Alba

McGinn's probably at the stage where slogging away at the wrong end of the league in a struggling side isn't the greatest thing for his career. Wouldn't begrudge him a move but would rather it wasn't to the Celtic reserves.

The same could be said for McLean. Think he's been playing for a move recently too! Far more effort than normal!

We'll just ruin these boys careers if they hang about our club in such dire circumstances

Edited by Big Yards

The same could be said for McLean. Think he's been playing for a move recently too! Far more effort than normal!

We'll just ruin these boys careers if they hang about our club in such dire circumstances

Would rather say McLean is a professional and through guidance from the coaching staff has been motivated to roll up the sleeves and get the club out the situation we find ourselves in. Hence the improved performance all over the park yesterday.

It's a shame Tommy Craig ruined what is probably the last season we will see McGinn and McLean in the stripes. Their loss of form has been spectacular but also understandable. McLean I don't think is playing for a move, he was just being played out of position before and had lost some motivation which Gary Teale has been able to give him.

John obviously wants to go, he probably is only on about 500 quid a week with us and he could easily get about 6 or 7 grand down south.

Celtic can't shaft us entirely as there are development fees to be paid.

If there is interest from two or more clubs we should be able to get a good price for him & use that money to bring in some experienced guys to fill the massive holes in the squad.

Indeed.

If SEVCO can get £200,000 odd for Charlie Telfer, then surely we'll be due at least as much.

If James McCarthy and James McCarthur can move to England and play their way into a decent sized club at such a young age then i cant see why John can't follow in their footsteps. A massive talent who is only going to get better.

I firmly believe he will go on to win senior caps IF he favours a move down south. Celtic would waste him imo as there is always a pressure to sign bigger name players.

As long as Saints get a decent amount of cash for John it would not bother me where he played. The McGinn's have a big Celtic connection and John is a admirer of John Brown so would imagine he would love to play along side him.

Who knows as long as Saints can benefit from any deal that's all I care about. Obviously best wishes would go to john if he leaves

As long as Saints get a decent amount of cash for John it would not bother me where he played. The McGinn's have a big Celtic connection and John is a admirer of John Brown so would imagine he would love to play along side him.

Who knows as long as Saints can benefit from any deal that's all I care about. Obviously best wishes would go to john if he leaves

Has he got a TARDIS?tongue.png

yea he could go in the summer for a development fee and sign a pre contract in the New Year for the club of his choice

pity we couldn't have offered him a better deal to tie him at the club for a couple of years longer and with several clubs bidding for his signature raising the value of any transfer fee

this is the reason people feel the need to complain that St.mirren never sell players for big money and use Hamilton, Falkirk, Dundee Utd as examples

good luck to him, as exceptional a player I've seen in a long time at our club but we missed a trick by not really cashing in on him

Unfortunately I think he will go , and the club pretty much have in mind what they are willing to accept .

The fact that the club want a manager who is decent a wheeling / dealing suggests that part of the monies received will go on developing the squad , so it may be possible that our team could be improved after the transfer window.

Also after seeing a couple of youngsters doing well yesterday , I,m quite confident of better players coming through over the next couple of years .

agree about the youngsters in the team yesterday it does bode well for the future

But will we make those promising players an offer they can't refuse or will they also be allowed to leave for a just a development fee ?

can't believe about how pleased people seem to be about the fact we will get a development fee for John McGinn, the guy is worth way more than that

can't believe about how pleased people seem to be about the fact we will get a development fee for John McGinn, the guy is worth way more than that

That might well be the case, but as he hasn't agreed to sign a contract extension, it might well be all that we get for him.