Letter To The Sfa. .

The equaliser was offside ,my Buddies next to me thought it was and Gary said it was offside and despite the linesman having a clear view , he didn't wave it offside. .

Wee Anxious always said goals change games . .

It was announced that we would play a minimum of 6 minutes of added time , as a tribute to the amount of Dimdee players carrying Equity cards, but per my watch we got barely 3!

We have seen a succession of incompetent officials lately and we actually pay these people through our gate money , time for a letter of complaint to the SFA , I think. .

I'd like to see it again on TV, it looked offside to me but I was at the opposite end of the ground. Possible a Saints player on the right side of defence who looked deeper than the rest, again hard to see from far end of the ground.

Gary Teale has already reviewed the pictures and said it was offside , Chuckles said it was controversial , after he reviewed the pictures . .

No matter , we can't get that decision overturned and it now seems that they will punish you in other ways if you get a decision overturned anyway , they don't like it up 'em as Corporal Jones would have said. .

While I am inclined to agree with the sentiment expressed by the OP, I am actually more pissed off with St Mirren than any official. We haven't won a home game, we cannot keep a clean sheet, we cannot hold onto a lead, and time after time after time, we cannot put away some of the chances we made. How many headers did we contrive to miss today?

I'm away to open a bottle of Australian red, get a home made curry going, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

St Mirren can fcuk off - they ain't worth the worrying.

Gary Teale has already reviewed the pictures and said it was offside , Chuckles said it was controversial , after he reviewed the pictures . .

I thought it was offside at the time, would like to see it on TV for myself though.

Edit- just seen it on sky sports news and it's very difficult to call. He looked like he might have been in line with or behind the ball, much closer than I thought at the time.

Wonder if there is a better tv angle available, doubt it though.

Edited by davidg

I like the idea of red and a curry , great underrated relationship. Lager and curry is so yesterday and just bags you up.

As for the football , the incompetent officiating , the business whatiffery , the total desolation that is Greenhill road stadium, the footballing cringe and the dire customer experience, I am deffo putting more energy into discovering new Italian reds to match with the savoury foods these days.

The SPFL depresses me, the whole Saturday football world is getting lost on me now, ST Mirren are barely newsworthy , and when they are it's about their various ineptitudes.

Looks like I'll end up happy foody alcoholic then, avoiding gob shites like Yogi, RIchard Gordon, Wee Chick , oh and that bug eyed Freak on SPortscene.

Aye, f**k Right off !

St Mirren can fcuk off - they ain't worth the worrying.

classic Pozbaird

Certainly not worth worrying about to the extent of allowing it to sour the rest of your Saturday. I stood up and left as soon as the red card for Arquin came out. By the time I reached St James Interchange I was listening to R.E.M. on the car CD player and was thinking about stopping at Tesco to get some poppadoms to go with the ace curry recipe I have.

Fcuk um' - will think about them again on Friday, approximately two minutes before kick off.... Better go and check on the curry - smells great.

Enjoy your weekend guys. Whatever you are up to, grab a beer, go out with your mates, take the missus' for dinner, take the kids to the park, watch the telly.... Fcuk um!

No debate it was offside. The ball went forward from Stewart and Irvine was already ahead if the ball and turned back to tap in. It's just our luck We gave none at the moment

We're back to the same style voodoo we had under his of losing late goals. Green hill rd is cursed

I'm always surprised when I see a skilful player like Irvine , resorting to cheating . He nicked 10yards at every shy even when the ref' had warned him , he sometimes nicked a bit more . .

It just spoils the match . I always think these kind of cunts come a cropper in the end but not after they have ruined the game for others. .

Don't think ref got much wrong today Dundee's first one I thought was off side having seen it on TV it was closer than I thought but still offside but the lines man never flagged! So if the refs in doubt and looks to his lines man who doesn't have his flag up whats he meant to do?

Arquins first was harsh in my opinion but looked similar to the challenge he got sent off for against county which was turned to a yellow card on Apeal! His second he dived so well deserved!

St.Mirren let there fans down with a very shabby second half performance we gave a poor looking Dundee team 3 points today.

We had a ok first half but didn't turn up for the second.

Thought Sean Kelly had poor game John Mcginn gave the ball away too often in the second half.

For years now we have needed a CB but no we play Jim Goodwin there and he is never a defender!

Wylde when he came on looked less of a threat than Mclear who we took off!

Arquin for getting himself sent off!

Garry Teale for his half time tactics cost us the game!

Certainly not worth worrying about to the extent of allowing it to sour the rest of your Saturday. I stood up and left as soon as the red card for Arquin came out. By the time I reached St James Interchange I was listening to R.E.M. on the car CD player and was thinking about stopping at Tesco to get some poppadoms to go with the ace curry recipe I have.

Fcuk um' - will think about them again on Friday, approximately two minutes before kick off.... Better go and check on the curry - smells great.

Enjoy your weekend guys. Whatever you are up to, grab a beer, go out with your mates, take the missus' for dinner, take the kids to the park, watch the telly.... Fcuk um!

Indeed.

Playing Dominoes with the wee yin and watching Horrid Henry The Movie.

Far more entertaining than that atrocity earlier.

Coppied from another thread with the " offside" pictures attached and he's onside. first pic his foot makes contact with the ball, second one ball has left his foot.

It feels like it's been a hard luck story all season. Either "i don't know how we didn't win that" or blaming officials. Fair enough there's been some shocking decisions, but why can't we make our own luck? Win ugly. We're starting to show a bit of dig and some decent play now but I'd much rather be picking up honking 1 goal victories when we're not playi#ng well.

It's time this conspiracy nonsense was put to bed by everybody on here.

post-6900-0-23762300-1422129395_thumb.jp

post-6900-0-81779500-1422129415_thumb.jp

Yes, the decisions against us recently have been suspect at best and scandalous at worst, but we are playing terrible which makes these decisions even more destructive to us.

If we were a decent team, who were playing well and winning games, these decisions would go almost unnoticed. Unfortunately though, we are pish and it only takes one bad decision to completely sink us.

We are putting ourselves in positions where refereeing calls are deciding our fate.

Yes, the decisions against us recently have been suspect at best and scandalous at worst, but we are playing terrible which makes these decisions even more destructive to us.

If we were a decent team, who were playing well and winning games, these decisions would go almost unnoticed. Unfortunately though, we are pish and it only takes one bad decision to completely sink us.

We are putting ourselves in positions where refereeing calls are deciding our fate.

Correct. That's what I'm trying to say, albeit less articulate haha.

Yes the officials are poor but we can't hide behind the fact that we are shite.

Yes maybe we are "shite" because the ref' helps to break up our play , ffs. How can Goodwin get a yellow if he played the ball , just like we didn't get a penalty against Dimdee United when King was brought down in the box , after , the Dimdee Utd player got the ball . .

We are getting rammed here and you are agreeing with it. .

There is foul play going on . .from the SFA. .

If we are going to be analytical , let's do it across the boards . .

The standside linesman gave Dundee a throwin.

Teale told him he was wrong and the linesman's response was,

"I couldn't see it because you (Teale) were blocking my view. Stay in your area."

I thought they were only supposed to make decisions on things they definitely saw.

Is this linesman saying "I'm giving a decision against you because you were blocking my view" ?

A list of the major tight / controversial decisions from today's game:

1) First half penalty shout as McGinn's shot is blocked by McAlister's hand

2) Irvine's equaliser

3) First penalty incident involving Arquin

4) Second penalty incident involving Arquin and decision to give a second yellow for diving.

I'm happy to admit nearly all of the major decisions are tight and the TV angles aren't great and the referee doesn't have the benefit of TV replays and freezing frames. Here is my take on the incidents:

1) McGinn's shot looks on target and hits McAlister's hand. I don't think it is deliberate hand to ball on McAlister's part, but we've all seen these given and we've had a few against us like this. It would have been harsh on Dundee had we been given this one.

2) At first viewing it looks offside, Irvine runs on to the lay off while _ _ _ _ _ _ stops and ball watches. On replaying and freezing frames Irvine is probably onside and Dundee would also say the attacking team should be given the benefit of the doubt in tight offside decisions like this (as we were with Tesselaar v Motherw.. no wait).

3) Penalty to us, Davidson doesn't get the ball and fouls Arquin.

4) McPake catches Arquin, Arquin goes down easily or you could argue that with him turning inside as McPake catches him our man is knocked off balance easily. May have been a soft penalty had it been awarded. It doesn't look as if Arquin has dived and made a strong appeal for the penalty so simulation with a view to fooling the referee into a wrong decision seems very harsh.

Here's how the decisions went on the day

1) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt

2) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt

3) Dundee get a massive let off

4) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt and also benefit from a harsh 2nd yellow.

I do think that since Teale took over in his 9 games we've picked up 8 points, and if bad decisions evened themselves out or if the tight decisions went 50/50 to both teams then Teale's record would more likely be played 9, picked up 13 points and sitting in 10th.

Do I think there is a conspiracy or deliberate decision by the SFA to single out St Mirren for bad refereeing decisions? No. Do I think we should be defending better? Yes. Do I think we should be sticking more chances away or at least hitting the target more often? Yes. I still think Teale is within his rights to complain in the media about decisions going against us today and with Arquin's straight red and with the refereeing displays in the Motherwell and Killie games. Almost 50% of his time in charge has seen 95% of the big key decisions either wrongly going to the other team or the other team getting the benefit of the doubt.

A list of the major tight / controversial decisions from today's game:

1) First half penalty shout as McGinn's shot is blocked by McAlister's hand

2) Irvine's equaliser

3) First penalty incident involving Arquin

4) Second penalty incident involving Arquin and decision to give a second yellow for diving.

I'm happy to admit nearly all of the major decisions are tight and the TV angles aren't great and the referee doesn't have the benefit of TV replays and freezing frames. Here is my take on the incidents:

1) McGinn's shot looks on target and hits McAlister's hand. I don't think it is deliberate hand to ball on McAlister's part, but we've all seen these given and we've had a few against us like this. It would have been harsh on Dundee had we been given this one.

2) At first viewing it looks offside, Irvine runs on to the lay off while _ _ _ _ _ _ stops and ball watches. On replaying and freezing frames Irvine is probably onside and Dundee would also say the attacking team should be given the benefit of the doubt in tight offside decisions like this (as we were with Tesselaar v Motherw.. no wait).

3) Penalty to us, Davidson doesn't get the ball and fouls Arquin.

4) McPake catches Arquin, Arquin goes down easily or you could argue that with him turning inside as McPake catches him our man is knocked off balance easily. May have been a soft penalty had it been awarded. It doesn't look as if Arquin has dived and made a strong appeal for the penalty so simulation with a view to fooling the referee into a wrong decision seems very harsh.

Here's how the decisions went on the day

1) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt

2) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt

3) Dundee get a massive let off

4) Dundee get the benefit of the doubt and also benefit from a harsh 2nd yellow.

I do think that since Teale took over in his 9 games we've picked up 8 points, and if bad decisions evened themselves out or if the tight decisions went 50/50 to both teams then Teale's record would more likely be played 9, picked up 13 points and sitting in 10th.

Do I think there is a conspiracy or deliberate decision by the SFA to single out St Mirren for bad refereeing decisions? No. Do I think we should be defending better? Yes. Do I think we should be sticking more chances away or at least hitting the target more often? Yes. I still think Teale is within his rights to complain in the media about decisions going against us today and with Arquin's straight red and with the refereeing displays in the Motherwell and Killie games. Almost 50% of his time in charge has seen 95% of the big key decisions either wrongly going to the other team or the other team getting the benefit of the doubt.

As wee Anxious said , goals change games . If , he hadn't feared retribution , he'd probably have said "arbitrary refereeing decisions change games" . .

Now , certain posters , will tell you that a good team get over these arbitrary decisions and therefore , Saint Mirren are "shite" , does that make the arbitrary decision okay. .

Appears the club are already seeking talks with the SFA over decisions.

According to Jonathan Sutherland on Twitter.

Some refs are just poor , but in recent seasons I've thought McLean has given us nothing. He sent off Danny Grainger at Easter Road last season for hitting an opponent with a ball while taking a free kick , the guy was encroaching , it should have been him that was booked .

When it all comes down to it , McLean should not be refereeing in this country , not when his brother has had a long playing career up here and his father has a coaching job at another club in our league.