Smisa & David Longwell Interview

thewhiteman

a recent video discussion on the role of smisa, and every supporter, in the St.Mirren Youth Development

will need the sound turned up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCYeo966aag

Would love to hear it. Alistair Colquhoun was at school with me and I'm sure it would be good to hear but I couldn't no matter how much I fiddled about.

It's got all the feel of Saddam Hussain bringing out his hostages to tell the camera's how well they are being treated. It's David Longwell basically saying to camera "I'm brilliant, would you guys from SMiSA like to tell everyone just how brilliant I am." Alastair looks more the willing participant, while John looks as though he's got someone standing behind the camera ready to shoot him if he doesn't do as he's told.

It's well meaning and all that. Boring and dull with no new information from those who use forums like this and there's loads of papering over contentious issues. For example the £50k wasted on the dome project - It's has had to be deflated for maintenance work two years in a row just when the Scottish weather got to the week we usually have each year when an indoor facility might have been useful - or the continued lack of a proper scouting set up within the club.

I rejoined SMiSA last month because it looked like they were finally focusing on the real issue of buying up shares in the club and trying to ensure there was more of a membership voice on the board. If they are going to produce video's I'd much rather the focus be on that instead of revisiting the ways in which SMiSA waste their members money.

Would love to hear it. Alistair Colquhoun was at school with me and I'm sure it would be good to hear but I couldn't no matter how much I fiddled about.

aye, sorry bout the low quality sound, first attempt, but will know better in future, it was original posted on the YD site as it was one of the coaches that filmed it, so don't know if it's better on the original, a bit disappointing despite the good intentions

It's got all the feel of Saddam Hussain bringing out his hostages to tell the camera's how well they are being treated. It's David Longwell basically saying to camera "I'm brilliant, would you guys from SMiSA like to tell everyone just how brilliant I am." Alastair looks more the willing participant, while John looks as though he's got someone standing behind the camera ready to shoot him if he doesn't do as he's told.

It's well meaning and all that. Boring and dull with no new information from those who use forums like this and there's loads of papering over contentious issues. For example the £50k wasted on the dome project - It's has had to be deflated for maintenance work two years in a row just when the Scottish weather got to the week we usually have each year when an indoor facility might have been useful - or the continued lack of a proper scouting set up within the club.

I rejoined SMiSA last month because it looked like they were finally focusing on the real issue of buying up shares in the club and trying to ensure there was more of a membership voice on the board. If they are going to produce video's I'd much rather the focus be on that instead of revisiting the ways in which SMiSA waste their members money.

stuart, the money spent on the dome was loaned and payments are up to date, so SMiSA still has the £50k

shares, yes still being purchased, theirs a couple being processed with the club right now

Self proclaimed non St. Mirren fan joins St. Mirren Independent Supporters Association

I've never supported Exeter City, Stockport County, or Wycombe Wanderers yet I've been in their respective ISA's for over 10 years now. I've never supported Clyde yet I've been a member of their CIC for going on four years now and I've never supported Motherwell yet I was one of the first people to register my interest in joining the Well Society to the point where it became clear that their proposals - unlike those that 10000Hours had stipulated for St Mirren - were very insular and did not seek to involve the local community in the fan ownership of their club.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if there were a number of people on this forum who have given financial assistance to supporters groups of clubs they too have never dreamt of supporting just as I've done by rejoining SMISA. Some of us just happen to love football.

I've never supported Exeter City, Stockport County, or Wycombe Wanderers yet I've been in their respective ISA's for over 10 years now. I've never supported Clyde yet I've been a member of their CIC for going on four years now and I've never supported Motherwell yet I was one of the first people to register my interest in joining the Well Society to the point where it became clear that their proposals - unlike those that 10000Hours had stipulated for St Mirren - were very insular and did not seek to involve the local community in the fan ownership of their club.

I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if there were a number of people on this forum who have given financial assistance to supporters groups of clubs they too have never dreamt of supporting just as I've done by rejoining SMISA. Some of us just happen to love football.

You forgot to add 'I've never been to me!'

But that would be another huge porkie

You forgot to add 'I've never been to me!'

But that would be another huge porkie

I tend only to see Stu's stuff on my phone or when he gets quoted. I saw how often he got called a liar during the independence borefest without really caring. But I simply don't believe he's contributing to all the clubs he's claiming to. I'll apologise if he produces evidence.

I tend only to see Stu's stuff on my phone or when he gets quoted. I saw how often he got called a liar during the independence borefest without really caring. But I simply don't believe he's contributing to all the clubs he's claiming to. I'll apologise if he produces evidence.

the main thing is hes chosen to join smisa, which I can confirm, that's good enough for me

What would you like? Bank Statements? Don't be so f**king ridiculous. Why the f**k would I lie about something like that? And why the f**k would I chose those clubs if it was just a random lie? I did get something wrong though. It's actually 15 years I've been contributing to the Supporters Associations at Exeter, Stockport and Wycombe. Time flies I guess but I joined all three during the millenium before I sold my business.