Stewards Or Traffic Wardens ?

I mentioned in another thread that a Steward ran up to me as i got out of a car in front of the stadium yesterday. He was shouting "this is not a drop off point" I ignored him because firstly, I was not the car driver and therefore not at fault, and secondly because I dont think the stewards have any right or authority to be telling road users what to do or not to do when they are outside the confines of the stadium. Can their be any justification of his actions ?

Don't know if this helps but official site has the following ... Sounds like the steward was only carrying out orders.

Picking Up & Dropping Off by Car on Match Day

Over the past few games we have had problems with patrons parking at the front of the Main Stand to pick up disabled supporters at the end of the game. This area is a ‘no parking’ zone on match days (with cones on the road) and has to be kept clear for emergency access. It is an inappropriate location for disabled spectator uplifts, as not only does it cause an obstruction on the road, it also causes a danger to pedestrians leaving the stadium.

Please note that the designated pick-up/drop off points are either in Drums Avenue or the two lay-byes on Ferguslie Park Avenue.

I mentioned in another thread that a Steward ran up to me as i got out of a car in front of the stadium yesterday. He was shouting "this is not a drop off point" I ignored him because firstly, I was not the car driver and therefore not at fault, and secondly because I dont think the stewards have any right or authority to be telling road users what to do or not to do when they are outside the confines of the stadium. Can their be any justification of his actions ?

Presumably they are under orders from the Police?

Your driver should be given 12 penalty points and a £2000 fine while you should be banned from the ground for the rest of the season.

(Albeit, that latter punishment may be viewed as a reward)

Don't know if this helps but official site has the following ... Sounds like the steward was only carrying out orders.

Picking Up & Dropping Off by Car on Match Day

Over the past few games we have had problems with patrons parking at the front of the Main Stand to pick up disabled supporters at the end of the game. This area is a ‘no parking’ zone on match days (with cones on the road) and has to be kept clear for emergency access. It is an inappropriate location for disabled spectator uplifts, as not only does it cause an obstruction on the road, it also causes a danger to pedestrians leaving the stadium.

Please note that the designated pick-up/drop off points are either in Drums Avenue or the two lay-byes on Ferguslie Park Avenue.

Here you theres only one Buddy Marvellous, bolt!!

Here you theres only one Buddy Marvellous, bolt!!

Soz my buddie namesake - I had used this name in an old saints forum and when I resurrected it in 2011, I never noticed your profile.

As soon as I noticed you I PMd the forum to ask how to change my login name but I'm still waiting for that help.....

Soz my buddie namesake - I had used this name in an old saints forum and when I resurrected it in 2011, I never noticed your profile.

As soon as I noticed you I PMd the forum to ask how to change my login name but I'm still waiting for that help.....

I think the Mods are mibbe busy updating the stadium boards for inductees to Saints Hall of Fame legendy thing... :unsure:

I think the next time this happens you should inform the steward you are a recently signed winger/midfielder (definitely not a centre back though) and the manager has said this is as close to the pitch as you will get all season.

Failing that call out in a load voice for a member of police Scotland to hear, "DID YOU JUST CALL ME A ***?" Then really confuse him by very purposefully, but slowly walking away....!

No problemo Buddy! I an used to it, there are at least two other folk with the same actual name as me! One's an ex Holland international the other's an old geezer who trolls this very forum!!

f**kim Mate . your name , you keep it !!

He only posts scurrilous remarks about people anyway !! dry.png