Austin Mcphee - A Missed Management Opportunity?

It would have been as much of a gamble and the "knickerwetters" would have had Morrisons, Asda and Tesco running out of diapers before a ball was kicked. Even now it's not certain he would have been a good choice. Unproven.

This said, hindsight being a wonderful thing, I would have been happy to take the chance.

There was almost a meltdown at the start of last season when it looked as if Kelly would start the season as first choice leftback despite having sod all experience. God knows what state folk would have been in if someone like this had been appointed.

I'm fairly certain Austin McPhee left a good few months before the end of last season so he'd only have been in the running to replace Lennon if the board had pulled the plug then rather than in the summer. I'd love to have seen the reaction them getting the job in the middle of a relegation battle...

Also, while the article rightly credits him with bringing in Isma the name Eric Djemba-DJemba is mysteriously absent.

The same Austin that got me very very excited about a new imminent Saints signing a wee while back, when we were playing fives.

"He is awesome and will be the difference, turning the whole club around." After a week or so of me bursting with excited anticipation: enter Stephane Bahoken.

There was almost a meltdown at the start of last season when it looked as if Kelly would start the season as first choice leftback despite having sod all experience. God knows what state folk would have been in if someone like this had been appointed.

I'm fairly certain Austin McPhee left a good few months before the end of last season so he'd only have been in the running to replace Lennon if the board had pulled the plug then rather than in the summer. I'd love to have seen the reaction them getting the job in the middle of a relegation battle...

Also, while the article rightly credits him with bringing in Isma the name Eric Djemba-DJemba is mysteriously absent.

That'll be when St Mirren had an Austin with a problem under the bunnet.