Painful Reflection On Our Last Few Years.

As all sound minded people of this forum will agree, we are doomed to relegation this season barring a miracle. I just wanted to reflect on how this came to be. When we sold Love Street and moved to the new stadium, debts cleared, a new beginning. the club had so much promise. Where is that now. there has been a slow depressing decline. What should have been the start of a new era in our football club has ended with us being thrown back into the obscurity of Scottish football. Awful decisions from management, lack of ambition. What do we do now, where can we go. I ask to my fellow buddies where can we take this club and why has our promise disintegrated. This shouldn't have happened.

I vividly recall standing with a couple of hundred others outside the cooncil buildings on a blisteringly hot May afternoon, and effectively celebrating the demise of our spiritual home.

Looking back to that day, I would agree that it seemed like a new chapter was about to commenced for the club. We then opened the training complex and were the envy of many clubs. No more training on public parks strewn with broken glass, used johnnies, and dug shite!

I'm not a fan of our current stadium, but it is functional and paid for (as far as I'm aware).

Most of the ingredients were there for a brave, new dawn. Sadly, it never materialised. The cup win was great, but it doesn't represent any enduring progress.

I can't be bothered with apportionment of blame, here. That is ongoing in other threads. Suffice to say, the club has, at best, been treading water. This relegation now means we have slipped into decline. I accept that this is how things work, and we have no entitlement to stay up. Indeed, as easily the most shite team in the division, we absolutely deserve to go down.

My main source of regret is that we have failed to capitalise on a huge opportunity. Potential supporters of the future will now turn away, and there is little prospect of the club suddenly becoming a vibrant, dynamic entity any time soon. More likely we will languish in the second tier for several years, and be hoping we can avoid another drop.

Sad times, that's beyond dispute.

Edited by Drew

As I've said before, relegation is a certainty every so often for a club our size in a small top division. Most supporters accept this. However, after winning the League Cup, a general lethargy kicked in. We have imploded for all the reasons stated elsewhere. Time to rebuild and start again in The Championship. Total clear out required. Build a new squad with a competent proven manager. Let's not forgot that last season Naismith and Kelly were introduced and did well. Mallon is a young boy, as is Reilly, and both will do well in a lower league next season. There are others pushing for a start from the under 20's. A few experienced pros, especially in midfield and Centre half, along with McAusland, as well as a striker of the Lyle mould and we will be fine.

The biggest losses out of the dozens of players through the door recently, was not replacing Connor Newton.

Edited by cambiebud

Been watching events unfold from afar this season obviously so had to reply on match updates and the odd tv game.

Very disappointing the way the club has been run and just a total disaster of a season.

Maybe it would be time to bring in someone the fans have an affinity with? We need all fans on side for a promotion push a new manager such as
Hugh Murray, Thompson, Gus McPherson could be a way of bringing a buzz back.

To think some of us complained about the boring safe finishes under Gus.

Edited by bordeaux_buddie

Of course since we moved into our new ground we have played in 3 national semi finals, 2 national finals and we have 1 national trophy. We have also set a generation high league position and then matched it.

We achieved more in the first 5 years in our new ground than we did in the last 20 years at Love St combined.