B&w Army Player Of The Year 2014-2015 Now Open

div

Our voting in the Player of the Year poll for season 2014-2015 is now open.

After a bit of thought we have decided to run with our poll again as usual. It's fair to say it's been the worst season a lot of us can remember but we've given an award out for 12 years in a row and felt it would be a shame to stop just because we had a horrible time of it. So here we are once more.

Vote online here; https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bawarmy2015

There are a couple of notable additions for this seasons vote over and above the current squad.

We have included Kenny McLean in the poll as he played a major part in our season before moving to Aberdeen, and we have also included young Aaron Woodall, who is a member of the 2008 Junior Academy.

Aaron has been bravely fighting a brain tumour this season. He has shown the spirit & determination that our fans always love to see and is an inspiration to all of us so he's in there fully on merit. The family have given us their blessing to include Aaron and you will find his name listed along with all the other eligible players.

As usual our poll is structured in pretty much the same way as the Eurovision Song Contest, it's a wee bit different from just choosing your favourite.

You need to select your 12 best performers from season 2014-2015, allocating 12 points to the player who in your opinion was your player of the year, then 11 points to the runner up and so on and so forth, with your 12th best player receiving 1 point.

Once you have allocated all 12 of your ranks you can submit your responses.Every player who played at least three first team match this season is listed along with young Aaron. You can only cast 12 votes this year, all other players will receive no points from you so choose carefully. You will be able to go back to the survey and edit your vote if you wish right up to the deadline day.

The player with the most points overall will be win the coveted player of the year award for 2015. We hope to do the presentation either at or before the Motherwell game on 16th May.

The voting closes at 1am on Friday 1st May 2015 so get your votes in now and share with your Saints supporting mates please. Every vote counts.

Here is the all important link to the online vote;

Vote online here; https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/bawarmy2015

Do we need to rank the players? Can't we just give it to Kenny McLean and be done with it?

ETA: done. Aaron gets top billing with Kenny runner up. As for the rest....it was pretty much a game of pinning the tail on the donkey.

Edited by Drew

Do we need to rank the players? Can't we just give it to Kenny McLean and be done with it?

ETA: done. Aaron gets top billing with Kenny runner up. As for the rest....it was pretty much a game of pinning the tail on the donkey.

I agree we have enough rank players as it is... oh wait I see.

Anyway I've now surveyed my monkey, my work here is done.

Edited by 2becks

Done the same. Aaron 12 points, Kenny then follows. The rest? Difficult. Gave Tess and Ridgers the next couple then guessed the rest. No one else deserves to be near it really.

After Aaron & McLean getting 12 & 11, I tried to leave a gap until 6 (no-one getting 7-10) but it wouldn't let me. Lewis Morgan got 10 on the basis of not annoying me too much. I almost gave Gow a 10, but couldn't face giving that waster anything.

Voted for first team players, the POTY should always be about first team players, if you want to then have separate votes for younger squads. by all means have a special award for the young lad Aaron due to his courage, but don't break with tradition, we have lost too much tradition in having to move to Greenhill road.

Voted for first team players, the POTY should always be about first team players, if you want to then have separate votes for younger squads. by all means have a special award for the young lad Aaron due to his courage, but don't break with tradition, we have lost too much tradition in having to move to Greenhill road.

Special year BC

Aaron for me should get it for fighting the brain tumour. No player deserves to get the award so give it to the one I am sure every fan would like to give it to. He deserves it.

This every week is a game of football nothing else. A game that has been ruined by money. Players wanting more money, agents stirring things up for players and to many young players with to much money (Raheem Sterling for instance) It should be about being an apprentice and wages going up as you earn it. I know the wages in Scotland do not compare with other countries however a player should be commended for remaining with a team for his career.

We looked after McGregor for 2 years and what did he do jumped ship. Kenny could have stayed till the summer and tried to keep us up but no he jumped ship so he better not get player of the year. Marc has jumped only because of injury and constant abuse I am sure.

S when you are picking the player of the year remember the ones who are fans or like young Aaron fighting for more than league survival.

JUST A GAME OF FOOTBALL

Edited by fan4ever

I like our ranking system, it makes us different from all the others. We are the best !

Would normally agree but that was really difficult! Even had to give John McGinn a point in the end as I had run out of players I didn't want to throw under a bus.