This Is The Man To Score Goals For Us In Championship.

Doesn't matter. QoS were watched by several top league clubs plus Hibs and Hearts on Saturday. Now they might not all be watching him but they are all above us in the pecking order sadly.

Add to that there will be compensation for him and a few of the other lads at Queens such as Holt, McShane and maybe Durnan and there's no chance we're signing him.

Had wondered about Keatings too but likely to be competition and he'll want a decent wage.

I understand that Hearts striker James Keatings might be available in the summer - a good young striker with an excellent strike rate particularly in the First Division - however I don't imagine there will be any shortage of interest

We don't even know who our manager will be never mind trying to get players signed up for next season. Needs to be sorted out very soon as others are already building and adding players for next season. Utter shambles!

We don't even know who our manager will be never mind trying to get players signed up for next season. Needs to be sorted out very soon as others are already building and adding players for next season. Utter shambles!

Maybe it is sorted, if it's not then I really can't understand the logic of the St Mirren board. Teale appeared to accept that the side were relegated when he said after the Ross County game that it was time to freshen up the squad and to give the youngsters a chance. Well if that's the case then surely the person who is going to be in charge next season would be the person doing the assessment of those kids performances in the remaining matches - otherwise what's the point.

I think Teale will get the gig, it would cost money to recruit someone else.

As for the type of player we can bring in, it doesn't augur well that as an SPL club last season we couldn't do better than Marwood, Ball and Caldwell.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect we're heading back to the days of Dow, Crilly, Dunn etc.

As for the type of player we can bring in, it doesn't augur well that as an SPL club last season we couldn't do better than Marwood, Ball and Caldwell.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect we're heading back to the days of Dow, Crilly, Dunn etc.

Problem is these were signed with GTs knowledge and input, He cannot be allowed to (manage) us next year.

We need a Manager not a coach, tell Gary to bring his boots to pre-season as his contract next year is only as a player.

Edited by fmckinn

The thing is, its evident using Dunfermline as an example of what can happen if the club is not willing to move in the right direction.

The championship is now imo a more competitive and attractive league. With the clubs potentially in the league next season, there should b no reason why we cant attract a half decent calibre of player.

The thing is, its evident using Dunfermline as an example of what can happen if the club is not willing to move in the right direction.

The championship is now imo a more competitive and attractive league. With the clubs potentially in the league next season, there should b no reason why we cant attract a half decent calibre of player.

Of course the reason Dunfermline were relegated is because they went into admin as a result of historic debt. Before that they were challenging at the top end of the league.

It's impossible to say what the league will be like next season. All the clubs in that league including us will have a high turn over of players between now and the season kicking off. Falkirk for example, they had 2 survivors from their Scottish Cup semi loss 2 seasons ago to their Scottish cup semi win this season.

Of course the reason Dunfermline were relegated is because they went into admin as a result of historic debt. Before that they were challenging at the top end of the league.

It's impossible to say what the league will be like next season. All the clubs in that league including us will have a high turn over of players between now and the season kicking off. Falkirk for example, they had 2 survivors from their Scottish Cup semi loss 2 seasons ago to their Scottish cup semi win this season.

Good post TC. The Dunfermline situation has been quoted by many on here but is also much misunderstood. As you say they were relegated due to off park issues.

I know he's getting on a bit but Derek Lyle has scored 19 this season in the Championship. And if anyone tells me we cant compete with QoS on wages then we'd be as well shutting the club down.

He's just signed a new contract. I'd have taken him but he's had a few off the pitch issues.

Yes Dunfermline were relegated due to off field issues and were in a worse state than we are.

However we sold off our best player on deadline day in January to alleviate cash flow problems. Allegedly.

If we were struggling to balance the books in the top flight i fail to see how we will manage to do it in the Championship other than taking a rather large slice off the wage bill. And make no mistake this Board will want to balance the books before anything else. That's not a criticism but it does mean we ned to get a bit more real on who we're likely to bring in.

Talk of signing guys like Keatings and Reilly is fanciful in my book but again I hope to be proved wrong. I expect to see a fairly youthful Saints team next season with more academy boys being given a chance.

We always have cash flow problems which require the board to temporarily subsidise the club until we get paid by the SPL at the end of August at which point the board get their short term loans back.

This year due to dire home results and performances gates are down (and a lack of Edinburgh teams and Sevco visiting support), we also have to pay off Tommy Craig for 18 months of a 2 year deal, Goodwin may have been compensated for being sacked as a coach as well, and the pay offs to players whose contracts have been terminated by mutual consent have continued at a similar rate to the maligned DL era... Caldwell, Marwood, McAusland, Ball, Osbourne and no doubt a few others.

I'm sure a decent wedge of the McLean money went into funding the pay off to Tommy Craig and recoup some of the losses on gate money.

Yes Dunfermline were relegated due to off field issues and were in a worse state than we are.

However we sold off our best player on deadline day in January to alleviate cash flow problems. Allegedly.

If we were struggling to balance the books in the top flight i fail to see how we will manage to do it in the Championship other than taking a rather large slice off the wage bill. And make no mistake this Board will want to balance the books before anything else. That's not a criticism but it does mean we ned to get a bit more real on who we're likely to bring in.

Talk of signing guys like Keatings and Reilly is fanciful in my book but again I hope to be proved wrong. I expect to see a fairly youthful Saints team next season with more academy boys being given a chance.

Thompson has already quoted the board for next season our wage bill is to be half what it is this season maybe even lower if season tickets are not purchased in the usual numbers. One thing is clear in my opinion we will not be challenging for promotion