Club Is Out Of Touch With Support

The club seems totally out of touch with the support these days.

All official SMFC announcements and social media comments seem to be pretending that nothing has happened and we are not going down the relegation pan. Same 'sumptuous' dinner posts and POTY awards as if everything was just dandy. No end of a crap season ticket offers or goodwill gestures to fans. Just how many paying supporters will go to these last games? Not many and who can blame us?

The comments and abuse this tone of announcement is getting on Facebook, on here and elsewhere is horrific for the club. It's just alienating people and getting theirs backs up. Who is in charge anymore?

Whole club is a shambles unfortunately and needs root and branch change quickly.

Sorry for rant.

Aye and many of our supporters are totally out of touch with reality these days.

Nope . Sorry. The fans deal with reality on a daily basis . Our Club , & most others (but not all) seem oblivious to what is actually happening out there .

Reality is, we have had our worst season for years , we have had the worst management for years , we have had the worst league position for years , we have a season to look forward to in a lower division (for how many years , god knows) .....& yet the club behaves as if all is normal. Ships ? I see no ships !!

Nope . Sorry. The fans deal with reality on a daily basis . Our Club , & most others (but not all) seem oblivious to what is actually happening out there .

Reality is, we have had our worst season for years , we have had the worst management for years , we have had the worst league position for years , we have a season to look forward to in a lower division (for how many years , god knows) .....& yet the club behaves as if all is normal. Ships ? I see no ships !!

I'm interested - what should they be saying or doing?

I tend to avoid abusing the Facebook feed. As far as I'm aware, it's run on behalf of the club by an unpaid fan who has no actual sway in club matters. It's unfortunate that the club can't hire an actual PR representative to do this sort of work and once again, relies on the goodwill of an individual who gets a lot of public stick thats aimed at the board of the club.

The line of communication between fans and board has totally and irreversibly broken down.

How about reducing the cost of all activities associated with Saints. Reduce the cost of admission to encourage a decent crowd for the next game. Or reduce the cost of corporate to try & avoid the embarrassment of half empty hospitality ? Or..... an attempt to rally the support to get behind our new management team.

OK , the last one was a bit far fetched.

OR ............ here`s a great idea .thumbup2.gif

Perhaps we could have a board member or senior member of the management team to give the fans regular updates on what the club is up to , plans for the coming season , insight into the inner workings of the club.? You know , the sort of thing that a paying punter might expect in return for his or hers hard earned cash ??

Nah , it`ll never work !!thumbdown.gif

OR ............ here`s a great idea .thumbup2.gif

Perhaps we could have a board member or senior member of the management team to give the fans regular updates on what the club is up to , plans for the coming season , insight into the inner workings of the club.? You know , the sort of thing that a paying punter might expect in return for his or hers hard earned cash ??

Nah , it`ll never work !!thumbdown.gif

How about Danny's Diary?

and the BOD doesn't.1eye.gif

Edited by pod

I along with friends and family members have all never felt so disconnected with the club. The only peep we heard from the board is when they shat it pre-motherwell (or maybe the pressure of fans council ans smisa releasing statement) and asked us to come out in our numbers. That day we got embarassed on the park.

I agree with the OP, we are relegated and not an ounce of connection with the fans. Will they wait until its official whem killie relegate us on saturday?

Edited by kevo_smfc

Getting some insight into the "inner workings" of the club isn't something that I personally expect in return for my hard earned cash! :lol:

As much as it pains me, oaksoft really does have a point... some folk need to get a grip!

The "plan" for next season will no doubt be to attempt to at least reach the play offs!

Wish they wid hurry up with the Season Ticket and Car Park renewal letters.

Money is burning a hole in my reinforced wallet.

Cannae wait for the new season.

The wee yin wants her new home Saints strip now.

I along with friends and family members have all never felt so disconnected with the club. The only peep we heard from the board is when they shat it pre-motherwell (or maybe the pressure of fans council ans smisa releasing statement) and asked us to come out in our numbers. That day we got embarassed on the park.

I agree with the OP, we are relegated and not an ounce of connection with the fans. Will they wait until its official whem killie relegate us on saturday?

Correct a lot of the fans are showing the same interest in the club as the players and BOD have in the fans.

I can hardly remember a Board of Directors speaking to the fans in the last 40 years.

Especially before Social Media.

GET DOWN TO NEW ST MIRREN PARK AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM.

WE'VE GOT TO COME BACK UP.

LET'S DO IT.

Edited by shull

I can hardly remember a Board of Directors speaking to the fans in the last 40 years.

Especially before Social Media.

GET DOWN TO NEW ST MIRREN PARK AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM.

WE'VE GOT TO COME BACK UP.

LET'S DO IT.

Did you get your weekly text from the board? 1eye.gif

I did. lol.gif

The last time they did make a public statement it gets torn to shreds, you couldnae make it up. bangin.gif

Did you get your weekly text from the board? 1eye.gif

I did. lol.gif

The last time they did make a public statement it gets torn to shreds, you couldnae make it up. bangin.gif

Naw, I didnae.

Nae email or phone call either.

Even if they came to my door, I wid take them aw in and listen to what they had to say, while they shared one of my teabags.

THEY ARE VERY NAUGHTY BOYS NOT SPEAKING TO THE FANS .lol.gif

WHIT A PISH THREAD !!! lol.gif