Lib Mp Carmichael, What A Cock

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS

Remember the furore in April about the leaked memo from the Scotland Office alleging First Minister Sturgeon told the French Ambassador she wanted Cameron to remain PM?

Turns out not only did Secretary of State Carmichael know it was fake, he was responsible for it.

He also knowingly covered this up, lied and allowed an inquiry costing £1.4 million to run during the election campaign so that he could get re-elected before the truth came out.

Remember the furore in April about the leaked memo from the Scotland Office alleging First Minister Sturgeon told the French Ambassador she wanted Cameron to remain PM?

Turns out not only did Secretary of State Carmichael know it was fake, he was responsible for it.

He also knowingly covered this up, lied and allowed an inquiry costing £1.4 million to run during the election campaign so that he could get re-elected before the truth came out.

I think your aptly chosen thread title sums him up nicely.

Hopefully his resignation will follow soon and we'll be up to 57.

Edited by FTOF

We as a country did not vote for independence, get over it. And stand by for the revelation of some SNP members of parliament being more than economical with the truth, they have chosen to be politicians after all and hiding the truth goes with the job.

Incidentally i am glad he has been exposed for this, hopefully all misdemeanours by elected members will be exposed (no chance)

Guest TPAFKATS

We as a country did not vote for independence, get over it. And stand by for the revelation of some SNP members of parliament being more than economical with the truth, they have chosen to be politicians after all and hiding the truth goes with the job.

Incidentally i am glad he has been exposed for this, hopefully all misdemeanours by elected members will be exposed (no chance)

Independence is irrelevant in this, you're the only one mentioning it.

This isn't simply about politicians not being honest with the public. I think everyone now accepts that they are at best economic with truth and avoid answers.

He won his seat by 3%, just over 800 votes while knowingly causing an international incident, lying about it during a period of purdah.

He should resign, irrespective of party politics and whoever wins a by election.

Everyone SNP supporter realizes the country didn't vote for independence and that we can't just have a referendum every six months until we get the correct result but that doesn't mean that supporters of the union get a free ticket for twenty years - IMO there are two current issues pertinent to the debate

• Alex Salmond's once in a generation promise - I reckon this was made in good faith but with the "Better Together" Alliance shattered has this good faith been reciprocated and will substantial extra powers be devolved as was promised?
  • Changing circumstances such as Cameron's renegotiation of our EEC contributions and the possible.referendum as well as the proposed changes to the Bill of Rights.

Now who knows what combination of events would be enough to seek a new referendum on independence, it's not top of the agenda currently but it shouldn't be completely off it.

On the subject of the thread - once yer caught you should face some sort of punishment, it's the reluctance to do this over the last coupla decades that is one of the main reasons why politics & politicians are currently held in low regard. Resign!

Edited by Bud the Baker

To me , the guy has always had the beingness of a greasy groper , no surprises about him . Danny Alexander was always far better at talking shite for that now , insignificant little "once was " of a political party. .

They have loved getting into bed with other parties for years , including the social democrats in 1988 . Getting into bed with the Tories 5yrs ago was there undoing , the kind of thing that marred , another party that were quite big , once. .

Everyone SNP supporter realizes the country didn't vote for independence and that we can't just have a referendum every six months until we get the correct result but that doesn't mean that supporters of the union get a free ticket for twenty years - IMO there are two current issues pertinent to the debate

• Alex Salmond's once in a generation promise - I reckon this was made in good faith but with the "Better Together" Alliance shattered the has this good faith been reciprocated and will substantial extra powers be devolved as was promised?
  • Changing circumstances such as how Cameron's renegotiation of our EEC contributions and the possible.referendum as well as the proposed changes to the Bill of Rights.

Now who knows what combination of events would be enough to seek a new referendum on independence, it's not top of the agenda currently but it shouldn't be completely off it.

On the subject of the thread - once yer caught you should face some sort of punishment, it's the reluctance to do this over the last coupla decades that is one of the main reasons why politics & politicians are currently held in low regard. Resign!

You are right. Once you've been caught lying you should resign.

Salmond was caught lying over the "advice" he'd been given about Scotlands EU Membership before the referendum. He wasted taxpayers money trying to cover up his lies too. Odious f**ker. I hope in this sudden burst of morality by the SNP we see the rush to ensure that justice is applied equally throughout the house and that Salmond gives up his Gordon seat too. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

You are right. Once you've been caught lying you should resign.

Salmond was caught lying over the "advice" he'd been given about Scotlands EU Membership before the referendum. He wasted taxpayers money trying to cover up his lies too. Odious f**ker. I hope in this sudden burst of morality by the SNP we see the rush to ensure that justice is applied equally throughout the house and that Salmond gives up his Gordon seat too. rolleyes.gif

As I'm sure you know he was cleared by an enquiry. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

The SNP said prior to the UK General Election that if Scots voted for them we wouldn't get a Conservative Government. They claimed that a vote for the SNP would end child poverty. Considering so many Scots did vote for the SNP can you let us all know how they are getting on with those two pledges? I hope they didn't lie cause if they did under this new found morality that Nationalists appear to have found long after their campaigns ended, I'd presume they'd all have to resign en-masse. :rolleyes:

Carmichael did us all a favour.

He was quite right to expose the fact that Sturgeon preferred Cameron as prime minister than Milliband.

We all know that Sturgeon *really* did say it. whistling.gif

Even if she did the Scottish Electorate backed her party. Does this still wrankle?

The SNP said prior to the UK General Election that if Scots voted for them we wouldn't get a Conservative Government. They claimed that a vote for the SNP would end child poverty. Considering so many Scots did vote for the SNP can you let us all know how they are getting on with those two pledges? I hope they didn't lie cause if they did under this new found morality that Nationalists appear to have found long after their campaigns ended, I'd presume they'd all have to resign en-masse. :rolleyes:

Relevance Mr Dickson? Should the proven liar and MP for Orkney and Shetland resign? Yes or No?