What's Your Phobia?

FTOF

Currently watching a SKY1 programme about curing phobias.

Tonight it's arachnophobics they're trying to cure.

I have laughed out loud at some of the individuals reactions to the spiders; the tiny ones in particular. I know it's unfeeling, but I couldn't help it.sorry.gif

I can certainly understand their fear of potentially harmful spiders. Don't think I'd be to keen to stay in the vicinity of a black widow.

My main phobia is probably claustrophobia to a certain degree. Mostly in relation to potholing, when you see these spelunkers squeezing through tiny openings to get deeper into the caves. Even seeing them doing that on TV makes me very uncomfortable.

Anyway.

Anybody else got an irrational fear of anything?

Feel free to intersperse the replies with the occasional sensible answer, amongst the inevitable nonsense, smartarse ones.rolleyes.gif

Edited by FTOF

Currently watching a C4 programme about curing phobias.

Tonight it's arachnophobics they're trying to cure.

I have laughed out loud at some of the individuals reactions to the spiders; the tiny ones in particular. I know it's unfeeling, but I couldn't help it.sorry.gif

I can certainly understand their fear of potentially harmful spiders. Don't think I'd be to keen to stay in the vicinity of a black widow.

My main phobia is probably claustrophobia to a certain degree. Mostly in relation to potholing, when you see these spelunkers squeezing through tiny openings to get deeper into the caves. Even seeing them doing that on TV makes me very uncomfortable.

Anyway.

Anybody else got an irrational fear of anything?

Feel free to intersperse the replies with the occasional sensible answer, amongst the inevitable nonsense, smartarse ones.rolleyes.gif

I'm going straight for the smart arse answer..........................anything to do with Celtic. thumbup2.gif

Do I win a prize? clap.gif

Heights for me. Cannot even watch those freaky people on TV who climb tall structures and then find it fun to hang 300 feet up looking down. My stomach freaks out. Even a show where people stand and look over a skyscraper, e.g cop shows, is unwatchable.

Edited by nedflanders123

Clowns. They make my skin crawl.

'It' style creepy clowns don't bother me at all, it's the standard circus / children's entertainer types that make me squirm.

It's apparently a fairly common issue and is called coulrophobia.