Paul Mcmullan

St Mirren have signed Paul McMullan on loan from Celtic.

The 19-year-old, who is a product of the Celtic Park youth set-up, has signed on loan until the end of the season.

Last season Paul played with Celtic’s Development League side as well as being on loan to Stenhousemuir over the second half of the season where he made 19 appearances and scored 3 goals. He was also part of the side who won last season’s Scottish FA Youth Cup.

Paul has also played for Celtic in the UEFA Youth League where he impressed against some top European sides. He has played up front in the various youth levels at Celtic but he has also impressed playing as a winger.

Paul and St Mirren manager Ian Murray will be at Paisley Museum at 1:00pm today for a press conference and to promote the ‘Back of the Net’ St Mirren exhibition.

Hope he does as well as the last three lads we had on loan from Celtic.

Had a successful loan spell with Stenhousemuir last season and came on as a sub the other night for the first team. Can play as a winger or striker and is rapid. Him and Morgan on the wings could be a joy to watch, 2 pacey young wingers not scared to beat a man and put in a cross, a fit Thommo could score a few tap ins next season by just being in the right place.

Looks like a good signing. Stenny fans raved about him as being too good for League 1, so imagine he will do fine in the Championship.

The squad was crying out for some pace and quality on the flanks so glad Murray has addressed this.

Now we need someone to play on the left... Carey please!

Team looking a bit like....

Ridgers

Naismith

Baird

Goodwin

Kelly

Carswell

Mallan

Agnew

McMullan

Thompson

Gow/Morgan

Not bad.

Experience in defence is an area that could be doing with addressing. Otherwise, we're getting there.

A fit Saunders would be good, but I'm not convinced that it is a gamble worth taking as things stand. Carey would be a great capture, but I suspect he might go to the likes of Hamilton or Dundee, and will (quite reasonably) be holding out for a top league club. In saying that, I reckon we would be a good fit for him.

ETA - any further noises on the goalkeeper front?

Edited by Drew

Ideally I think we need two versatile and experienced defenders. Two out of Steve Saunders, Gary Miller and David Barron would do.

A left sided player who can cover left back - again Carey ideal. I can't see him getting another top flight club but can understand him holding out for one. At the end of the day he was released by Ross County who were rubbish in that league last season. Think if we do get him it won't be till August, when he realises he won't be getting any better offers.

Those 3 and a goalie player/coach. That will be the 5 or 6 that Murray said we will be bringing in on the radio last week.

We need another couple of defenders at least.

Think we also need another out and out striker.

At the moment, Thompson is our only out and out striker. We need another to partner / cover / compete with.

Losing Thompson last season was a disaster and he's another year older now.

If we can sign players for these 3 positions then we'll have a decent squad.

Edited by nosferatu

We need another couple of defenders at least.

Think we also need another out and out striker.

At the moment, Thompson is our only out and out striker. We need another to partner / cover / compete with.

I know it seems daft because they scored so few goals for us, but just having the likes of Sam Parkin or even Jim Hamilton on the bench was reassuring - even if it meant we had a target man to give Thommo a rest for the last 20 of a game.

Someone like that (but not them) would be ideal, IMO.