Saints In The Museum

Just popped up to see the saints exhibition in the museum. Quite good stuff in it. Got me thinking about things I had and lost. I remember an old uncle giving me 2 pull outs on the 59 cup win from the PDE in the early eighties. I remember sticking them in my Saints scrapbook, but don't know what happened to it. I have never saw another one. Some cracking old scarves and tops too.

This was Uncle Tom (Tom Workman) who did the PA in the 80's and early 90's.

I used to pop along and help him collect half time scores and bus announcements pre mobile phones and sky sports news.

I loved it!

The attached story sums up my uncle Tom.

He also did the infamous 'McNamara's band' joke when Hibs came to town in the 80's and faced the wrath of an unhappy McNamara senior who had some lengthy footballing ban at the time.

post-1400-14359526848287_thumb.jpg

W

This was Uncle Tom (Tom Workman) who did the PA in the 80's and early 90's.

I used to pop along and help him collect half time scores and bus announcements pre mobile phones and sky sports news.

I loved it!

The attached story sums up my uncle Tom.

He also did the infamous 'McNamara's band' joke when Hibs came to town in the 80's and faced the wrath of an unhappy McNamara senior who had some lengthy footballing ban at the time.

A great man! Used to commentate for the Blind Party along with my dad at the back of the Main Stand at Love Street. He inflicted many a Doris Day song upon the faithful (he was a great fan of hers :-() but was a great St Mirren fan and character nevertheless, and is sadly missed.

I'll see my dad tomorrow Mr Zo, and will show him this.

Edited by Edinbuddie