Tories Get It Badly Wrong Again.

Callum Gilhooley

Yeah immigration is out of control. This has been caused in part by our hugely successful economy enticing more people to move here, and less people to leave.

That particular target is a victim of the governments success in other areas.

Immigration is a very touchy subject at the best of times. My gripe in the op isn`t necessarily the amount of immigrants although i do believe that the number is way to high.Its the fact that the Government have failed to act on one of their key policies from 4 years ago.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Yeah immigration is out of control. This has been caused in part by our hugely successful economy enticing more people to move here, and less people to leave.

That particular target is a victim of the governments success in other areas.

Dimwit.

Its caused by imperialist and unionist destroying countries at will. No Syrian ever grew up dreaming of living in Greenock.

Dimwit.

Its caused by imperialist and unionist destroying countries at will. No Syrian ever grew up dreaming of living in Greenock.

Imperialist and unionist destroyed Syria?

I suggest you go read up on that, dimwit :lol:

Most immigrants aren't seeking asylum either.

I suggest you go read up on that, dimwit lol.gif:

It's always interesting to read the Natsi spin on every story - especially when the ONS figures prove them wrong at every turn. Take the asylum seeker figures for example. "The largest number of asylum seekers came from Eritrea (3,568) followed by Pakistan (2,302)". Strange huh? If I was to believe the Natsi claims on this I would have expected the majority to have come from Iraq or from Afghanistan. Never mind, maybe it's all a BBC conspiracy and it's their fault the UK invasion of Eritrea and Pakistan was never reported. rolleyes.gif

The ONS figures also show that the most significant increase in the last twelve months came from EU countries backing Nigel Farage's claims that the UK Government is hamstrung whilst the EU continues to insist on freedom of movement in member countries. Farage also predicted a huge influx of Bulgarians and Romanians and whilst everyone laughed at him with that influx failed to happen on the first day the ONS figures show that 53,000 of the immigrants in these figures came from those two countries - significantly higher than from anywhere else. Maybe Farage isn't such a clown after all rolleyes.gif

As for my views on the story, yeah I think it's shameful when a government doesn't keep it's pledges and David Cameron has certainly failed on this election pledge. No doubt he'll be judged on it in the months to come and it'll be interesting to see how that plays out when it comes to the EU Referendum. Immigration isn't a hot topic for me though. So long as those coming into the country are committed to work for their living I'd be delighted to welcome immigrants in without any problem at all. It would be good if we could ease the pressure on our public services by running some sort of transfer scheme were we get to swap a hard working immigrant for a lazy benefit scrounger but it appears that might affect their human rights or something....:rolleyes:

It's also interesting to see Natsi's lining up to have a go at the government over these figures. After all Alex Salmond was on record saying that Scotland needed huge levels of immigration to keep Scotland going. You'd think they'd be welcoming these figures with wild celebrations instead of berating David Cameron for delivering exactly what the SNP asked for.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It's always interesting to read the Natsi spin on every story - especially when the ONS figures prove them wrong at every turn. Take the asylum seeker figures for example. "The largest number of asylum seekers came from Eritrea (3,568) followed by Pakistan (2,302)". Strange huh? If I was to believe the Natsi claims on this I would have expected the majority to have come from Iraq or from Afghanistan. Never mind, maybe it's all a BBC conspiracy and it's their fault the UK invasion of Eritrea and Pakistan was never reported. rolleyes.gif

The ONS figures also show that the most significant increase in the last twelve months came from EU countries backing Nigel Farage's claims that the UK Government is hamstrung whilst the EU continues to insist on freedom of movement in member countries. Farage also predicted a huge influx of Bulgarians and Romanians and whilst everyone laughed at him with that influx failed to happen on the first day the ONS figures show that 53,000 of the immigrants in these figures came from those two countries - significantly higher than from anywhere else. Maybe Farage isn't such a clown after all rolleyes.gif

As for my views on the story, yeah I think it's shameful when a government doesn't keep it's pledges and David Cameron has certainly failed on this election pledge. No doubt he'll be judged on it in the months to come and it'll be interesting to see how that plays out when it comes to the EU Referendum. Immigration isn't a hot topic for me though. So long as those coming into the country are committed to work for their living I'd be delighted to welcome immigrants in without any problem at all. It would be good if we could ease the pressure on our public services by running some sort of transfer scheme were we get to swap a hard working immigrant for a lazy benefit scrounger but it appears that might affect their human rights or something....:rolleyes:

It's also interesting to see Natsi's lining up to have a go at the government over these figures. After all Alex Salmond was on record saying that Scotland needed huge levels of immigration to keep Scotland going. You'd think they'd be welcoming these figures with wild celebrations instead of berating David Cameron for delivering exactly what the SNP asked for.

just watched a programme on treblinca..your very clever use of the natzi and nationlist combination is very clever..thank goodness these places exist so you can use this very clever combination of words..I must raise my arm to your wit..

Edited by strummer

How long before Stupid Dickson blames this on the SNP !! 1eye.gif

About 10 hours? Hard to tell precisely using the app.

I just checked the lying bigots figures.

Since we were involved in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, guess where the majority of asylum seekers were from?

And seeing how these figures are checkable, I'm accepting only answers from trustworthy folk who don't lie about going to lawyers.

Source?

I quoted mine - the ONS report published this week. In the last twelve months the largest number of asylum seekers came from Eritrea and Pakistan.

Eh, I ask folk to answer a simple question and a simpleton asks for a source.

You couldn't make it up, well he regularly does.

So while we're on the subject of sources. Can you supply the source for the oil price you quoted over a year ago?

You claim to have checked the figures. Fact is Afghanistan is 8th on the list and Iraq doesn't make the top 15. I know the facts don't fit with your Natsi agenda but we have far more asylum seekers from Albania, Syria and Sudan than we do from countries you claim we invaded. Edited by Stuart Dickson

able 1 - Top ten nationalities, UK asylum applicants, 2014

Country Number of applicants Share of total

Eritrea 3,239 13.0%

Pakistan 2,711 10.9%

Syria 2,081 8.4%

Iran 2,011 8.1%

Albania 1,576 6.3%

Sudan 1,449 5.8%

Sri Lanka 1,282 5.1%

Afghanistan 1,136 4.6%

Nigeria 875 3.5%

Bangladesh 742 3.0%

Source: Home Office, Immigration Statistics Table as.01
Edited by Stuart Dickson

I have checked the figures to the question I asked. I don't need to lie unlike yourself.

I also knew you'd try and answer without any success and not answer any simple question as clearly asked.

We all know why you don't answer. Its simple, a big bit like yourself. Your a liar.

What does you lawyer say about that accusation?

I like your scatter gun deflection approach. You and your Natsi pals have f**ked up in your insinuations about the causes of immigration to the UK, the statistics have blown that right out of the water. So now you move on to Oil prices - at a level where Sir Ian Wood (oft quoted SNP Supporter) says makes North Sea oil extraction unsustainable - and some bollocks about my lawyer.

I suggest you go read up on that, dimwit lol.gif:

WGAS. As long as these people from Syria don't expect us to pick up their expenses tab for having their moats cleaned they are likely to be more beneficial to our country than half the Tory party.