More Signings Before Deadline?

Er, is he not talking about Webster?

I dont think he is. He mentions players being shunted out of their clubs playing squads at the last moments and scrambling for moves.

I would imagine the budget is all but depleted. That being said, if there's any more to be squeezed out, then hopefully he signs us a little more cover for the attacking midfield areas.

One thing you can always be certain of in football is never be certain about anything !

Guess there remains a chance we might be able to bring someone else in but personally I can't see it.

I reckon the injury to Carswell will have scuppered any notion of Jim moving on in this window.

One thing you can always be certain of in football is never be certain about anything !

Guess there remains a chance we might be able to bring someone else in but personally I can't see it.

I reckon the injury to Carswell will have scuppered any notion of Jim moving on in this window.

I happen to think this is good for us....................time will tell.

I dont think he is. He mentions players being shunted out of their clubs playing squads at the last moments and scrambling for moves.

I would imagine the budget is all but depleted. That being said, if there's any more to be squeezed out, then hopefully he signs us a little more cover for the attacking midfield areas.

Do you think he`s referring to Gow ? whistling.gif

Surely releasing conlan back to burnley early would free some funds don't think he's good enough for this level and we have kelly and Stewart for left back now

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Conlan. Why not just get off the lad's back while he remains a Saints player.

Edited by Drew

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Conlan. Why not just get off the lad's back while he remains a Saints player.

it's a forum not Luke conlans personal email I'm posting on.

Il support the guy every time he's out playing in a saints top but my opinion is he isn't good enough for us and I want the club to be doing the best it can.

Do you think he is good enough?

Il support the guy every time he's out playing in a saints top but my opinion is he isn't good enough for us and I want the club to be doing the best it can.

Perhaps it is better to let him try and build up some confidence with an extended run in the side. Punting the guy so early would really set him back.

Might benefit playing in the same defence as Webster with Langfield helping talk him through games.

Perhaps it is better to let him try and build up some confidence with an extended run in the side. Punting the guy so early would really set him back.

Might benefit playing in the same defence as Webster with Langfield helping talk him through games.

has he not had an extended run in the team?

I'd rather Jordan Stewart and kelly got the benefit from playing alongside Webster they are our players

Every other post you make is about Conlan.

I have no idea if he is good enough, as it is far too early to make a judgement.

Edited by Drew

My main concern was going forward against morton neither Conlon or Howieson had a clue as to how to beat their man going forward and kept going backwards

Every other post you make is about Conlan.

I have no idea if he is good enough, as it is far too early to make a judgement.

if I post about conlan it's about Kelly and Stewart imo are ahead of him for left back position.

Think I've seen him in about 7 games this year pre season included is that not enough for me to make an opinion?

I hope the boy proves me wrong and goes to do great if he gets back in the team.

But what I've seen of him I don't think he is better than Stewart and don't want to see him lose out in an opportunity to progress

Edited by buddies1877

if I post about conlan it's about Kelly and Stewart imo are ahead of him for left back position.

Think I've seen him in about 7 games this year pre season included is that not enough for me to make an opinion?

I hope the boy proves me wrong and goes to do great if he gets back in the team.

But what I've seen of him I don't think he is better than Stewart and don't want to see him lose out in an opportunity to progress

Stewart is probably ahead of Conlan now which is fair do's given what I had seen of him on Tuesday. What's pissing me off is that sections of the crowd have targeted him as a convenient scapegoat when things go tits up.

Stewart is probably ahead of Conlan now which is fair do's given what I had seen of him on Tuesday. What's pissing me off is that sections of the crowd have targeted him as a convenient scapegoat when things go tits up.

isn't that the always st.Mirren way....whistling.gif

My main concern was going forward against morton neither Conlon or Howieson had a clue as to how to beat their man going forward and kept going backwards

Conlan and Howieson clearly don't compliment each other when they're both on the left as neither are very strong defensively and to that end I wouldn't play them together. They are both still learning their trade though, Luke especially.

Similarly, Cuddihy on the opposite side is still at the stage where he clearly isn't as ready for first team football as we'd perhaps like him to be, but will certainly improve and looks like a decent prospect. Young Jordan though, looked at both Annan and against Livi like he's further on in terms of development than anyone.

Edited by djchapsticks