Romance Is Not Dead

buddiecat

Booked a 2 night city break in Inverness, Her indoors is always saying she has not seen enough of Scotland and is maybe a wee bit jealous that i have seen around 90% of it through work and following St Mirren FC, so as a treat for putting up with my almost twice weekly meetings with SMISA in our bid to bring our club ownership into our own fans hands and my fortnightly trips to away games we are off to the Royal Highland Hotel. Not sure she has realised that this involves getting off the bus, heading over the bouncy bridge into town, having 3 or 4 beers and a packet of crisps, heading back over the bouncy bridge and stamping over it instead of walking normally ( puts the fear of god into the normal tourists when the bridge bounces up and down by about 2 or 3 inches) then entering the supporters club, downing 3 or 4 more beers (and a burger and or chips with curry sauce) and scratching our heads as to why they have photo's of Ally McCoist adorning the walls in an Inverness supporters club, then heading off to the football stadium on the bus,attempting to walk in a straight line when getting off the bus and into the stadium (to avoid the unwelcome attention of the local SS) then moaning like feck for 45 minutes, having 2 pies and a Bovril, moaning for another 45 minutes, getting back on the bus for a 4 hour journey to Paisley (listening to the mutterings of inebriated disgruntled football fans for the duration of the journey, interspersed with some singing - in a pub singer style) Then arriving back in good old Paisley to have a few more beers then off home to a dried out dinner straight from the oven, and then SLEEP. It has always been her ambition though - so who am i to deny her this unique experience.

Let me know when you are coming up Peter.......

So I can make sure I''m no in !!!!!!

Seriously,enjoy your wee break........Bring a brolly.....

23rd - 25th September Gerry, anything that gets me away from SMP is now considered a blessing by me.

As for the reference to a match day experience for her indoors - it is based on every trip i have made to Inverness for football reasons, just having a laugh on that aspect, she would never consider going to a game after her experiences of how it affects me when we underperform.