No Ambition. And A Fool As Manager.

Kemp

This reminds me, as I have said several times already, of the Jimmy Bone era.

Most of the "happy clappers" as they are known on this forum are too young to remember the 90s. The "five year plan" under Jimmy Bone which resulted in ten years of misery.

I've had enough of the "we are rebuilding in this league" gang and I am calling them a cancer on our club.

I was a big supporter of Murray and Spalding coming in. Looked like a great decision. I was wrong, they do not have a f**king clue. They have a top league level squad and cant beat Dumbarton, Morton or Livingston.

Time for the support to show some f**king ambition. 2 months to sort this shambles out or get these jokers out of town. I really do not want to go through the 90s again!!

Frankly, the negativity is understandable. As I mentioned in another post, neither Murray or Spalding have had to sit through a shocking home record season after season, through rain, hail or snow. We turned up, every week. The throwing away of leads, an inability to score leading to becoming Britain's lowest scoring senior side? One of British football's worst home records? A statistics column that read something like LLLDLLDLWDLLLL.... ZZZzzzz?

Being out-fought by opponents like Accies. Outplayed by opponents coming up from lower leagues like Partick and Dundee. Being tactically pished all over by the likes of Yogi Hughes. Clueless formations, desperate substitutions, grim viewing....

Hasn't improved from those days Ian - not one iota. So far.

Can only speak for myself, I predicted a fifth finish, so I don't want miracles - I just want us to be a professionally run, solid looking St Mirren who can hold their own, win at home FFS, and look like there's a plan, a pattern of play, and everyone knows what they're doing. So far, all I'm seeing is the same old Tommy Craig shite.

Not nearly fcuking good enough!

you can't "build for the future" with loanees, over 30's and most of your players on 2 year or less contracts

No that is the reality of being a diddy team in 2015. You can't afford to have players like Baillie & Manley (amongst many others in 1992/93) or McGarry, Roy & Yardley (who all had to be loaned out in 2001/02) on hefty long term contracts.

IM will have to grasp the nettle that to win games you need to take chances and that St. Mirren have slightly higher ambitions and targets than Dumbarton.

That means two upfront against every team in this division with the exception of Newco & Hibs. The honeymoon is over.............

Edited by Bud the Baker

No that is the reality of being a diddy team in 2015. You can't afford to have players like Baillie & Manley (amongst many others in 1992/93) or McGarry, Roy & Yardley (who all had to be loaned out in 2001/02) on hefty long term contracts.

IM will have to grasp the nettle that to win games you need to take chances and that St. Mirren have slightly higher ambitions and targets than Dumbarton.

That means two upfront against every team in this division with the exception of Newco & Hibs. The honeymoon is over.............

but you can sign players for the here and now, as most of our competitors have.

too many kids and old guys with not much in between, but a 6 month contract? We have to be better than a 70% rebuild or more every close season. That is down to policy, or the lack thereof.

but you can sign players for the here and now, as most of our competitors have.

too many kids and old guys with not much in between, but a 6 month contract? We have to be better than a 70% rebuild or more every close season. That is down to policy, or the lack thereof.

Yup, but in the absynthe of a rich benefactor like the Toothrotter at Morton or going into debt like Livingston are again (there's a court case going on with an ex-director currently) what is the option? Other than Thompson we don't have any really senior guys, a few in the 30-35-y-o range but while it's not ideal I still think it's par (sic) for the course for a diddy team in 2015.

I will go on record right now and say we will be in a relegation play off .I stopped going after I attended the Hamilton and Dundee games at the start of last season because i could see we were going to be in big trouble . I have been to the Berwick and Livy game yesterday and that is the last game for me we are even worse the crowd was down 800 on the Dumbarton game that tells a big story and its going to get a lot lower before long people will only put up with so much getting the piss taken out of them and that is what has happened to the poor sods who bought season tickets

I'm glad I was out last night and didn't trouble myself reading the tear-stained shite on here.

What a shower of greetin' faced arseholes our 'support' consists of. I'm no 'happy clapper', but thread after thread of doom laden slabbering is tedious in the extreme. We have no divine right to win, and sometimes supporting your club is about having to take a deep breath and seeing out the stormy waters.

Get a f**king grip, people.

Pathetic.

I will go on record right now and say we will be in a relegation play off .I stopped going after I attended the Hamilton and Dundee games at the start of last season because i could see we were going to be in big trouble . I have been to the Berwick and Livy game yesterday and that is the last game for me we are even worse the crowd was down 800 on the Dumbarton game that tells a big story and its going to get a lot lower before long people will only put up with so much getting the piss taken out of them and that is what has happened to the poor sods who bought season tickets

I am not a poor sod..

I'll be back for the Falkirk match.

Cannae wait and hoping for the best, not demanding or expecting the best.

I'm glad I was out last night and didn't trouble myself reading the tear-stained shite on here.

What a shower of greetin' faced arseholes our 'support' consists of. I'm no 'happy clapper', but thread after thread of doom laden slabbering is tedious in the extreme. We have no divine right to win, and sometimes supporting your club is about having to take a deep breath and seeing out the stormy waters.

Pathetic.

You consider the current state of affairs acceptable then?

Pathetic.

I agree with your sentiments.

However, I fully expected yesterday to be the turning point in the season. To give a team a real doing and announce that we are finally here. The first three minutes was exactly that...what followed fully disappointed and I guess that's where the problem lies.

You consider the current state of affairs acceptable then?

Acceptable?

What isn't acceptable is people suffocating in lorries and drowning in the Mediterranean.

What we are experiencing at St Mirren just now is a bit shite, but let's get some perspective here. Supporting your club is about ACCEPTING that it won't always be winning and happy Saturday nights. Folk follow clubs like East Fife and Queens Park, knowing that they will seldom, if ever, challenge for honours, but they turn up week after week because it matters to them. We are at a point in our history where we might just need to accept that it will be a struggle to get points on the board. That's what accepting is about.

I want us to do better, of course, but while we are struggling, I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram. Anyone who thought we would be relegated and bounce straight back is utterly delusional.

This is a new phase in the club's history. If you can't accept that, my advice is to find a new pastime.

Edited by Drew

Acceptable?

What isn't acceptable is people suffocating in lorries and drowning in the Mediterranean.

What we are experiencing at St Mirren just now is a bit shite, but let's get some perspective here. Supporting your club is about ACCEPTING that it won't always be winning and happy Saturday nights. Folk follow clubs like East Fife and Queens Park, knowing that they will seldom, if ever, challenge for honours, but they turn up week after week because it matters to them. We are at a point in our history where we might just need to accept that it will be a struggle to get points on the board. That's what accepting is about.

I want us to do better, of course, but while we are struggling, I'm not going to throw the toys out the pram. Anyone who thought we would be relegated and bounce straight back is utterly delusional.

This is a new phase in the club's history. If you can't accept that, my advice is to find a new pastime.

I suspect many will be getting a new past time which is the worry mate

Have you ever considered working in the clubs PR department?

...that would have been a great tagline for selling the season ticket books.

Not sure why you are going on about the migrant crisis. This is a St Mirren supporters forum, seems like as good a place as any to let off some steam about the current state of the St Mirren team.