Murray... Most Unpopular?

I just wondered given the now, belated, but universal call to get rid... Has there been a previous Saints manager that so many agreed should go???

I think Hay falls into this category as most of the recent protaganists had at least some backers up till they went.

What's the matter, you not like Murray.

Even some diehards still liked Tommy Craig which was surprising but they are not saying the same about Ian Murray.

I have never know a St Mirren manager to be as unpopular, if we lose tonight then he has to be sacked, I was told he was being sacked yesterday by a source but this didn't happen unfortunately.

Jimmy Bone's Black and White Army.

We gave the Legend a fair crack at it.

Eventually it had to be..

BONE MUST GO!!!!

Jimmy, no wee Alex.

He was unlucky. He gave 100%.

Scored plenty for every other Club.

Shame.

I just wondered given the now, belated, but universal call to get rid... Has there been a previous Saints manager that so many agreed should go???

I think Hay falls into this category as most of the recent protaganists had at least some backers up till they went.

I assume you are around 9 years old and not experienced too many managers.

Let it go son.

Even some diehards still liked Tommy Craig which was surprising but they are not saying the same about Ian Murray.

I have never know a St Mirren manager to be as unpopular, if we lose tonight then he has to be sacked, I was told he was being sacked yesterday by a source but this didn't happen unfortunately.

Bob... A wee tip whilst nae body is looking. If you go with that prediction everyday eventually..... Well you are a smart cookie, you'll work it out!

Tony Fitzpatrick was absolutely clueless as a manager...

............but he wasn't unpopular. Even when we lost at Aberdeen I think, the fans still didn't get on his back. IIRC Fitzy decided to go because he felt the club could do better with someone else.....................how many managers since have put the club first.

Thing is though, I genuinely think Murray has better players at his disposal than Coughlin did. Being freshly relegated would suggest we would be one of the teams competing at the top end this season also.

Possibly but the football under Coughlan was worse than even Murray's mob have produced (so far). Shul has obviously blotted out the post Hendrie era totally with his usual selective memory I see.

Eta just checked 2002\2003 results Jesus wept we lost 4 or more goals on EIGHT occasions that season alone under Coughlan !!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Possibly but the football under Coughlan was worse than even Murray's mob have produced (so far). Shul has obviously blotted out the post Hendrie era totally with his usual selective memory I see.

Eta just checked 2002\2003 results Jesus wept we lost 4 or more goals on EIGHT occasions that season alone under Coughlan !!!

Dinnae check, just forget.

Difference is we were playing young players not ready and not good enough. We were crippled with debt.

This time we have one of the highest wage budgets, a good squad on paper, excellent facilities...

Don't think you can compare.

I think the word Legend is every slightly over used oh Shull the mighty. I mean wtf did Jimmy Bone do for us bar that scarey goal against Aberdeen. He was a FB and lets forgot managed a 7-0 defeat at Starks which I went to. Now that was pish.

Thing I don't like about Murray is he always manages to try a positive spin on disaster.

Got young Allan McGraw next to me- Yes I will kick him- he says its pretty sad where we are, now coming from a smelly bast"rd thtas worrying, Murray still says, eh top 4, this is the start, and things are ok. Alright yes we are having a far better season than Dumbarton- not. Honestlty how easy must it be to impress our BOD at interview

Jimmy Bone was a fantastic St Mirren player. A perfect foil for all the young players at the time, just like Copland when he was signed to help the young Furies.

And Jimmy was the Assistant in 1987.

Legend

Edited by shull

Whatever you post on here about Murray and his unpopularity, our BOD,s will not take any heed. It is after all only the majority of St.Mirren supporters that want him to go. I liked many hoped you were right Flareybob and Murray would be sacked.

I have watched Saints from the early 60,s and their has certainly been a few dire managers that played teams that were uninspiring to see the least, but in my opinion their has never been a St.Mirren manager as poor and as unpopular as Murray, plus you have got to take into consideration the facilities that were not available to the other crap Managers.

ffs,,,,,,give the guy a chance to get us relegated first,before we sack him............whistling.gif