Tommo And Mcmullan

Lex Luther

And my answer would be naw. McMullan has ability but runs into defenders, lies too deep, and never tracks back. And without decent wingers Thommo is ineffective.

However as our only tactic is boot the ball as far up the park as you can then Shankland and Gallagher will be redundant as usual. We only score from set pieces so maybe adopt the Craig Levein system and do not bother with forwards and hope Wee Stevie gets a chance from 30 yards out. :)

To be fair the problem is the team getting the passes Into the box which they are not achieving

Week in week out the midfield goes missing so the strikers are feeding off scraps. I cannot bear to watch another game punting the high ball it's embarrassing . My opinion on these two as our strike force confirms another day of high balls. The defence seems to be getting off lightly with our recent performances . I've watched it for months now if it's not getting booted high it's getting headed high. Are these players not clever enough to know when they have time to control a ball and take a touch then pass . This is because nobody wants the bloody thing cause they're terrified to make a mistake so punt it right up the park as far as you can make someone else het for it it's like playing tig with a ball total disgrace.

Rant over I'm going for ma Friday pint ????

I would try Howieson just behind Gallagher, in a really high pressing supporting role, like McLean used to do.

But there is zero point in playing any combination if we're not going to play ball to feet and get good service to the front men.

Edited by ulysses

This duo would not be my choice, although to be fair I would struggle to know which front players should start. McMullan has certainly got pace however in my opinion he comes across as a greedy sort of player even when he could lay the ball off to another player better placed he does not do so. He also fails to use this pace and win the ball back when on the numerous occasions he loses the ball, having said that perhaps its his style of play which is incompatible to the St.Mirren style of play (Nobody does know what, if any, style of football we do play at the moment and that includes Mr Ian "arrogant " Murray), his play in my opinion is similar to that of Greg Wyldes, albeit McMullan is certainly more pacy, who has been a good acquisition for Plymouth Argyle.

Thommo is one of the few players passionate in his play for St.Mirren although he is probably having his worst season for us, I think he knows that the rubbish style of football we are playing combined with his age and the injuries he has sustained over his career has all but finished his career earlier than he thought, although I respect the man very much and would be happy to call him a legend but their is no room for sentimentality in football. Any appearance's he makes for us this season, which I see as his last, will be minimal and from the substitutes bench.

To end, I really cannot see much, if any change, to the team that played against Raith Rovers in midweek.

I would try Howieson just behind Gallagher, in a really high pressing supporting role, like McLean used to do.

But there is zero point in playing any combination if we're not going to play ball to feet and get good service to the front men.

Howieson will be too tired to play tomorrow.... Just seen him racing his dog in the park. That is no joke, he lives round the corner from me.

Its a bit harsh to say Thommo is finished when he has been asked to play the lone striker role all season.

Stick him up front with Gallagher, play him as a target man and let the youngster do the running. Thommo at least knows the way to goal, give him the chances Shankland had against Morton and he will bury them.

I don't think Thommo is finished I think he can still score goals in the first division!

I think like the fans he's pretty frustrated... He's in a team who has just been relegated and he's played upfront on his own Goody aside no one to help him from midfield!

Murrays tactics and squad selections are why we are not getting the most out of our striker's.

We are a team who should be playing 2 up front and attacking teams week in week out yet we end up sitting back against part time teams and shit teams!

Whats more Murrays team selections get more bizarre the more the season goes on as do his tactics!

Andy Webster is better than he is showing at St.Mirren as is Thommo and many other senior pros at the club!

No blame Murray for these player's short comings his inability to get the best out of senior or youth player's his inability to Field an attacking team with 2 upfront in a league he claims he can get to playoffs in!

The team don't look hungry or motivated they don't look like they enjoy playing for Ian Murray they don't even look fit!

Webster,Watson,Thommo, Shankland, McMullan, and Gallagher are better than what they are showing!

I thought the Board had made a good appointment in Ian Murray the fans have gave him time.. The Board have gave him support. Yet instead of getting better we are getting worse!

Take Ibrox today for example 1-0 down at half time and he puts Gallagher outwide and brings on Morgan?

Given the fact Agnew did nothing today a part from give away goals and passes why not take him off and play either Thommo or Shankland upfront along with Gallagher? Why Morgan no disrespect intended!

Time to get rid off Murray first before I right off Thommo or any other player at the club!