We Need Gus Macpherson

shull

As our new Manager.

And we need him now.

He should be in charge of us for the Queen of the South Match.

Go get him, Mr Gilmour.

Our saviour, the legend that is Wee Baldy.

COYS

Never in a million years if Mr Gilmour is still with the club

We do need his type though

No nonsense,knows what he wants and what's required

I can see why you would want Gus back, personally I would prefer Danny and I'm sure Tedious Tom wants Hendrie, Hendrie Indeed, but I think it's best to let the past stay in the past. The next manager should be motivational, increase fitness and stamina, and encourage a quick passing game, pressing high up the pitch. I don't care if he's Scottish or not or if I've heard of him or not.

As our new Manager.

And we need him now.

He should be in charge of us for the Queen of the South Match.

Go get him, Mr Gilmour.

Our saviour, the legend that is Wee Baldy.

COYS

Why is Murray not mentioned in the title?

Apart from that this is an excellent post. We were in this exact position before Gus was appointed and led us to a sustained period in the top flight.

We just need somebody

We need a hero

We are holding out for a hero for a Saturday afternoon

He dont have to be strong

He dont have to be fast

And its not necessary he be fresh from a fight

But we need a hero, we are holding out for a hero

Who in the morning aint shite

He gotta be sure

And its gotta be soon

And preferably larger than life

We need a hero, we need a hero indeed.

We just need somebody

We need a hero

We are holding out for a hero for a Saturday afternoon

He dont have to be strong

He dont have to be fast

And its not necessary he be fresh from a fight

But we need a hero, we are holding out for a hero

Who in the morning aint shite

He gotta be sure

And its gotta be soon

And preferably larger than life

We need a hero, we need a hero indeed.

Report card, he say, "Must try harder."

We need someone competent and with a plan, not a lot to ask for when you consider just how much Murray is completely out of his depth, and quite clearly has no idea how to manage the players.

Football clubs of our size and stature seem to go through cycles where by we have a period of success, and then it all goes tits up. We need stability and a long term plan with decent investment. It's not going to happen with the current BOD. So the period of struggle will continue until such times as we see the club sold one way or another.

Edited by class of 76-77

I can see why you would want Gus back, personally I would prefer Danny and I'm sure Tedious Tom wants Hendrie, Hendrie Indeed, but I think it's best to let the past stay in the past. The next manager should be motivational, increase fitness and stamina, and encourage a quick passing game, pressing high up the pitch. I don't care if he's Scottish or not or if I've heard of him or not.

Mykey for Manager .

Have to say I liked Gus when he was in charge, it wasn't always pretty but you knew what you were getting come kickoff

Toward the end of his tenure it was dire in a footballing sense. And his arrogance shone through. He refused to invest in youth His intransigence went to the extremes. He left our bench short rather than utilise our academy simply to advertise his loathing of youth over experience.

We need an improvement but we don't need to revert to the bad old days of over the hill has been friends such as Allan MAGIC? Johnston. His "magic" skills appeared to be to hide a part of the subs bench for most of his time.

Edited by stlucifer

Toward the end of his tenure it was dire in a footballing sense. And his arrogance shone through. He refused to invest in youth His intransigence went to the extremes. He left our bench short rather than utilise our academy simply to advertise his loathing of youth over experience.

We need an improvement but we don't need to revert to the bad old days of over the hill has been friends such as Allan MAGIC? Johnston. His "magic" skills appeared to be to hide a part of the subs bench for most of his time.

MacPhersons got plenty of kids in his side at Queens Park, an Academy that has seen kids like GMS and Andrew Robertson come through in recent years. Maybe MacPhersons just didn't rate what was coming through at St Mirren, perhaps with justifiable cause. McLean and McGinn were the first products of any disernable ability to come through and they'd have been too young 6 years ago

Absolutely no youth player has went on to prove McPherson wrong, in the regard of them being good enough.

He didn't put them on the bench so we didn't have to pay them a bonus.

I liked McPherson but I certainly don't see him coming back.

I wouldn't be averse to MacPherson coming back. I'd imagine he would have learned from his experience during his time at St Mirren that no one is bigger than the club. By the end of his tenure he seemed to believe that the club couldn't function without him at the helm and that we were lucky to have him. Perhaps second time around he might value the club and the people around it a bit more.

MacPhersons got plenty of kids in his side at Queens Park, an Academy that has seen kids like GMS and Andrew Robertson come through in recent years. Maybe MacPhersons just didn't rate what was coming through at St Mirren, perhaps with justifiable cause. McLean and McGinn were the first products of any disernable ability to come through and they'd have been too young 6 years ago

If he had his way Kenny McLean wouldn't have played for us

It wasn't he didn't rate any players coming through more like who was running the system

I wouldn't be averse to MacPherson coming back. I'd imagine he would have learned from his experience during his time at St Mirren that no one is bigger than the club. By the end of his tenure he seemed to believe that the club couldn't function without him at the helm and that we were lucky to have him. Perhaps second time around he might value the club and the people around it a bit more.

From a guy who wanted him out at the time. This is a good sensible post sir, I actually fully agree with everything that you've said.

From a guy who wanted him out at the time. This is a good sensible post sir, I actually fully agree with everything that you've said.

Thanks Kendo. A lot of time has passed since MacPherson was at the club and my attitude has probably softened a bit. We need someone who will make us hard to beat and competitive at this level and for all his faults MacPherson managed that and was able to progress us. We could do a lot worse than consider him for the role.

I don't understand why people are saying we were hard to beat under Gus, rose tinted glasses in my opinion. Whilst anything would be better than what we have now, the last two seasons under Gus, whilst having the occasional highlight, consisted of non-football, lack of anything resembling forward play, and multiple cases of conceding goals to either lose or draw games in the last 10 minutes of games. Maybe the current rubbish we're being served has clouded the judgement of some, but Gus back? Absolutely not.