I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

James Talley.

Who?

I said the same... to my eternal shame. The man is a musical legend.

The 73 year old from Tulsa Oklahoma has fourteen albums out from the 1960's till the 2000's.

Over the years Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Gene Clark, Alan Jackson, Hazel Dickens, and most recently Moby, have recorded his songs!

At one point, blues legend BB King was his lead guitarist!

Blown away that not only was someone of that calibre unknown to me... but that I was sitting 8 feet from him and chatting to him after the gig!

Think James Taylor or Jim Croce without the massive following all because Capitol Records pulled his first FOUR albums when a young manager advised him to leave them, breaking his contract!

Edited by BuddieinEK

James Talley.
Who?

I said the same... to my eternal shame. The man is a musical legend.

The 73 year old from Tulsa Oklahoma has fourteen albums out from the 1960's till the 2000's.

Over the years Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Gene Clark, Alan Jackson, Hazel Dickens, and most recently Moby, have recorded his songs!

At one point, blues legend BB King was his lead guitarist!

Blown away that not only was someone of that calibre unknown to me... but that I was sitting 8 feet from him and chatting to him after the gig!

Think James Taylor or Jim Croce without the massive following all because Capitol Records pulled his first FOUR albums when a young manager advised him to leave them, breaking his contract!

Wrong thread?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Seen a "new" Roy Orbison album advertised the other week, recorded with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

Thought it could have been different, not really, very little orchestra, just a rehash of his greatest hits.

Still, some cracking songs and the voice of an angel. 

This will be to acompany the latest "Tour" . His sons were on the radio a few weeks back plugging it. It will feature the latest Hi-tech hologram of the Big O singing with his sons backed by the Royal phil . Really like Orbisons music but not sure id spend fifty quid to watch .

https://www.seetickets.com/tour/roy-orbison