I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Just finished watching a Roxy Music concert from the early '80's - one of the highlights was a cover version of Like a Hurricane. Now although Roxy wrote a lotta great tunes I reckon they must be one of the best bands at doing cover versions. They bring their distinct signature to the tunes they cover yet still manage to pay homage to the original artist.

Just finished watching a Roxy Music concert from the early '80's - one of the highlights was a cover version of Like a Hurricane. Now although Roxy wrote a lotta great tunes I reckon they must be one of the best bands at doing cover versions. They bring their distinct signature to the tunes they cover yet still manage to pay homage to the original artist.

They do a shit hot version of that song & Phil Manzanera fair gives it some good guitar abuse.

Reckon you're correct as well; their take on Jealous Guy is one of my all time favourite cover versions and is much better than the original, as far as I'm concerned.

This week its been

he King Of Limbs by Radiohead which has grown on me after quite a few listens, a couple of early Van Morrison classsics, The Story Of Them plus T.B. Sheets - great blues from the grumpy genius.

Anna Calvi's debut and The Mummers e.p. are also worth a listen.

Was watching the old poll tax riots footage and this track by the genius of Julian Cope was used, sadly there was documentary chatter through the poll tax one though:

One of Saint Julian's finest, in my humble opinion.

Adele - 21, simply fcuking superb. :D

From what I've heard of it you're not wrong.

Elton John, get's better and better. :)

Have to disagree, mate; he started tailing off round about the 80s.....