Bud the Baker

I'm Listening To....

James Talley.

Who?

I said the same... to my eternal shame. The man is a musical legend.

The 73 year old from Tulsa Oklahoma has fourteen albums out from the 1960's till the 2000's.

Over the years Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Gene Clark, Alan Jackson, Hazel Dickens, and most recently Moby, have recorded his songs!

At one point, blues legend BB King was his lead guitarist!

Blown away that not only was someone of that calibre unknown to me... but that I was sitting 8 feet from him and chatting to him after the gig!

Think James Taylor or Jim Croce without the massive following all because Capitol Records pulled his first FOUR albums when a young manager advised him to leave them, breaking his contract!

Edited by BuddieinEK

James Talley.
Who?

I said the same... to my eternal shame. The man is a musical legend.

The 73 year old from Tulsa Oklahoma has fourteen albums out from the 1960's till the 2000's.

Over the years Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Gene Clark, Alan Jackson, Hazel Dickens, and most recently Moby, have recorded his songs!

At one point, blues legend BB King was his lead guitarist!

Blown away that not only was someone of that calibre unknown to me... but that I was sitting 8 feet from him and chatting to him after the gig!

Think James Taylor or Jim Croce without the massive following all because Capitol Records pulled his first FOUR albums when a young manager advised him to leave them, breaking his contract!

Wrong thread?

Before all of us are "Simply having...", "Merry Xmas Everyone"..."AlI want for Xmas is you"...etc, etc, etc

I'm getting this in first

Troika from Lieutenant Kije by Prokofiev

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair