"friends Of St Mirren"

It was a horrible time for the club and the fans, which many clubs have been through and some are still well enshrined in the debt culture.We should be big enough to move on from this and be positive about the future, instead of whining like a spoilt little brat because they don't like the colour of their new dummy.

Well said FTOF, we may not like the new lego stadium, or the lack of new signings, but it's what we've got, so lets get on with it. :wink:

People tend to forget these bits though in order to suit their own bitter and pathetic little agenda.

Tend to forget that they took a previously well managed club in a good financial state spent money it didn´t have, sending it to ten years in the First Division, a bawhair away from going out of business and eventually costing it it´s stadium in exchange for a mini McDiarmid Park.

Funny how people are bitter about all that, eh?

Tend to forget that they took a previously well managed club in a good financial state spent money it didn´t have, sending it to ten years in the First Division, a bawhair away from going out of business and eventually costing it it´s stadium in exchange for a mini McDiarmid Park.

Funny how people are bitter about all that, eh?

A club which several of these directors put in that excellent financial position in the first place.Sadly, as previously mentioned bad managerial appointments etc. led to the erosion of our sizeable bank account. Also, they did spend money that they had.It wasn't spent too wisely though.

It was the building of the Caley stand that inflicted by far our greatest debt not our overpaying of duds, as has been pointed out previously.

I'm not bitter about it at all, although I'd much prefer that it hadn't happened in this way.I live in the present.

Almost every football club of a similar size to us has been in a similar state to us financially [some a lot worse who are to this day still in a hopeless financial state].Some have managed to drag themselves out of it by creative accounting/loans or by plain cheating or by having a millionaire white knight to bail them out. We've been fortunate enough not to have had to go down either of the first two of those routes and nobody has put themselves forward to be the third option.

It wasn't crime of the century.It was bad financial misjudgement, but then again shit happens. It was part and parcel of football in the nineties.

We've now got a modern stadium which meets our fanbase requirements and will for several years.

Edited by FTOF

• 5 years later...

FOSM are still flogging bricks and the black and white magazine but they do not issue any financial accounts

I know the weather is pish so, perhaps like me, you couldn't be arsed going out. But stick a movie on, fill a gap until MOTD but don't trawl up post from 2008 on something a little pish.

It seems that you have issues with community aspects of the club. You may gain a little more ground if you constructed a full post on your concerns instead of the thinly veiled swipes you keep making. Something to think about bud.

I know the weather is pish so, perhaps like me, you couldn't be arsed going out. But stick a movie on, fill a gap until MOTD but don't trawl up post from 2008 on something a little pish.

It seems that you have issues with community aspects of the club. You may gain a little more ground if you constructed a full post on your concerns instead of the thinly veiled swipes you keep making. Something to think about bud.

There is a community trust,a supporters trust,a fans council who all do great things for the club , all have accounts printed and are not for profit organisations.

FOSM sell products , but do not issue accounts

A club which several of these directors put in that excellent financial position in the first place.Sadly, as previously mentioned bad managerial appointments etc. led to the erosion of our sizeable bank account. Also, they did spend money that they had.It wasn't spent too wisely though.

It was the building of the Caley stand that inflicted by far our greatest debt not our overpaying of duds, as has been pointed out previously.

I'm not bitter about it at all, although I'd much prefer that it hadn't happened in this way.I live in the present.

Almost every football club of a similar size to us has been in a similar state to us financially [some a lot worse who are to this day still in a hopeless financial state].Some have managed to drag themselves out of it by creative accounting/loans or by plain cheating or by having a millionaire white knight to bail them out. We've been fortunate enough not to have had to go down either of the first two of those routes and nobody has put themselves forward to be the third option.

It wasn't crime of the century.It was bad financial misjudgement, but then again shit happens. It was part and parcel of football in the nineties.

We've now got a modern stadium which meets our fanbase requirements and will for several years.

We may now have a modern stadium but it does not meet the needs of the fanbase in particullar the wheelchair users, who are left out in the open without cover.St.Mirren have kown about the issue for years and done nothing about it.

We may now have a modern stadium but it does not meet the needs of the fanbase in particullar the wheelchair users, who are left out in the open without cover.St.Mirren have kown about the issue for years and done nothing about it.

A shocking situation for our club. You'd have thought this would have been high on the priority list when building the new stadium, never mind that they haven't approached this subject over the last few years.

Has there been any communication between wheelchair users and the club?

Could this site get something organised to help?

Through santaponsaint the matter was raised at the fans council and as a temporary measure plastic ponchos were to be ordered but at the moment new goals are needed for the dome and it appears these come first. I for one am sick and tired of waiting. Like yesterday I was all ready to go to the game against Ross County but was put off from going because I knew I would again be left sitting in the rain with no cover. On a previous occassion my carer and myself moved into the tunnel under in the West stand only to be advised by a steward that we would have to move as it was against Health and Safety rules.

There might be some grants available that could help towards the cost.

Or perhaps some local businesses could help out?

Perhaps this is something that the Fans Council could influence if there ever were plans to develop the void.

The CiC plans to develop the void included a lift, so I don't think the costs would be prohibitive to develop an area at the top of a stand, that let's face it is hardly oversubscribed.

There is already a lift in the main stand and (I think) space for 2 "hospitality" wheelchair Users.

I believe that the CIC were looking favourably at a suggestion I made, to provide a full row along the front of the void for wheelchair users. I would hope that any future development of the void would include these facilities.

In fact, maybe the Club could approach funders, ask for tenders, or even approach Kibble Works for this much needed facilty? It is 2013 after all...

Edited by Vambo57

Completely agree. Space should be made in the family stand with a ramp leading up. It's not as if we are ever close to capacity.

Again, that would have to be near the front, anywhere higher up would be a hell of a ramp that would require at least 2 or 3 flat landings en-route to prevent the gradient being too steep. A sizeable structure would be required with mods required for the stand walls as well as seats being removed and levelling of tiers in the stand. quite a few thousand pounds work in that, I'm afraid

Concerts at Hampden have a raised temporary platform in the park, couldn't we create one in the corner of the north and west stand where the setanta box used to be?

I'm sure if something like that was covered then wheelchair users would be happy with this until something more permanent is in place?