Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Rory Loy has been told he can leave Dundee in January... his goal scoring record in this league speaks for itself, would be great addition.

Would imagine he will go back to Falkirk if he signs for anybody in the championship.

In PDE today.

Deal for full back, which JR thought was a done deal, has fallen through at last minute. Other targets now being pursued.

I presume it was Waters from Alloa, with more money from Alloa or the player being demanded at last minute, as is their right.

Craig Storie deal will happen by 7th January.

Stefan McCluskey (formerly of the soapdodgers) on trial. 10 goals in 55 games. Not very inspiring.Experienced, but pretty shite IMO.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

In PDE today.

Deal for full back, which JR thought was a done deal, has fallen through at last minute. Other targets now being pursued.

I presume it was Waters from Alloa, with more money from Alloa or the player being demanded at last minute, as is their right.

Stefan McCluskey (formerly of the soapdodgers) on trial. 10 goals in 55 games. Not very inspiring.Experienced, but pretty shite IMO.

If it was indeed the waters deal that fell through I'm not surprised, he's been getting rave reviews this season and clubs like Aberdeen have been watching him.

Stefan McCluskey is absolutely rotten, I'm sure nothing will come of that 1.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

In PDE today.

He's a winger rather than a striker so I suppose his goal record isn't that bad, however that doesn't mean I'd be in favour of signing him. I'd rather see McAllister and Morgan continue on the wings - although we need competition I suppose. At least Ross said we'd only sign him once the priority areas are dealt with. Hopefully if we did sign him he'd be a damn sight better than his Celtic-loving brother.

No surprise on Waters. Did someone mention Rory McKeown the other day? And I see former transfer rumour subject Bob Harris is available on a free...

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

He's a winger rather than a striker so I suppose his goal record isn't that bad, however that doesn't mean I'd be in favour of signing him. I'd rather see McAllister and Morgan continue on the wings - although we need competition I suppose. At least Ross said we'd only sign him once the priority areas are dealt with. Hopefully if we did sign him he'd be a damn sight better than his Celtic-loving brother.

No surprise on Waters. Did someone mention Rory McKeown the other day? And I see former transfer rumour subject Bob Harris is available on a free...

You just know that if we ever did sign him, he'd be rank rotten.:lol:

56 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yep, did nothing except score loads of goals. Who needs that!

I always remember Higdon as a decent goalscorer for us (funny how the minds plays tricks) but the stats have him at a goal ratio of only 20% ! Is that right ?

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I always remember Higdon as a decent goalscorer for us (funny how the minds plays tricks) but the stats have him at a goal ratio of only 20% ! Is that right ?

His first season, under Gus, his goal scoring record was poor (5 or 6 league goals) under DL in the second season was when he became prolific, then continued that form when he signed for Motherwell.

Edited to add:

4 league goals in 09/10 under Gus

14 league goals in 10/11 under DL

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Could be a hard sell to get anyone other than loanees unless we close the gap at the bottom quickly.