Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 hours ago, Stu said:

I'll guess goalie, leftback, striker and winger (probably McCluskey) for the four players coming in. It's hardly quantity over quality given we're in dire need of at least two of those.

Stefan McCluskey has signed for Alloa.

3 hours ago, Stu said:

He also says he was involved in Champions League football. Quick look through the fixtures involving the English teams reveals two possibility - Gunn, who it seemingly isn't, or Ben Hamer from Leicester. The rest are either two old to come on loan or too ridiculous (Cech, Bravo etc). The "very big club" comment rules out it being someone from an Irish or Welsh club that was involved in the early stages and I can't see someone from Italy etc sending a goalie on loan to us!

Clubs do have B squad lists of players full of kids for the Champions League so it could be one from them, which means this would make sense:

Can't find much about although he was on loan at Hyde a few years ago - and all I know about Hyde is that's where Sam Tyler was from in Life on Mars. Has also played for Wales under-21s: http://www.faw.cymru/en/news/billy-obrien-reflects-upon-wales-u21s-life-man-city/

Bit about him (O'Brien, not Sam Tyler) at: http://mancitysquare.com/2016/09/27/manchester-city-billy-obrien-ucl-squad/ Hope he's better than the other Man City loanees we had. 

Anyway, while we wait, here's the latest rumour about McAllister: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/458501/st-mirren-knock-back-charlton-and-english-championship-bids-for-teen-sensation-kyle-mcallister/

I would spend whatever it takes of the budget to get McAllister signed up longterm with a beneficial clause to the club in the new contract. Saints have offered him his platform to perform, so it would be nice if we could get a return if he were to leave.

9 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think we might need a couple more outfield players in so we can manage to put out a decent starting eleven on Saturday , I,m a bit concerned about putting out players who are on the verge of a transfer , as they might wary of picking up an injury

It's a meaningless cup game only important for getting the team shape and new signings up to fitness

32 minutes ago, insaintee said:

It's a meaningless cup game only important for getting the team shape and new signings up to fitness

The Scottish Cup isn't meaningless IMO . Obviously we have more important games ahead , but I'd still love for us to get a positive result on Saturday .

Wonder if the other signing today will be Grant Anderson, who Queen of the South have just released. We had McCluskey on trial so Ross seemingly wants another winger, especially with McAllister possibly leaving. Almost certainly 2+2=5 but just putting this out there.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Wonder if the other signing today will be Grant Anderson, who Queen of the South have just released. We had McCluskey on trial so Ross seemingly wants another winger, especially with McAllister possibly leaving. Almost certainly 2+2=5 but just putting this out there.

Certainly possible. Is he decent? Why have Queens released him?

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Certainly possible. Is he decent? Why have Queens released him?

QoS paid Raith a fee for him at the start of the season. He started quite regularly and his contract today was terminated bu mutual consent. I dare say Fowler knows what the lad can do. And at 30 would bring some experience.