Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On Twitter last night, amongst the McAllister stuff, div suggested there could be two new players in for Saturday. One is a former player (McGinn) and the other is a 21-year-old wide player on loan from a Scottish Premiership club. Just after typing that I see St Mirren Active retweet a link that Cammy Smith (who was previously been linked with us) has returned to Aberdeen after a loan spell at Dundee United.

I also saw someone suggest on Twitter we're trying to get Jamie Sterry on loan from Newcastle. A rightback who did well at Coventry in the first half of the season, however he's already played for two clubs so not sure on that one.

Edited by Stu

5 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

dorman is a free agent go and bring him and home. type of player we need imo. and knows way to goal

He's 34 now and not remotely the same player he was with us. Any time I saw him play in the MLS he was sitting much deeper...and we have an abundance of those players now.

34 minutes ago, brian-smfc said:

apparently Hearts working on a deal for big Isma, wouldn't mind once McAllister is sold using the funds to offer him a deal:D :ph34r: https://t.co/6eNtkIXUSJ

No great surprise there, given the network that led to him coming to Saints.

Would be good to have him back into the Scottish game.

43 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

dorman is a free agent go and bring him and home. type of player we need imo. and knows way to goal

Dorman used to be deceptively pacy and was brilliant at timing those runs to perfection which is how he scored so many for us.

That pace has certainly deserted him now and when he does play it's purely as a holding midfielder, I love the guy but I'd be leaving well alone!

Big Isma on the other hand!

10 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

"Hibs are looking at St Mirren keeper Scott Gallagher to replace injured Ofir Marciano " Source: from Hibs Transfer News on Twitter

Jack Ross should be blowing up the tyres on his bike as I type to pedal him over there if that's remotely true.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Former Queen of the South man Jake Pickard played for us in the under-20s today. Will ask on P&B but don't think he's anything great.

I had read the QoS thread recently and their fans do not think he is a loss.