Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 hours ago, ulysses said:

There's been some crazy ITK style rumours that Hughes and/or the board told the entire Raith squad they were free to leave after the game yesterday.

Allegedly some mental goings on with Hughes having a go at the squad then a player having a right go back at Hughes then a Director telling everyone they can go! May not be true but interesting anyway.

He's a right back. Stelios is a left sided player is he not. Irvine will be a cover player on the bench if we get Devlin.

Stelios is a two footed player, can play either side but is actually right footed. Regardless, I don't think we'll necessarily have a senior back up player for both full back positions, or for every position on the pitch. Just my thoughts on it...

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Allegedly some mental goings on with Hughes having a go at the squad then a player having a right go back at Hughes then a Director telling everyone they can go! May not be true but interesting anyway.

John Hughes, left Inverness because they didn't have the money he wanted for players - cop out, leaves Raith after slagging off their players (one of the only things i remember him being right about) thank goodness our board didn't listen to those who wanted him as our manager.

The wasteful and destructful/cheating tactics employed by his players at Raith sum him up.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

It would make far more sense to sign Stelios as he could cover both wide defender roles as well as being an emergency midfielder.

I suspect that Stelios himself might be the issue in terms of whether he'll stay on.

He will (entirely understandably) be keen to secure a routine starting slot in a team, and the extension of Eck's contract might suggest that, at best, he would be a utility player under Jack's plans.

Just a hunch, of course, and based on nothing of any substance (nothing new there, then....).

34 minutes ago, Drew said:

I suspect that Stelios himself might be the issue in terms of whether he'll stay on.

He will (entirely understandably) be keen to secure a routine starting slot in a team, and the extension of Eck's contract might suggest that, at best, he would be a utility player under Jack's plans.

Just a hunch, of course, and based on nothing of any substance (nothing new there, then....).

It's a shame, but I think you're right. Between him, Irvine and Eckersley, two of whom can play LB or RB, we had a perfect balance of cover, as well as attacking/more defensive options.

But I think Stelios will be away. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

FFS!

seems some not only don't have their own mind, but will slag something off, then amazingly a few days later actually believe they thunk it?

Funny chain of events, Stelios signs, scores some crackers, plays well, is dropped apparently due to illness, comes back, scores plays well, still not first choice, heads home asap after last game, agent punting him online.

was there perhaps a bit of a disconnect between him and Ross? Maybe Stelios thought he was better than Ross thought he was?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

FFS!

seems some not only don't have their own mind, but will slag something off, then amazingly a few days later actually believe they thunk it?

Funny chain of events, Stelios signs, scores some crackers, plays well, is dropped apparently due to illness, comes back, scores plays well, still not first choice, heads home asap after last game, agent punting him online.

was there perhaps a bit of a disconnect between him and Ross? Maybe Stelios thought he was better than Ross thought he was?

Drew's reply to your post was "FFS"! :lol:

I can also remember him also getting into rage at the suggestion that Irvine may improve when played on the right!

That's in addition to him not wanting us to sign McGinn! :lol:

Edited by mcdowell76

55 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Drew's reply to your post was "FFS"! :lol:

I can also remember him also getting into rage at the suggestion that Irvine may improve when played on the right!

That's in addition to him not wanting us to sign McGinn! :lol:

You're pish at this now, Andy. Give it up.

34 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

https://twitter.com/steliosdeme/status/86449240435901644

stelios has now deleted his tweet I will find it 

This is what he tweeted 

https://twitter.com/steliosdeme/status/864492404359016449

A strange tweet from from Stelios today 

looks like he won't be back 

Looking at his other tweets on the twitters I would guess that the tweet you hilight above is in relation to something/someone else.  Here is hoping so anyway, cracking player.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

According to this we're one of the clubs after Stefan Scougall, who is leaving Sheffield United. Would be surprised if we get him.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-is-stefan-scougall-set-for-european-football-1-8546441

Agree with you here bud , would be a great signing right enough but maybe a bit beyond us presently.

8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Agree with you here bud , would be a great signing right enough but maybe a bit beyond us presently.

This lad is a cracking talent and has done fairly well down there. He would be a fantastic signing, would never say never.

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

According to this we're one of the clubs after Stefan Scougall, who is leaving Sheffield United. Would be surprised if we get him.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-is-stefan-scougall-set-for-european-football-1-8546441

A team mate of McGinns at United.