Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

JR in the PDE the other day was hopeful of tying up another player before the end of the week.

No mention whether it was an out of contract player or one that brought in from elsewhere.

Just been interviewed on Alba and said that he's hoping by next Monday/Tuesday to have two or three of our out of contract players re-signed.

Also, said that it looks likely that Mallan will be going.

Edited by FTOF

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

He,s a decent left back that charges up and down the wing and puts s good cross over , started off with Celtic , on the wee side and a terrific left back according to an Alloa fan I meet most mornings , Alloa have a small squad and a deal where they lose a player and gain two til the end of the season and a little cash might suit them

JR on Alba just now: 

On Mallan: "nothing is confirmed, likely though we'll lose him."

On contracts: "hopefully 2 or 3 first team members from last season will sign at the beginning of next week".

He also picked out Waters as Alloa's player to watch. Interest has maybe cooled now though because we got Eckersley? He definitely has a sweet left foot. Puts in a great cross.

I think we all accept that Mallan will be going - so its good to hear the word 'likely' in terms of his departure - that suggests its not a done deal yet and negotiations are still ongoing - so maybe we'll get better terms and a higher fee than previously speculated. It may also mean that there are more suitors and that Barnsley may be yet be gazumped.

Here's hoping for at least £500K upfront with a 33% sell on fee! :)

15 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I think we all accept that Mallan will be going - so its good to hear the word 'likely' in terms of his departure - that suggests its not a done deal yet and negotiations are still ongoing - so maybe we'll get better terms and a higher fee than previously speculated. It may also mean that there are more suitors and that Barnsley may be yet be gazumped.

Here's hoping for at least £500K upfront with a 33% sell on fee! :)

I'm a bit surprised at Barnsley being the only interested club to date . 

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Yeah that would work , except he's already our player . 

Would love to see him hanging about for one more promotion winning season .

What a relieve, there's everyone thinking he was off. :whistle 

12 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

JR on Alba just now: 

On Mallan: "nothing is confirmed, likely though we'll lose him."

On contracts: "hopefully 2 or 3 first team members from last season will sign at the beginning of next week".

He also picked out Waters as Alloa's player to watch. Interest has maybe cooled now though because we got Eckersley? He definitely has a sweet left foot. Puts in a great cross.

Wonder which ones he thinks will re-sign. If you take the loan players out of the equation I think the only ones out of contract are MacKenzie, Fjelde, Clarkson and Todd and whatever is happening with the options of Irvine and Stelios (if they haven't already been triggered).

He'll obviously be looking to keep MacKenzie and wants Stelios but it looks like he'll go elsewhere. Fjelde will surely be off and Clarkson has a long-term injury so no point re-signing him.

Fjelde,s agent has put clips up of him saying he,s available this summer , he,s not done that for Stellios , which may suggest that Stellios is not available this summer because he,s with us . If Mallan goes , I would like us to go for Joe Thompson on loan and Lewis Vaughan , hoping the two or three players from last seasons squad signing next week will be Smith , McKenzie and Davis . Thinking we already have Irvine for next season . Look forward to seeing a couple of signings who I,ve never heard of , that always makes the start of the new season that bit more interesting.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, Drew said:

You're pish at this now, Andy. Give it up.

On the contrary.

You stated on several occasions that Irvine would be just as bad on the right and you stated that you couldn't see where McGinn would fit in.

You've also been caught out by LPM!

:lol:

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

On the contrary.

You stated on several occasions that Irvine would be just as bad on the right and you stated that you couldn't see where McGinn would fit in.

You've also been caught out by LPM!

:lol:

I've already held my hand up on Irvine. Aside from that, you're talking shite. As for LPM? No idea, as he's on ignore. You're joining him for being a tiresome fanny:)

Edited by Drew

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Wonder which ones he thinks will re-sign. If you take the loan players out of the equation I think the only ones out of contract are MacKenzie, Fjelde, Clarkson and Todd and whatever is happening with the options of Irvine and Stelios (if they haven't already been triggered).

Even including Loy and Smith, MacKenzie is the big one for me. It will be a huge boost to our promotion hopes if we can get him on a new deal.

I've no doubt though that some bottom 6 teams from the Premiership will be looking at him. Maybe his age (32 in October) will play in our favour. I'd guess we're offering him 2 years.

8 hours ago, Stu said:

He'll obviously be looking to keep MacKenzie and wants Stelios but it looks like he'll go elsewhere. Fjelde will surely be off and Clarkson has a long-term injury so no point re-signing him.

Fjelde gone, Todd no going, Mac maybe.