Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Weren`t Ben Gordon & Andy webster let go ?

Not yet, or at least not officially. Jack confirmed that they, along with Jordan Stewart will be going in an interview but there's been no released list from the club as of yet. 

I'd imagine Clarkson, Fjelde and possibly McLear will be on the list as well once it's official. 

Not yet, or at least not officially. Jack confirmed that they, along with Jordan Stewart will be going in an interview but there's been no released list from the club as of yet. 
I'd imagine Clarkson, Fjelde and possibly McLear will be on the list as well once it's official. 

Ben and Andy are definitely away. Club confirmed a wee while back.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This was on the bottom of the news story on the OS about Eckersly signing. I know it says "coming to an end and wont be renewed" but i think we can take it that Jack will not be changing his mind and they are off.

From the OS:

We have some players whose contracts are coming to an end that won't be renewed. Ben Gordon, Andy Webster and Jordan Stewart are in that category.

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

This was on the bottom of the news story on the OS about Eckersly signing. I know it says "coming to an end and wont be renewed" but i think we can take it that Jack will not be changing his mind and they are off.

From the OS:

We have some players whose contracts are coming to an end that won't be renewed. Ben Gordon, Andy Webster and Jordan Stewart are in that category.

Yep. That's the one. Although it was on the official site it was an aside of another player getting a contract, the club hasn't officially released the usual annual statement of who is going yet. 

3 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

I reckon Gary Irvine will be one of them. Maybe Harry Davis as the other? With his injury I don't think he'll have many options.

Gary Irvine already activated a years extension through appearances earlier in the season.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Unsurprisingly the club are in talks with Hutton to reach a financial agreement which will see him leaving.

8 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Try and loan him out again and get the other club to pay part his wage.

Destined for Junior football, possibly the worst of all the signings made by Rae when he was at the helm.

1 minute ago, class of 76-77 said:

Destined for Junior football, possibly the worst of all the signings made by Rae when he was at the helm.

It was a strange one, though.

Many QofS fans had him down as their player of the season before he joined us, but he seemed totally lost at Saints.

Apparently he has done okay at Airdrie (?), so maybe he didn't gel with Rae and his approach. Perhaps it wasn't all down to the player himself - total speculation on my part, of course.

Who knows. Whatever the case was, there is clearly no place for him at the club just now, and it would be best for all parties if he left for pastures new.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

It was a strange one, though.

Many QofS fans had him down as their player of the season before he joined us, but he seemed totally lost at Saints.

Apparently he has done okay at Airdrie (?), so maybe he didn't gel with Rae and his approach. Perhaps it wasn't all down to the player himself - total speculation on my part, of course.

Who knows. Whatever the case was, there is clearly no place for him at the club just now, and it would be best for all parties if he left for pastures new.

Apparently it was only 1 supporters' club that had him as a player of the year. And Airdrie fans have not been particularly impressed either from comments on P&B. Better all round if he gets a chance to start all over somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Apparently it was only 1 supporters' club that had him as a player of the year. And Airdrie fans have not been particularly impressed either from comments on P&B. Better all round if he gets a chance to start all over somewhere else.

Ah, okay - thanks for clarifying.

Feel for Hutton, was playing in a team utterly devoid of confidence and lacked any game plan under Rae. We all witnessed the transformation of Mallan in the second half of the season.

Thought he might have been given a chance to prove himself in a couple of friendlies before a decision was made. Would be looking at doing the same with Quinn. Misses half the season injured anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Feel for Hutton, was playing in a team utterly devoid of confidence and lacked any game plan under Rae. We all witnessed the transformation of Mallan in the second half of the season.

Thought he might have been given a chance to prove himself in a couple of friendlies before a decision was made. Would be looking at doing the same with Quinn. Misses half the season injured anyway.

Hutton has been playing regularly at Airdrie for Jack to check him out.

Here is what an Airdrie fan replied when asked if their fans would like to see Hutton return ..

Most of us would say no. He's been rotten at times and not really the type of player we need when you look at the wider squad and who we have under contract.

Just now, JM1 said:

Hutton is a shitebag footballer. Scared to play a forward pass so always turns back and plays the easy ball to the defender or goalkeeper.

We don't need players like that in our team.

Aye, I can't see him fitting in at all.

Hutton has been playing regularly at Airdrie for Jack to check him out.
Here is what an Airdrie fan replied when asked if their fans would like to see Hutton return ..
Most of us would say no. He's been rotten at times and not really the type of player we need when you look at the wider squad and who we have under contract.

Fair enough. Still think the lad had a rough ride from us here.

33 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Fair enough. Still think the lad had a rough ride from us here.

Really? Don't think it was rough enough!

Nothing there to suggest he's a reasonable footballer. Living off the fact he played some game for Rangers, but offered very little since. He's genuinely nowhere near good enough for this level.

10 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Really? Don't think it was rough enough!

Nothing there to suggest he's a reasonable footballer. Living off the fact he played some game for Rangers, but offered very little since. He's genuinely nowhere near good enough for this level.

I agree.. I've never seen a professional footballer (especially a midfielder) who took so many touches to control the ball and set it up for playing the next pass, by the time he had it under control there was an opponent in his face and he would panic and either play it backwards or lose it.