Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

35 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

I'm going to upset the apple cart here

Sign Samson right away ,and Billy the Fish

Billy is a young lad and has time on his side. And he could be coached to come out and and get a cross ball, he scares me at the moment

Samson has experience,and could help Billy a lot 

My apples are snugly in their cart.

Works for me

:)

41 minutes ago, Eaglesham saint said:

Billy is a young lad and has time on his side. And he could be coached to come out and and get a cross ball, he scares me at the moment

Hey ES, next season I could be the goalie for all he'll have to do. Let jack spend his cash on a decent striker and Billy will have no better chance to make as many mistakes as he likes without it costing us :)

But on a more serious note I like Samson and would take him if Billy ain't available but I think Jack wants two young keepers to pressure each other and save some cash.

Not for me... Not if Langfield is staying on as coach.

Loved Sammy but he was just as prone to errors, and his time at Killie and Motherwell has been error strewn.

Fans of both teams were very critical.

I think Jack will find better alternatives on a lesser budget.

It was a strange one, though.
Many QofS fans had him down as their player of the season before he joined us, but he seemed totally lost at Saints.
Apparently he has done okay at Airdrie (?), so maybe he didn't gel with Rae and his approach. Perhaps it wasn't all down to the player himself - total speculation on my part, of course.
Who knows. Whatever the case was, there is clearly no place for him at the club just now, and it would be best for all parties if he left for pastures new.

Some Airdrie fans would disagree with you.

I play football with one of his next door neighbours. The Dominoes delivery guy seems to be very friendly with Kyle, he might offer an insight into whether he has the discipline and drive to make it in a Jack Ross team.

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

Unsurprisingly the club are in talks with Hutton to reach a financial agreement which will see him leaving.

I wonder if Rocco Quinn is in a similar boat?

He returned from injury in December but was subbed after an hour in just about every game. Once McGinn arrived he was totally sidelined and has played a grand total of 17 minutes since the transfer window closed.

4 hours ago, Eaglesham saint said:

I'm not sure about Samson and I think Billy might have other fish to fry (sorry!).  The manager seems to want the boy from Albion Rovers and I'm more than happy to accept he knows a player when he sees one.  If Langfield is not being registered as a player next season then we need another one and one who will compete for the jersey.  I don't like it when the back up goalie is just there to make up the numbers.

9 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I'm not sure about Samson and I think Billy might have other fish to fry (sorry!).  The manager seems to want the boy from Albion Rovers and I'm more than happy to accept he knows a player when he sees one.  If Langfield is not being registered as a player next season then we need another one and one who will compete for the jersey.  I don't like it when the back up goalie is just there to make up the numbers.

Langfield is registered but he's there to play the Paul Mathers role of being available to select if everyone else is unavailable. He's not going to compete for the shirt. Jack has said he's looking at signing goalkeepers which suggests he will be going for two in the squad along with Langfield.