Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I see Hearts have released the young French striker Dylan Bikey. He had scored 9 goals in 9 games for Stirling prior to Hearts signing him. May be work a look.

James Fowler was with Stirling before joining us , if Bikey's got any potential JF will know !

18 minutes ago, billyg said:

James Fowler was with Stirling before joining us , if Bikey's got any potential JF will know !

Fits the bill for me. Young, very pacy and seems to know the way to goal.

Totally raw and unpolished but was well sought after before he went to Hearts.

There may be compensation due for Bikey. Think Hearts signed him as an amateur so they didn't have to pay a French club. They mainly signed him to wind up Hibs, which seems fair enough to me.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Stu said:

There may be compensation due for Bikey. Think Hearts signed him as an amateur so they didn't have to pay a French club. They mainly signed him to wind up Hibs, which seems fair enough to me.

If they released him there shouldn't be any fee involved.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If they released him there shouldn't be any fee involved.

He was an amateur with both Hearts and Stirling as his parent club, Dieppe, were looking for a development fee. No idea what the current situation is but I suspect Dieppe would still be looking for something but hopefully just a token amount. Once there was no development fees transferring to another country but no idea of current rules or Bikey's situation.

Kirkpatrick scored 17 goals from midfield last season so perhaps a potential replacement for Stevie. I think he was Alloa's No.10. If I'm right he played well in the second leg of the semi final play offs and took a good penalty in the shoot out.
Welcome aboard Ross and Jordan.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Decent new song, though (if grammatically highly dubious) -

"There's only two Ross Stewarts.... two Ross Steeewarts!"

Have you considered what the song will be if one of them is pish? Ouch. That would cut to the bone.