Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

TBF- We were totally shite for 5 months

First Objective Jack- Finish ahead of Ton next seas

First Objective for the upcoming season is a Top 4 finish.

I'd say you can discount Brechin, Livi, Dumbarton and fourth in the second tier being as high as QotS have finished since league reconstruction during the '70's so it'd be right at the top end of their potential. Fourth out of six teams should be a minimum target regardless of who wins the Accies/United tussle.

15 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

First Objective for the upcoming season is a Top 4 finish.

I'd say you can discount Brechin, Livi, Dumbarton and fourth in the second tier being as high as QotS have finished since league reconstruction during the '70's so it'd be right at the top end of their potential. Fourth out of six teams should be a minimum target regardless of who wins the Accies/United tussle.

Not disagreeing

Shull has our formula sorted P 36 W 36 Pts 108 and Top 4 :thumbs2

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

This could be a cracking day, all things considered. Blazing sunshine, three good signings (possibly), out for dinner tonight then to see the Beach Boys - unless any more of them snuff it...

Don't think Stelios will be today going by the tweet, although that would be amazing.

Club has sounded the "double signing klaxon" on Twitter so we shall see what happens. Guess it will be the other Ross Stewart and Davis being made permanent.

EDIT: Half right!

Edited by Stu

Don't think Stelios will be today going by the tweet, although that would be amazing.
Club has sounded the "double signing klaxon" on Twitter so we shall see what happens. Guess it will be the other Ross Stewart and Davis being made permanent.
EDIT: Half right!

Gregor Buchanan from Dumbarton is the centre half along with another Stewart...

This one may seem a bit left field, but I think this guy must be worth investigating as someone who has some genuine quality.

Currently available as a free transfer and only 24 years old, a one-time £1 million pound transfer player who played 32 games last season for newly-promoted Plymouth Argyle and has 20 games under his belt in the SPL on loan at Ross County.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Slew

Just a thought ??

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This one may seem a bit left field, but I think this guy must be worth investigating as someone who has some genuine quality.

Currently available as a free transfer and only 24 years old, a one-time £1 million pound transfer player who played 32 games last season for newly-promoted Plymouth Argyle and has 20 games under his belt in the SPL on loan at Ross County.

Just a thought ??

What is the percentage rate for wayward talents getting their careers back on track?

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Just a thought ??

I remember him on loan at County and if I'm being kind, I'd say he wasn't very good at all.

2 hours ago, mcdowell76 said:

Interesting comments from Hearts fans. Most agree the guy is a hard worker which is a definite requirement in a JR team. Many rate him and claim he has not been given a chance while many do not rate him however and as they have barely seen him play they are basing their opinion on his time at QoS - successful with 40 goals in 110 appearances, and loan period with Dunfermline - unsuccessful with 1 goal in 22 appearances. Hopefully Jack can turn him into the form he showed with QoS.

Edited by Sonny

16 minutes ago, scottd said:

Jack knows him from his time at Hearts which will no doubt be a black mark from the usual suspects.  That said Jack is leaving anyway.

Indeed (leaving aside his departure for Dens Park).

From Gus' reign, it must be remembered that we can't sign anyone who has ever been a colleague of the manager.

In fact, we can't even sign someone who has ever played for the manager's former clubs, even if they both weren't at that club at the same time!

Edited by mcdowell76

Only a few months at Hearts before Ross left and he was mainly coaching the under-20s anyway.

Hopefully last season was just a blip. Decent enough record with Reilly.

If Ross stays and Dundee appoint someone else I think we can give up any hope of getting Loy back!

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

If Ross stays and Dundee appoint someone else I think we can give up any hope of getting Loy back!

I would have thought we have little chance of getting Loy if JR goes to Dundee, no?