Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Gunning is a great player for our level, though may become a luxury player if we are looking to give Baird more game time after his impressive finish to the season. We have MacKenzie, Baird, Buchanan. Darren Whyte also falls under the Defender role and if Fjelde re-signs we could already have ourselves covered in this area. 

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Gunning is a great player for our level, though may become a luxury player if we are looking to give Baird more game time after his impressive finish to the season. We have MacKenzie, Baird, Buchanan. Darren Whyte also falls under the Defender role and if Fjelde re-signs we could already have ourselves covered in this area. 

I think Mackenzie and Buchanan will be our starting CB to be honest. Baird did improve but I still wouldn't be confident in him being first choice, still got a lot to learn. I feel if Gunning played like he did last season he really could challenge them for a starting spot though. I get what you're saying about luxury players though, a lot of signings might depend on the McLean and McGinn sell on clauses. 

Think Jack was quite open about wanting to bring Rory back. Was a quote going about a couple weeks ago saying he wanted to bring in Loy and another Premier League striker, who we now think is Gavin Reilly.

Wondered if Jack knocking back Dundee could stop us getting Loy. There's a chance that could happen if there are other clubs interested. But if they don't want him, and we're the only team willing to take him off their hands, they'd be pretty stupid to hang onto him out of spite.

15 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Think Jack was quite open about wanting to bring Rory back. Was a quote going about a couple weeks ago saying he wanted to bring in Loy and another Premier League striker, who we now think is Gavin Reilly.

Wondered if Jack knocking back Dundee could stop us getting Loy. There's a chance that could happen if there are other clubs interested. But if they don't want him, and we're the only team willing to take him off their hands, they'd be pretty stupid to hang onto him out of spite.

I now think the JR situation won't come into the thinking re Loy at all. Dundee still ended up with their first choice manager, and their owner has played down the level of interest in Ross, saying he was just one on a list. Face saving? Maybe, but doesn't matter.

Also, Dundee might decide they want to try and sign one of our players in January or something (they can't afford him, whoever it is :P ) so they won't dick us around now as it could come back to bite them.

Finally, we still have a good relationship with them as a club from when they signed Stevie Mallan :lol:

17 hours ago, smcc said:

Error 404 apparently means that you can communicate with the remote server but that the server can't find what you are looking for.

13 hours ago, jaybee said:

Error 404 apparently means that you can communicate with the remote server but that the server can't find what you are looking for.

Edited 4 hours ago by smcc

Thank you :)

Aye, sorry for late response (I've also been posted 404/missing for a few days).

smcc's helpfully correct. :)

mostly 404 pages are boringly letting you know that a your link to a website's out of date.

some web designers (the goodies) try to do so wittily...

eg

http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/best-404-pages-812505

Loy for me is a 20 goal a season striker in the making at this level.

He showed in the latter part of the season how effective he can be in and around the box, making space for himself as well as scoring goals.

I'd be delighted to get him on a permanent deal but suspect we would face pretty stern competition for his signature as likes of Dunfermline would definitely be in for him, and I suspect the manky mob. Still, he clearly enjoyed his second time with us and playing under Jack so we have that in our favour.

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

Don't see why we cannot compete with the Soaps or Dungs for Loy?  Jack's the man and Rory knows the set up and how we were playing in the second half of the season. 

Morton I'm not bothered about. Get the feeling Dunfermline are ready to throw money at a striker. Were in for both Keatings and Murray which were bold moves.

Loy is a different situation of course as he's still under contract at Dundee for another year.

33 minutes ago, div said:

Morton I'm not bothered about. Get the feeling Dunfermline are ready to throw money at a striker. Were in for both Keatings and Murray which were bold moves.

Loy is a different situation of course as he's still under contract at Dundee for another year.

We' probably get Keatings after The Arabs find a calculator and realise they can't actually afford him after all ! 

Loy's a good player and a goal scorer. The main reason I want him back, though, is because I'd like to go into next season with as close as possible to the team that finished last season. A team with a habit of winning games together, a team with an attacking philosophy and a cutting edge. The Partnership of Smith and Loy was no small part of that. We've already signed one half up...

7 minutes ago, Scott Stafford said:

Don't think we'll get Loy. I think we'll get priced out by Dundee after how their chase of JR went. I would like to see us go after Andy Ryan from Airdrie!!

Loy is trying to get released from his contract so he can then sign for whoever he likes, If he gets released he will sign for us.