Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

17 hours ago, Scott Stafford said:

Don't think we'll get Loy. I think we'll get priced out by Dundee after how their chase of JR went. I would like to see us go after Andy Ryan from Airdrie!!

Dundee don't want Loy - they want him off the wage bill, so they need to cut him a deal for the last year of his contract or keep paying him for not playing. We won't be paying a fee.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Dundee don't want Loy - they want him off the wage bill, so they need to cut him a deal for the last year of his contract or keep paying him for not playing. We won't be paying a fee.

Do we know this?

It was Hartley who loaned Loy out, McCann may well want to give him another chance rather than pay him off and not have the money to replace him adequately.

Do we know this?
It was Hartley who loaned Loy out, McCann may well want to give him another chance rather than pay him off and not have the money to replace him adequately.

I think if McCann wanted him we wouldn't be speaking to Dundee about signing him. Just my take on it - could be wrong of course.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

I think if McCann wanted him we wouldn't be speaking to Dundee about signing him. Just my take on it - could be wrong of course.

Good point , maybe a wee bit of negotiations going on , focussing on us keeping to our wage structure , Dundee paying off a bit of the balance of Loys contract , and us giving Loy a signing on fee . Hope it happens , squad coming on nicely

Sky sports reporting that we have KO'd two bids for Lewis Morgan.

I would hope Lewis stays with us another season or two in order to fine tune his incredible talent and ability.

He's going to be such an important player for us this coming season, and it's vital we do all we can to keep him at the club for at least another season.

Money talks but can we afford to lose Mallan and Morgan if we want to be challenging.

Edited by class of 76-77

I,ve suspected for a while that there's been interest in Morgan , also think there's a possibility of us losing Magennis next season . Hence why we are signing so many players early doors so we have our replacements within the squad , my preferred option is we arrange a deal which allows us to loan the player for the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Apparently the club involved with the bid for Lewis is Burton Albion.

Are they not also in for the Irish striker who plays for Ross County (name escapes me)?

Burton Albion, though. FFS....

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Some joker on P&B suggesting that Loy is signing for the soap dodgers.

Read absolutely nothing going into it. He's a clown. He also followed it up by saying Jack Ross was on his way to Aberdeen. He'd clearly not noticed McInnes was staying at that point. 

The only club in the Championship who will conceivably pip us to Loy will be Falkirk.