Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 hours ago, buddiecat said:

Burton Albion spent a record amount on the transfer in of Boyce from Ross co., so i doubt they will be bidding for Morgan again.

Yeah seen its in the region of £500k they spent, though the financial rewards of staying in the championship for another season may mean they have some cash left to spend, as Boyce and Morgan are two different positions. For a small fish in a big pond, Burton have now spent in the region of £800k on two Ross county players over the last year. I do however think we will not budge on our value, which may put them off (fingers crossed).

5 hours ago, Stu said:

Striker Dale Hilson on trial. Spent the last two years at Queen of the South and has had a ridiculous number of injuries.

With it looking increasingly likely that Loy is going to sign for Falkirk , I hope we're looking at forwards with a wee bit more experience than this . 

No disrespect to Hilson . 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

With it looking increasingly likely that Loy is going to sign for Falkirk , I hope we're looking at forwards with a wee bit more experience than this . 

Dale is a left sided midfielder , with a bit of pace , who could play up front if required , I think if we go for him I  it will initially be as a squad player , with the hope that he improves playing with better players . Don't think it would have a massive impact on our playing budget . Got a feeling Ricky Gillies might be his agent

34 minutes ago, munoz said:

Dundee have not made any decision on Loy yet so find it hard to understand where you are getting the info. As such no negotiations have been done on personal terms. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dundee have not made any decision on Loy yet so find it hard to understand where you are getting the info. As such no negotiations have been done on personal terms. 

Prob because there's a pic going around today of loy out with Lee Miller of Falkirk ...nothing more in it than there close mates .

33 minutes ago, Scotia83 said:

Prob because there's a pic going around today of loy out with Lee Miller of Falkirk ...nothing more in it than there close mates .

Think that's right. Miller will be cut by Falkirk next year as he must be nearing 50 while Rory enjoys promotion and a 2 year deal at Super Saints.

1 hour ago, Scotia83 said:

That explains Loy going down far too easy last Season, him being a pal of that cheat. 

Don't want Loy doing that again if he joins us. 

19 minutes ago, div said:

Still very much a possibility that Loy will come. Either way he will definitely be playing in the Championship next season emoji12.png

I suspect more than a possibility. If a straightforward choice (ie no significant disparity in terms offered), he will opt for Saints.

1 hour ago, shull said:

That explains Loy going down far too easy last Season, him being a pal of that cheat. 

Don't want Loy doing that again if he joins us. 

Miller is like the friend nobody wants but have to put up with, a lot of players wives are friendly with his wife and they have to put up with him turning up everywhere with her.

19 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Miller is like the friend nobody wants but have to put up with, a lot of players wives are friendly with his wife and they have to put up with him turning up everywhere with her.

Fairly sure his wife died in her late 20s of a brain tumour.

Perhaps he re-married. Either way he's been left to bring up 4 kids and by all accounts he's actually a good bloke.

On 2017-6-19 at 8:08 PM, djchapsticks said:

Loy for St. Mirren - 1 goal every 156 minutes

Hardie for Raith - 1 goal every 216 minutes

Hardie for St. Mirren - 1 goal every 300 minutes.

Whatever way you look at it, Loy was far more successful than Hardie, regardless of who Hardie played for last season.

A game lasts maybe 96 minutes.

To, at a minimum, take another hour to score after everyone has gone hame is no very good.

Am ah missing something? 

I'd really like to get Loy. He had something going in that team with Morgan, Smith, Mallan, Magennis and McGinn and only one of those (albeit a very big one) is not there at the moment.

It's also a double whammy because if we get him that means Falkirk & Dunfermline don't, which again can only be a good thing for us as he's a proven goalscorer at this level.

Loys a decent enough stiker but he's not prolific..he scored 7 goals for us , some very important goals which I will always be grateful for but I don't think he's all that !!the way some fans are going on and following his every move on Twitter is cringeworthy. He's 12 to 14 goals a season if fit ...like Sutton can be , like Reilly will be ...yes it would be good to sign him but all is not lost if he chooses elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Scotia83 said:

Loys a decent enough stiker but he's not prolific..he scored 7 goals for us , some very important goals which I will always be grateful for but I don't think he's all that !!the way some fans are going on and following his every move on Twitter is cringeworthy. He's 12 to 14 goals a season if fit ...like Sutton can be , like Reilly will be ...yes it would be good to sign him but all is not lost if he chooses elsewhere.

To be fair, I think Loy has other attributes that would be valuable.

As has already been mentioned, he must have had a very decent assist count last season. He also draws fouls in dangerous areas, and reads the game very well.

I agree that we could no doubt get a striker who could score a similar tally of goals, but Loy is a good fit for us just now. He already knows many of our players, and linked very well with them (especially Smith) in the latter part of the season.

Certainly, it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't sign, but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't. I'm confident that he will, however.

Edited by Drew

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

To be fair, I think Loy has other attributes that would be valuable.

As has already been mentioned, he must have had a very decent assist count last season. He also draws fouls in dangerous areas, and reads the game very well.

I agree that we could no doubt get a striker who could score a similar tally of goals, but Loy is a good fit for us just now. He already knows many of our players, and linked very well with them (especially Smith) in the latter part of the season.

Certainly, it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't sign, but I'll be disappointed if he doesn't. I'm confident that he will, however.

His pal Lee Miller taught him that. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Scotia83 said:

Sutton scored 7 League goals last season after playing in 35 League matches. Only 3 of these goals resulted significantly in us getting any points from the game. Loy scored 5 in 13 games. Sutton is finished at this level as a main striker.

34 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Sutton scored 7 League goals last season after playing in 35 League matches. Only 3 of these goals resulted significantly in us getting any points from the game. Loy scored 5 in 13 games. Sutton is finished at this level as a main striker.

Still thought Sutton offered something , and gave us options over the course of the game , wonder if it would be worth using him as s strikers coach