Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

26 minutes ago, billyg said:

Roy , I mean Loy , staying with Dundee. He's good enough for the premiership IMO if McCann can get the best out of him , the way JR did !

Better that than him going to a Championship rival, I suppose.

We now need to focus on bringing in a relatively experienced striker.  Loy would have fitted the bill perfectly, but it wasn't to be.  More options will open up when the loan system kicks in properly.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Don't we currently have 5 strikers on our books ? That's more strikers than I can remember us having. 

Sutton, Reilly, and Stewart.  Smith is classed as a forward, as is Hilson, but not sure if they would be played up top.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I was trying to come up with something in relation to his surname. Your post is as "shite" as anything I could have come up with, cheers.

Just one of my many talents.

Glad to be of service.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I was trying to come up with something in relation to his surname. Your post is as "shite" as anything I could have come up with, cheers.

53 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just one of my many talents.

Glad to be of service.

Best suited for the small room. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Scott Stafford said:

Think we only have Sutton, Reillyand Stewart as out and out strikers and Stewart was described as a project when he signed, So i personally believe we need 1 more.

Now that the Loy deal looks dead. I think we should go for Andy Ryan from Airdrie scored a ton of goals last season for them.

On the basis that we generally play with just 1 out and out striker, I think having 3 on the books means we are probably well covered!

Edited by mcdowell76

From today's PDE from the man himself.

I think we are in a position where we can afford to be patient - but I would still like to bring in a couple more ASAP. We are in a fairly healthy position squad wise. I think we have more than just the basis of aquad. I think we are nearly there with it, though I've made it no secret that I would consider a couple more.

We can be patient but want some more players as as soon as we can get them :unsure:

The good thing is we have the majority of the squad assembled and haven't dabbled in the loan market yet, meaning we can use that to supplement the squad rather than relying on it for signings and then worrying when they don't come off.

Would still like to see us keep some cash free should anything develop towards the end of the window, be that Dundee deciding Loy can go after all or something else.