Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

We can be patient but want some more players as as soon as we can get them :unsure:

The good thing is we have the majority of the squad assembled and haven't dabbled in the loan market yet, meaning we can use that to supplement the squad rather than relying on it for signings and then worrying when they don't come off.

Would still like to see us keep some cash free should anything develop towards the end of the window, be that Dundee deciding Loy can go after all or something else.

Rory needs to throw the toys out the pram pronto. Commuting up to Dundee from Anniesland can't be fun.

Airdrie have put a £75K price tag on Andy Ryan, with us leading the chase, apparently, in today's DR.

£20K and 33% of any future transfer fee sounds about right to me...................:rolleyes:

Anyway, £75K ? Aye, very good.

Next target please.

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Airdrie have put a £75K price tag on Andy Ryan, with us leading the chase, apparently, in today's DR.

£20K and 33% of any future transfer fee sounds about right to me...................:rolleyes:

Anyway, £75K ? Aye, very good.

Next target please.

The chances of any Scottish club paying a 75K fee for a league one player are slim to say the least. 

25 to 30 with a sell on clause is somewhat more realistic.

34 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

Maybe trying to drum up a wee bit of interest for a potential auction Vince ......if he is that good more than us will be having a look.

Airdrie fans on the pie & bovril site are saying a few Scottish Premiership teams have been watching along with Derek Adams also been seen at games watching him.

4 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

The chances of any Scottish club paying a 75K fee for a league one player are slim to say the least. 

25 to 30 with a sell on clause is somewhat more realistic.

To be fair we paid nearly £50k for Mark Yardley 23 years ago and we were in a far worse financial state then. 

Considering how much money we brought in from McGinn, Mallan and McAllister and how much we may still get in from these guys plus McLean' sell-on then a wee bid surely is worthwhile if Jack thinks he is an exceptional talent? Maybe a lower initial bid and a large sell-on in the answer.

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, djchapsticks said:

To be fair we paid nearly £50k for Mark Yardley 23 years ago and we were in a far worse financial state then. 

Was it not £30k, and was the fee not paid by one (or more?) of the directors out of their own pocket, rather than by the club?

The fee we paid for Mark was £35k funded by a friend of mine who is no longer a Director. Interestingly I knew Mark well at the time when he lived In East Calder and played at that time for Livingston Juniors.I recommended him to Charlie Palmer but nothing came of it.Mark was banging the goals in for them and just wanted to step up to senior level and turned down a move to Linlithgow Rose which would have earned him a very decent signing on fee but chose to sign for Cowdenbeath and of course the rest is history.

4 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

The fee we paid for Mark was £35k funded by a friend of mine who is no longer a Director. Interestingly I knew Mark well at the time when he lived In East Calder and played at that time for Livingston Juniors.I recommended him to Charlie Palmer but nothing came of it.Mark was banging the goals in for them and just wanted to step up to senior level and turned down a move to Linlithgow Rose which would have earned him a very decent signing on fee but chose to sign for Cowdenbeath and of course the rest is history.

It was my father-in-law that was the manager  of Livie Juniors he used to go on about the number of goals he rattled in for Livie. He was raging that Livie let him go to Cowdenbeath for peanuts and no sign on clause.